Ricciardo to replace Karthikeyan??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
amouzouris

Ricciardo to replace Karthikeyan??

I found this post http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/70 ... rthikeyan- that says Riciardo will replace Karthikeyan from the British Gp onwards... If this is true id love to see Riciardo in some action

n_anirudh

Re: Ricciardo to replace Karthikeyan??

firstly its PF1...n hrt need the money which NK brings from TATA..

alelanza

That would be very welcomed news
Alejandro L.

astracrazy

n_anirudh wrote:firstly its PF1...n hrt need the money which NK brings from TATA..
True but with HRT it will always be who brings more. Perhaps a backed deal from Red Bull to get him some proper car time. Would be a good deal for both parties.

PlatinumZealot

Yeah, Karkeys pretty much sucks - ONE second slower than luizzi! lol - anybody would be better.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

wesley123

Unless Red Bull finances it it would be pretty unlikely. Kartikeyan is like for 80% responsible for their budget, so a driver not bringing money is a no go.

It is more likely that riccardio replaces Alguersuari, who has been disappointing so far.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

Algeursuari is fighting the pressure well I think. I thought he was a write off; but the last two races...! The boy is on the same points as Buemi now and TR is front of williams too.

I can see the DR rumour true if Tata is leaving and ReBull throws over some cash because Tata will not be happy leaving their stickers on the car when Karthekeyan is gone.

Thunder2

It's done. Check out autosport.com...

Maybe RedBull paid HRT to give Ricciardo some experience before Toro Rosso 2012. Maybe they want a Ricciardo-Vergne line-up for 2012. Then, Ricciardo would have some experience and they woudln't have 2 rookies.

Traction

I'm just hoping that he turns out to be another stunning find, a driving protege if you will and lights up the circus...would be great to see a newbie ripping up the circuits breaking records... 8)
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

ESPImperium

I think that Riccardo will push Liuzzi and Liuzzi will be able to bring out the best in each other. Also bring onboard some sponsor money from Red Bull and maybe some Australian companies as well.

I think that Karthekeyn has had some really bad performances relative to Liuzzi. So if Riccardo can get some car time it will be advantageous to him, also the fact that Karthekeyn has been getting it in drivers briefings by the top drivers for him not moving over fast enough, and one un-named driver even called for the removal of his super licence as he said Yuji Ide was a better driver. Id not say he was that bad, but id say he has had his time in F1 and needs to bury the dream now.

The TATA money is mega, yes, but is performance based, its a €21m deal, €1m up front with €500k for qualification and €500k if he finishes higher than P18 i believe, thats per race. The deal has only paid €4.5m minimum so far. I think this is paving the way for Alguersauri and Buemi to shoot it out at STR for the rest of the year in a your hired/your fired sort of deal.

Hispania need quality sponsors not flakey ones that pay their way with honest money and not ones that pay per performance.

However there is interesting reading on Hispania here:
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/06/ ... do-to-hrt/
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/06/ ... -f1-world/

PlatinumZealot

Source source source on the karthekyan moneys! sounds too good to be true. 21 million is like half the HRT budget!

donskar

Traction wrote:I'm just hoping that he turns out to be another stunning find, a driving protege if you will and lights up the circus...would be great to see a newbie ripping up the circuits breaking records... 8)
In an HRT?! I wish him well, but . . . Well, we all have to start somewhere.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

donskar

n smikle wrote:Source source source on the karthekyan moneys! sounds too good to be true. 21 million is like half the HRT budget!
Read ESPImperium's post again. The money is based on performance. It sounds (if true) like TATA has paid very little. Having dealt with TATA (and other Indian firms), this sounds about right to me. They promise to pay you $100 for 100 units (example), but if you deliver 99, they pay you zero, not $99.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

wesley123

wesley123 wrote:Unless Red Bull finances it it would be pretty unlikely. Kartikeyan is like for 80% responsible for their budget, so a driver not bringing money is a no go.

It is more likely that riccardio replaces Alguersuari, who has been disappointing so far.
Was i wrong here ghegheghe
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

donskar wrote:
n smikle wrote:Source source source on the karthekyan moneys! sounds too good to be true. 21 million is like half the HRT budget!
Read ESPImperium's post again. The money is based on performance. It sounds (if true) like TATA has paid very little. Having dealt with TATA (and other Indian firms), this sounds about right to me. They promise to pay you $100 for 100 units (example), but if you deliver 99, they pay you zero, not $99.
So Karkeys is definitely under the microscope and he is coming up short then. Imagine this man taking his sweet time qualifying 1 second behind his mate and finishing dead last every race when not only his welfare but the welfare of the team HEAVILY depends on that sponsorhip agreement!! 4.5 million when you can get 21:!: Wow.. now I totally see Narain in a different light! He should to be thrown out like yesterdays garbage!