2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Strategy
2012 tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Supersoft (option, red)
2011 tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)

2011 onboard (Alonso P5, pole position unavailable)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXElpqhI0I[/youtube]

Hamilton P2 onboard lap: http://www.formula1.com/video/?uid=2011111318O
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Guisson

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Red Bull Domination with Ferrari and Mclaren not far away.
Red Bull will be strong in the 2nd and 3rd sector following what happened in India
I expect them to win WCC There as well.
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

PlatinumZealot

I love this race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SamH123

Season trends make this circuit look pretty average for Ferrari, there aren't many corners where it's all about the downforce are there?

Can't really see RB being beaten again especially as it's next week.

wesley123

Betting on a Hamilton win here. He is always on a different level here.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raymondu999

wesley123 wrote:Betting on a Hamilton win here. He is always on a different level here.
Him and Vettel are the standout performers in Abu Dhabi IMO.
SamH123 wrote:Season trends make this circuit look pretty average for Ferrari, there aren't many corners where it's all about the downforce are there?

Can't really see RB being beaten again especially as it's next week.
It's more about braking, traction and kerb riding here.

Sector 1 is fast corners but to be honest it's basically flat out the whole way.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger

I think this will be a weak circuit for Ferrari. Alonso will do well to get on the podium.

raymondu999

Nah. Alonso will be in the podium hunt, and probably will end up P3 anyways.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

Hmm a Ferrari(partially) owned track with the curious coincidence of a supposed upgrade that they are bringing. I was just thinking, if Vettel DNF's and Alonso wins in Abu Dhabi, he would be 12pts behind Alonso, if that happens then Vettel would have to win the next two races to be crowned champion. That my friends would be an epic showdown, which would certainly keep me glued to the screen. If Alonso DNF's and Vettel wins, the only way for Alonso to be champion is if Vettel DNF's the rest of the way.

Here's me hoping for a wet USGP quali

Anyway as far as my race prediction. I think Hamilton has a really good chance to win, it's really his race to lose. The McLaren is mighty in the borderline medium speed turns, and slow chicanes, which is basically all Abu Dhabi is. Remember before his retirement in Singapore, he was basically walking away with that race.

Does anyone know if they are going to use double DRS zones in this race as well?
Saishū kōnā

SamH123

godlameroso wrote: Anyway as far as my race prediction. I think Hamilton has a really good chance to win, it's really his race to lose. The McLaren is mighty in the borderline medium speed turns, and slow chicanes, which is basically all Abu Dhabi is. Remember before his retirement in Singapore, he was basically walking away with that race.
That was before the wing tests that possibly neutered the Mclaren though?
I hope you're right though

zonk

Guisson

The only thing that "pushes me to watch this race" is actually the fact that it starts in the evening and ends in night , maybe a potential change of Grip , just like Le Mans.
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

godlameroso

They should wet the track with their sprinklers and make it a wet quali, then it's Alonso FTW!! Heck just wet it at random during the race.
Saishū kōnā

Guisson

Bernie should start working with Scientists to develop Thunderstorm Creators..or other rain seeding devices xD
This should make Bahrain , Abu dhabi and India more exciting :mrgreen:

raymondu999

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Bernie should start working with Scientists to develop Thunderstorm Creators..or other rain seeding devices xD
I wouldn't put it past him. He was indeed investing in a research project several years back that was developing rain seeding technology
失败者找理由,成功者找方法