Tell Red Bull how you feel about their Drivers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
theblackangus
theblackangus

Re: Tell Red Bull how you feel about their Drivers

wesley123 wrote:
theblackangus wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:In the entertainment business, no one cares how you feel when you watch, only that you watch.
Last I understood Red Bull sold drinks.... Certainly something I can vote with my money on.
Last I understood you were talking about Vettel and Webber as part of Red Bull Racing. But oh god! Maybe after all those anger from the fans they will remove Vettel from the Red Bull 4 and 8 packs! :shock:

I hope you understand that Client mail software has a select all button and a delete button, no doubt they'll use it. They really dont give a damn about your opinion, or mine, or whoevers opinion.
Glad you don't speak for Red Bull. =)

And for what it is worth they do care, its their brand. I have received return *non* form letters from them in the past.

SilverArrow
SilverArrow

wesley123 wrote: That isnt a opinion, it is a fact. Have you ever seen any company chance things after a few mails about how things were so wrong? I have not.

The only time I have ever seen things change was after an outcry of hatred that went on for months, and after that it even was a half arsed change.

So no, it doesnt change anything
No it isn't unless you work for Red Bull's communications department, in which case I apologize and retract my statement.

I have seen it in many cases. To name a racing-related example, there's Ferrari last year where they requested a clarification from the FIA after the Brazil race due to the huge number of incoming fan complaints.

ced381

Is this for real..?! How technical!
'09 Volkswagen CC Sportline 2.0TSI 'Jennie'

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Red Bull is a drinks company. Red Bull Racing is a motorsport company. If you want to make a stink, go to the latter rather than the former.

Then again in either case it will make the same impact - exactly zero. And I do mean exactly - not small.. zero.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

theblackangus
theblackangus

Jersey Tom wrote:Red Bull is a drinks company. Red Bull Racing is a motorsport company. If you want to make a stink, go to the latter rather than the former.

Then again in either case it will make the same impact - exactly zero. And I do mean exactly - not small.. zero.
The two are linked there would be no motorsport w/o the drinks. The money has to come from somewhere...

Honest people do you really believe companies don't care what the public thinks of them? If that's the case there would be no ad's at all! Every company wants to be the public favorite, its simply the profitable decision, unless you are a monopoly. Even then very specialized companies pride them selves on good customer experience. If you piss of your customers someone will out do you. Certainly not all companies care what the public think, but then the thinking public often abandons those companies.

Do you all not vote because the government "Doesn't listen"?

Recently a company named "Electronic Arts" let their CEO go because he upset so many customers...
There's an example of a big company listening.
Many others would be wise do to the same in many industries, or be left for irrelevance.

The world is what you make of it, and if you choose to make nothing of it then it will never change for the better.

Blue fellow
Blue fellow

theblackangus wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:Red Bull is a drinks company. Red Bull Racing is a motorsport company. If you want to make a stink, go to the latter rather than the former.

The two are linked there would be no motorsport w/o the drinks. The money has to come from somewhere...

Honest people do you really believe companies don't care what the public thinks of them? If that's the case there would be no ad's at all! Every company wants to be the public favorite, its simply the profitable decision, unless you are a monopoly. Even then very specialized companies pride them selves on good customer experience. If you piss of your customers someone will out do you. Certainly not all companies care what the public think, but then the thinking public often abandons those companies.

Do you all not vote because the government "Doesn't listen"?

Recently a company named "Electronic Arts" let their CEO go because he upset so many customers...
Many others would be wise do to the same in many industries, or be left for irrelevance.

The world is what you make of it, and if you choose to make nothing of it then it will never change for the better.
I think this is an issue that needs to be examined internally. I got the vibe from the ending of the race that no one was happy with Vettel from Red Bull, not Horner nor Newey. I bet they will be talking about this in private the following days, and I'd also bet that it will have implications for the whole season, whether or not the fans are aware.

I think the most vocal hate is coming from people who hated Vettel long before this incident, and I doubt Red Bull could do anything short of firing Vettel to please those people.

In general I think there is too much of an emotional response to what any of the "top 3" drivers do for the teams behind the drivers to take anything anyone says seriously outside of the team. I do feel like Vettel in particular gets the most vocal hate, although that is to be expected since he is currently the one to beat championship wise, having won the past 3. However if it was Alonso or Hamilton who have won the past 3, I feel their roles would be switched. Basically whoever is winning the most currently gets the most vocal hate.

That is not to say that there is not hate towards the others, because there is. However both the Hamilton and Alonso fans are more likely to gang up on Vettel, than the Vettel and Hamilton, and vice versa, are to gang up on Alonso. What I am trying to say is that, the two "losers" (only in the pure sense of not defending a championship currently) do not disrespect each other as much as they do as the "winner". Because ultimately, you don't want to beat the second place guy, you want to beat the guy who is defending the championship.

I want to stress, what Vettel did was wrong. I am not saying it was right. And in the instances above, when I refered to fans, I am strictly talk about the most extreme vocal ones. The average fan of any driver tends to be a very respectable person, whether it's Vettel, Alonso, or Hamilton, or anyone else for that matter. But I think some of the suggestions are silly. I don't think Christian Horner is interested in how some random email is telling him to run his team. Or what to do with one of his drivers. Particularly when you consider how emotionally based a lot of the reactions and suggestions are.

In the case of EA, the customers were unhappy with the service they were receiving and the company's attitude and treatment of their customers. A lot of people felt like EA was just milking the cow too much. However, Red Bull Racing's job is to win championships, and they seem to be doing that good.

Caito
Caito

Surely I'm not sending them any emails. Though what he did was bad for the team, disobeying, it made for a good couple of laps.

So I don't care if they can make their drivers obey as long as I get exciting racing.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

gibells
gibells

wesley123 wrote: ...They really dont give a damn about your opinion, or mine, or whoevers opinion.
Exactly. Dieters happy as long as everybody's saying 'RED BULL', and like they say, no press is bad press.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

There is no point in telling red bull about their drivers.

I was silly enough to pen something after Turkey in 2010, thinking that my opinion would actually be read.

Besides the point, I understand why Vettel did it, but I also understand why it was wrong of him to disobey team orders.

You have to remember that this is a competitive sport, and unless your name is Alonso, very few are going to remember you as a great for coming in second or third place.

Vettel has a ruthlessness about him, it's strength for competition and also a weakness.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

The whole saga stems from the team leaders on the pit wall, so if there's something to say, I'd say it to them.
Their mumbling and lack of clear messages is the reason, although I don't approve a bit Ross at least did it and ordered it clear cut.
Why, when team orders are not illegal ATM, they'd use coded messages? The answer is simple - they have guilty conscience, know perfectly this is not right and try to mask it and save their image. Which at the end of the day created a mess.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

mnmracer
mnmracer

Well, I am interested in why they gave Vettel two teamorders, effectively nullifying any chance to challenge for the win. I am also interested to hear why the team suddenly feel the need to make such a big fuzz about it, when they haven't done so in the three occasions Mark Webber disobeyed teamorders.

I am mostly interested to hear from Mark Webber why he felt different about teamorders yesterday, then he did in Silverstone 2011, Abu Dhabi 2012 or Brazil 2012.

Kiril Varbanov

The focus of the topic becomes lost and it's turning into the usual "team orders" discussions.
If you really want to contact the F1 team, this is the right place.

The contact information of their press officers is floating around the web, and I can assure you they care what people think.

Richard
Richard

There’s an interesting test to see if mega-corps pay attention to complaints. Go onto twitter and complain about a firm then see how long it takes for them find your tweet and reply to you with an offer of money off vouchers. As I recall MacDonalds are one of the best, you simply make a comment about a cold food or long queues. Heh-presto you’ll get a free portion of cholesterol and mechanically recovered animal tissue. :?

http://www.maritzresearch.com/~/media/F ... rPoll.ashx

http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/g ... ter_b22521

wesley123
wesley123

theblackangus wrote: Recently a company named "Electronic Arts" let their CEO go because he upset so many customers...
You cannot possibly be serious with the EA example. And if you are, you really need to check your facts

EA has done nothing than ruin gaming in any possible way for the past few years. Many of the games great franchises have been ruined by EA and their money grabbing nature.

Their money grabbing nature caused a huge outcry around the latest SimCity, in which EA promised their money back if they didnt like it, many, many people went on to try and get their money back, but got it refused.

also before that there was a huge outcry around Mass Effect 3 and the ending of an, in my opinion, great series. This outcry took months, and only after that gave out the Extending cut DLC, which added pretty much nothing. Most of the gamers lost hope in it and since last week the last(am I correct here) DLC was made available, this is probably the last because no one gives a damn anymore and has a huge middle finger towards EA. Not to mention the story of the citadel DLC completely destroyed the whole gaming series as a whole by making fun of it.

Oh and then we have some racing game, free for Android and iOS, but yeah to do races you have to wait craploads of time or pay money to race after that. That also caused a huge outcry, together with the release that EA wanted to do this for all its mobile games.

Oh and then we have the Need For Speed franchise, which is absolutely ruined, it is almost laughable. They have decided to make a game with almost nothing, where you dont have to unlock anything and dont have to achieve anything, who in their right minds would think gamers would enjoy that?

I am probably forgetting a crapload of other things, but I think it is clear. To name EA as an example of how companies listen to the community is the biggest counter argument you could give yourself. Seriously, after years of money grabbing and constant outcry from their gamers all they ever did was sack their CEO, and you call that "listening to the community"? That is jsut like what richard_leeds posts above me, you complain about something, but instead of fixing that they give you a free piece of the crap you have just complained about, and it works. But is it listening to the community? no, because if they would listen they would actually fix the problem, instead of doing something completely unrelated.

EA's games suck and are nothing more than money grabbing, how does sacking your CEO help? Since when does the CEO make the games? It is a completely irrelevant action that changes absolutely nothing but what gives the suggestion that they did listen.
Or how about at the McDonalds and you order something but the one that takes the order isnt nice to you, how is getting a free happy meal ficing that problem?
Or your favorite team had team orders, how is complaining at a drinks company going to help? They probably send you an 8-pack of Red Bull, but how does that fix the problem?

The suggestion that people actually believe that their opinions matter is even worse in my eyes than the company just taking your complaint to the shredder.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

theblackangus
theblackangus

wesley123 wrote:
theblackangus wrote: Recently a company named "Electronic Arts" let their CEO go because he upset so many customers...
You cannot possibly be serious with the EA example. And if you are, you really need to check your facts

EA has done ....
If your option doesn't matter to anyone then why are you sharing it here? Your statement seems a bit hypocritical as it IS your opinion.

Bullies tell people they don't matter, and their opinion isn't worth anything... a good person only grows from understanding others opinions and views. Companies are the same way.
Last edited by Richard on 25 Mar 2013, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened long quote