2014 Testing - Bahrain 27 Feb - 2 Mar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard

2014 Testing - Bahrain 27 Feb - 2 Mar

Darknight

Re: 2014 Testing - Bahrain 27 Feb - 2 Mar

2 days to go!

JimClarkFan

This will will give us a better idea on standings... hopefully :?

Kiril Varbanov

In the meantime, you can vote for the best looking car of 2014 - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=267

turbof1

Renault says they'll have everything sorted before Oz:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112656

Personally, I think they still will be at an disadvantage. If they can't run on full power full race distances during the upcoming test, they'll miss out on invaluable data. In that case even if they get their reliability on acceptable levels in Oz, it'll still mean they will miss out on finetuning.
#AeroFrodo

the EDGE

From BBC's live blog this morning... it's news to me

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer Andrew Benson
"Ferrari's form has been difficult to read so far. They have periodically popped up at the top of the times. And a race run done by Fernando Alonso at the first Bahrain test looked reasonably competitive compared to a simultaneous one by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, as far as it was possible to tell. But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes, and they don't understand how their rivals are getting so much power while staying within the fuel restriction introduced this year. Which does not paint too pretty a picture for Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.

Unc1eM0nty

turbof1 wrote:Renault says they'll have everything sorted before Oz:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112656

Personally, I think they still will be at an disadvantage. If they can't run on full power full race distances during the upcoming test, they'll miss out on invaluable data. In that case even if they get their reliability on acceptable levels in Oz, it'll still mean they will miss out on finetuning.

Not only that but they don't get a chance to troubleshoot the inevitable problems that will appear when they give it the "full beans".

Blanchimont

AMUS reports that Rosberg just did a 14 laps stint, starting with 1:37,7. The times then increased gradually to 1:40,5 in the end.

Red Bull seems to have a good start for today, already 17 laps and the best time is a 1:38,642, the fastest time of the whole Bahrain test for Red Bull so far.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Harsha

Blanchimont wrote:AMUS reports that Rosberg just did a 14 laps stint, starting with 1:37,7. The times then increased gradually to 1:40,5 in the end.

Red Bull seems to have a good start for today, already 17 laps and the best time is a 1:38,642, the fastest time of the whole Bahrain test for Red Bull so far.
Also the fastest Time of Whole Bahrain Test for Renault engine previous was 38.9 by kvyat

khaliweed

Lots of banging and cutting noises from the RBR garage, according to BBC F1 feed :mrgreen:

Thunder

khaliweed wrote:Lots of banging and cutting noises from the RBR garage, according to BBC F1 feed :mrgreen:
Same on AMuS. ^^
But the Car actually runs so far.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Blanchimont

The times keep improving...

From the AMUS ticker:
Perez 1:36,051 (soft tyres, 4 lap stint)
Ricciardo 1:37,908 (medium tyres, 8 lap stint)

Edit:
Perez now with a 1:35,290 from a 5 lap stint on supersofts
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

JimClarkFan

the EDGE wrote:From BBC's live blog this morning... it's news to me

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer Andrew Benson
"Ferrari's form has been difficult to read so far. They have periodically popped up at the top of the times. And a race run done by Fernando Alonso at the first Bahrain test looked reasonably competitive compared to a simultaneous one by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, as far as it was possible to tell. But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes, and they don't understand how their rivals are getting so much power while staying within the fuel restriction introduced this year. Which does not paint too pretty a picture for Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.
That isn't good news if true.... but doesn't Ferrari have the fastest top speed across all the test. Being down on 75hp, which is quite a bit, yet having the fastest top speed doesn't really make sense to me.

AnthonyG

Perhaps they tried to go over the fuel flow limit and set that topspeed? (perhaps to verify their suspicion that others have more power?)
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

iotar__

Force India fishing for sponsors and Red Bull is fast :o .

I don't know why you even bother with times, previous thread proved beyond doubt that they are meaningless. Bahrain is not representative track (if you don't like results), not enough fast corners. If you blink at the right time they're all under 200 or something.