Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KeiKo403

Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

With some live F1 action for £15 you'd be crazy not to go. So this is really the last chance for us brits to hear this era of F1 engine roar for such a cheap price.

So, who else is going and can we start to see what drivers have been confirmed for which days?

Drivers so far:

Wednesday
Da Costa - Red Bull (morning)
Ricciardo - Red Bull (afternoon)
tba - Ferrari
*Calado - Force India
Magnussen - McLaren
tba - Caterham
Robin Frijns - Sauber
Nicolas Prost - Lotus
Cecotto - Toro Rosso
Juncadella - Williams
Ellinas - Marussia
suspended - Mercedes

Thursday
Da Costa - Red Bull (morning)
Webber - Red Bull (afternoon)
tba - Ferrari
*Sutil - Force India
Turvey - McLaren
tba - Caterham
Robin Frijns - Sauber (morning)
Nico Hulkenberg - Sauber (afternoon)
Davide Valsecchi - Lotus
Sainz - Toro Rosso (morning)
Ricciardo - Toro Rosso (afternoon)
Maldonado - Williams
Gonzalez - Marussia
suspended - Mercedes

Friday
Sains - Red Bull (morning)
Vettel - Red Bull (afternoon)
tba - Ferrari
*Di Resta - Force India
Paffett - McLaren
tba - Caterham
Kimiya Sato - Sauber
Raikkonen - Lotus
Vergne - Toro Roso
Wolff - Williams
Gonzalez - Marussia
suspended - Mercedes

* to be confirmed
Last edited by KeiKo403 on 16 Jul 2013, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

ThumbsUp

Re: Silverstone - Young Drivers Test

I just added the guys from Sauber and Lotus

Confirmed so far.

Wednesday
Robin Frijns - Sauber
Nicolas Prost - Lotus

Thursday
Robin Frijns - Sauber (only in the morning)
Nico Hulkenberg - Sauber (afternoon)
Davide Valsecchi - Lotus
Ricciardo - Toro Roso

Friday
Kimiya Sato - Sauber
Vergne - Toro Roso
Raikkonen - Lotus

waynes

booked last night to go Thursday.

also, pay an extra tenner and you can go on the Pit walkabout from 1700-1800

:)

KeiKo403

waynes wrote:booked last night to go Thursday.

also, pay an extra tenner and you can go on the Pit walkabout from 1700-1800

:)
wicked. Do you know if the pit/paddock area will be open throughout the day to see the back of the garages etc?

stefan_

Re: Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

McLaren has announced that Kevin Magnussen, Oliver Turvey and Gary Paffett will get behind the wheel of the MP4-28 chassis during the Young Driver Test at Silverstone.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

andartop

Anyone have any idea about the timetable for Thursday??? - Thanks!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

WhiteBlue

Susie Wolff will drive for Williams.
Source
Its been a long time that a female driver has competed in F1. I'm not sure that Wolff has the necessary skills. The test drive is more likely due to her husband having shares in the company and Mercedes providing engines. AFAIK she has entered 64 single seater races in six years and never won a single race. She had 4 podiums but that is not an impressive achievement.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 15 Jul 2013, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Steven
Owner

Red Bull confirmed quite a while ago that it would run António Félix da Costa and Carlos Sainz Junior. Not sure if that still holds since the extension of the YDT though.

lio007

Tomba wrote:Red Bull confirmed quite a while ago that it would run António Félix da Costa and Carlos Sainz Junior. Not sure if that still holds since the extension of the YDT though.
and i read somewhere, can't find it any more, Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel are also going to test. both half a day.

langwadt

WhiteBlue wrote:Susie Wolff will drive for Williams.
Source
Its been a long time that a female driver has competed in F1. I'm not sure that Wolff has the necessary skills. The test drive is more likely due to her husband having shares in the company and Mercedes providing engines. AFAIK she has entered 64 single seater races in six years and never won a single race. She had 4 podiums but that is not an impressive achievement.
I guess we have pay testers too now. Man or woman, without any great achievements in single seaters and already 30 years old it is very unlikely to become an F1 driver

Tim.Wright

langwadt wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Susie Wolff will drive for Williams.
Source
I guess we have pay testers too now. Man or woman, without any great achievements in single seaters and already 30 years old it is very unlikely to become an F1 driver
While part of me agrees, all the teams have will likely have their simulator drivers in the cars for this test to basically "calibrate" them.
Not the engineer at Force India

nacho

I thought Wolff (Stoddart) wasn't too bad in DTM, good enough to test F1 definitely.

langwadt

nacho wrote:I thought Wolff (Stoddart) wasn't too bad in DTM, good enough to test F1 definitely.
wiki says four points in seven seasons..

nacho

Well they good have a lot better driver testing but I don't think she is incapable of testing, but yes she is there only because of Toto Wolff.

SectorOne

Interesting to see Ricciardo testing. Maybe a yard stick for da Costa.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"