Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:33 am

Everyone is bashing Domenicalli but I really believe he is not the real responsible of the situation of the team.

Ferrari was a very high standardt team until 2007/2008 but since todt departure, no one was able to step up and make the right decisions. It was obvious in 2009 that , with in season testing banned, the team would suffer big time. nothing was done to anticipate this and invest intop quality infrastructures in maranello.
For me, this is the main reason why Ferrari fails since several years: there has been a big change to the approach of formula oneone must have in order to win the titlle, the way red bull did it, and Ferrari are ever since playing catch up.

the real respoonsible for this is Montezemolo. He finally managed to get rid off his dream team (brawn, schumi todt), so as to be the real one pulling the strings. It's like a child who would have been deprieved of his topy for a long time and finally has it back. He missed the spotlight, and wanted to shine but didt expect it would be so hard to runa formula one team in the 21 st century.

It's quite easy in fact : since the dream team left, Ferrari is nowhere. Do you think that, back in the time, if jean todt would have had the results domenicalli has now, he would have kept his position ??

Domenicalli is in love with Ferrari, so he accepts to take the blame for all the mistakes his boss makes.
Montezemolo is happy with him coz he doesn t dare to say no.

For those, like me who wants to see a red car winning a championship again, there's no use to hope for this to happen, as long Luca doesnt face his responsabilities....
Forza Ferrari
 
Joined: 10 Jan 2012

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 am

Forza Ferrari wrote:Everyone is bashing Domenicalli but I really believe he is not the real responsible of the situation of the team.

Ferrari was a very high standardt team until 2007/2008 but since todt departure, no one was able to step up and make the right decisions. It was obvious in 2009 that , with in season testing banned, the team would suffer big time. nothing was done to anticipate this and invest intop quality infrastructures in maranello.
For me, this is the main reason why Ferrari fails since several years: there has been a big change to the approach of formula oneone must have in order to win the titlle, the way red bull did it, and Ferrari are ever since playing catch up.

the real respoonsible for this is Montezemolo. He finally managed to get rid off his dream team (brawn, schumi todt), so as to be the real one pulling the strings. It's like a child who would have been deprieved of his topy for a long time and finally has it back. He missed the spotlight, and wanted to shine but didt expect it would be so hard to runa formula one team in the 21 st century.

It's quite easy in fact : since the dream team left, Ferrari is nowhere. Do you think that, back in the time, if jean todt would have had the results domenicalli has now, he would have kept his position ??

Domenicalli is in love with Ferrari, so he accepts to take the blame for all the mistakes his boss makes.
Montezemolo is happy with him coz he doesn t dare to say no.

For those, like me who wants to see a red car winning a championship again, there's no use to hope for this to happen, as long Luca doesnt face his responsabilities....


You are correct, that Montezemolo is at the highest point of Ferrari hierarchy and as such he has the power to keep Domenicalli or let him go. It appears, that in this case it is personal attachments or in other words "emotions" that are at the base of Montezemollo's decisions.

He must realize it and either make proper fixes and ammend his decision making process so this doesn't repeat itself, or let someone else be appointed in his place. Considering however the special family ties of Montezemollo with Ferrari, I do not see him leaving anytime soon.

Consequently, we will soon witness Domenicalli depart Scuderia and I am not a prophet. Simply this is typical mode of operandi in business and for strange reasons Ferrari was reluctant to see it this way. In business, winners are promoted and given greater responsibilities, while loosers get demoted to a level that fits them.
321apex
 
Joined: 7 Oct 2013

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:12 pm

321apex wrote:
Consequently, we will soon witness Domenicalli depart Scuderia and I am not a prophet. Simply this is typical mode of operandi in business and for strange reasons Ferrari was reluctant to see it this way. In business, winners are promoted and given greater responsibilities, while loosers get demoted to a level that fits them.



Stefano has not been fired because LdM and everyone else has been fully aware of the lack of forward thinking back in 2008/2009. Therefore everything since then but mainly since the end of 2011 has been playing catch up and going through the process of upgrading infrastructure in order to get to the level of other top teams.

Stefano hasn't been fired because he has been putting together a very solid team while upgrading facilities. Domenicali is no Engineer. All he can do is give his employees the tools to succeed and hire/fire the right people. In the last 2-3 years Ferrari has hired a lot of quality people and made a lot of quality changes internally. Unfortunately it takes time for such large changes to take affect, but looking objectively over the past couple of years one can see improvement. As such, there's no reason Domenicali should be fired, IMHO.
Crucial_Xtreme
 
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Stefano has not been fired because LdM and everyone else has been fully aware of the lack of forward thinking back in 2008/2009. Therefore everything since then but mainly since the end of 2011 has been playing catch up and going through the process of upgrading infrastructure in order to get to the level of other top teams.

Stefano hasn't been fired because he has been putting together a very solid team while upgrading facilities. Domenicali is no Engineer. All he can do is give his employees the tools to succeed and hire/fire the right people. In the last 2-3 years Ferrari has hired a lot of quality people and made a lot of quality changes internally. Unfortunately it takes time for such large changes to take affect, but looking objectively over the past couple of years one can see improvement. As such, there's no reason Domenicali should be fired, IMHO.


Since as you say Stefano Domenicali "is no Engineer", how can he make sensible decisions to properly evaluate and hire and fire technical people? Especially in 2014, a new era of especially steep learning curves in numerous very technical disciplines.

Moreover I doubt whether he holds the necessary insight to understand how to "give his employees the tools to succeed". I won't dispute that in last 2-3 years they may have "hired a lot of quality people and made a lot of quality changes internally" but there is no evidence of that at the Grand Prix and that is where it counts the most.

I fail to see the improvement you are mentioning, rather they are sliding down, especially this year.
321apex
 
Joined: 7 Oct 2013

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
321apex wrote:
Consequently, we will soon witness Domenicalli depart Scuderia and I am not a prophet. Simply this is typical mode of operandi in business and for strange reasons Ferrari was reluctant to see it this way. In business, winners are promoted and given greater responsibilities, while loosers get demoted to a level that fits them.



Stefano has not been fired because LdM and everyone else has been fully aware of the lack of forward thinking back in 2008/2009. Therefore everything since then but mainly since the end of 2011 has been playing catch up and going through the process of upgrading infrastructure in order to get to the level of other top teams.

Stefano hasn't been fired because he has been putting together a very solid team while upgrading facilities. Domenicali is no Engineer. All he can do is give his employees the tools to succeed and hire/fire the right people. In the last 2-3 years Ferrari has hired a lot of quality people and made a lot of quality changes internally. Unfortunately it takes time for such large changes to take affect, but looking objectively over the past couple of years one can see improvement. As such, there's no reason Domenicali should be fired, IMHO.


Mercedes were in an even worse position than Ferrari in 2011, yet we've seen progress from them and look at where they are now.

Ferrari are showing no signs of progress. The "quality changes" he's made have obviously not worked. The decision to sack Costa is starting to look like a big mistake.
Gerhard Berger
 
Joined: 20 Sep 2010

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:50 pm

heidenreich27 wrote:Idk if I should mention it here, someone asked dominically what his responsive is to the people who wants a replacemebt for him at ferrari, and he said this:

Dont worry I will work for atleast 3-5 Years here in the same position.


I think it was on formula1.com


Q: Your exit from the Ferrari team principal position has been predicted many times. How many more difficult seasons can you survive?
SD: I don’t care what people say, because there are so many people wanting my job. It is a privilege to be in this position, but once it is over, don’t worry, I will be around - not here, but in another place. That is not a personal problem. Say to all those jealous people wanting this job: they have to fight for it!

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 15650.html

In Italy, people have been calling for Domenicali's head since 2008.
Gerhard Berger
 
Joined: 20 Sep 2010

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:02 pm

To manage a team of bright and hardworking engineers, I believe you will need someone who have hands on experience and someone could think, eat and sleep like them. And certainly a business grad with business background will not cut it to run a team like that.

I wont be surprise Ferrari will make an instant leap forward if Stefano is being replace by some senior engineer from within. Perhaps thats something they should consider.
CHT
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2008

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:18 pm

I think it is impossible to say that firing someone was a mistake, but what can be said is that they haven't found the root cause for their weak performance, and only show a lack of improvement so far. The improvements in the aero department are obvious (just think of where they would have been without :wtf: ?!). As for the PU, there are two possibilities why they are not the best: 1) the design was too conservative and they were simply outclassed, or 2) they tried to go too far and failed, and what we see is an emergency solution. Either way, they definitely missed their target of a championship-winning car (so far...).
Normally it is Stefano's job to insure that the right people are in the right places to reach their goals, which is why he doesn't have to be an engineer, just a manager with the ability to build a team. He has not succeeded in bringing the team forward through his personnel changes (i.e. he has not done his job adequately). The real reason behind this is also the reason why he has not been fired yet. I do believe that he could if he were allowed to do as he sees fit. But he seems handcuffed by a “higher codex” within Ferrari, and has accepted his role in the organization. If this is the actual situation then he’s the wrong person for the job; they need a team leader who can convince the board that their current path is wrong, and can captivate them to … CHANGE. Not many people out there who are capable of this, though.

*Edit: grammer & spelling....
Servus, Charlie
CBeck113
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
321apex wrote:
Consequently, we will soon witness Domenicalli depart Scuderia and I am not a prophet. Simply this is typical mode of operandi in business and for strange reasons Ferrari was reluctant to see it this way. In business, winners are promoted and given greater responsibilities, while loosers get demoted to a level that fits them.



Stefano has not been fired because LdM and everyone else has been fully aware of the lack of forward thinking back in 2008/2009. Therefore everything since then but mainly since the end of 2011 has been playing catch up and going through the process of upgrading infrastructure in order to get to the level of other top teams.

Stefano hasn't been fired because he has been putting together a very solid team while upgrading facilities. Domenicali is no Engineer. All he can do is give his employees the tools to succeed and hire/fire the right people. In the last 2-3 years Ferrari has hired a lot of quality people and made a lot of quality changes internally. Unfortunately it takes time for such large changes to take affect, but looking objectively over the past couple of years one can see improvement. As such, there's no reason Domenicali should be fired, IMHO.


What improvement?
Things are getting even worse, Ferrari aspirates on team numero uno and not on number four or five..
The_Mauler
 
Joined: 31 Jan 2014

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Its very interesting to see everyone placing blame on one person "Stefano Domenicali". The blame is not with him but the whole of Ferrari.

Ferrari "way of thinking" does not work for the current age of F1. While other teams have more forward, Ferrari way of thinking, its whole culture has very much stayed the same, they are arrogant, how many times have we seen Ferrari threaten to quit F1?

To change this culture, to move forward it does not happen over night. it will take many years and the team will struggle before it seems like it is making progress. Each seasons the team does not build a completely new car, it builds are car base on it's previous season. Therefore you can not expect Ferrari to be magically faster, if the last 3-4 seasons are anything to go by the team has had major problems, only which have seems to be fixed in the last year or so.

Replacing Stefano Domenicali will not fix Ferrari's problems, one man does not make a team, there is no saving grace for Ferrari. All the team can do is continue to work hard and keep pushing. At the same time everyone else will continue to do so and people need to accept that sometimes there will be engineers that have better designs than ferrari, there will be teams that do things better, and sometimes Ferrari will come of 2nd or even 4th best and that is just fact!

The car is solidly in the top 10, Ferrari have a good base, what they do next will show whether we have the team to cut it with the current best in F1.
kaido
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2014

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Breaking news: domically until spain or he gets fires.

Brawn or Briatore for replacement
heidenreich27
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2014

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 pm

heidenreich27 wrote:Breaking news: domically until spain or he gets fires.

Brawn or Briatore for replacement

Source or it's bullshit.
beelsebob
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Location: Cupertino, California

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:39 pm

F1pitlane twitter
heidenreich27
 
Joined: 15 Mar 2014

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 pm

link please ?
Forza Ferrari
 
Joined: 10 Jan 2012

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 pm

heidenreich27 wrote:F1pitlane twitter

And what's their source?
beelsebob
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Location: Cupertino, California

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One teams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests