F1 Race not available on demand on Channel 4?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adrianjordan

F1 Race not available on demand on Channel 4?

So I got home from work and sat down to watch the first race of the year, and the first with the new Channel 4 coverage, using the All4 on demand service and, not only is it not available yet, but as far as I can see it won't be....their website lists the qualifying low(sorry high)lights and then the next episode they say will be shown is the Bahrain P1 session....

Anyone know whether this is the case? I'm going to try and remember my Twitter password to tweet C4 and ask them....but if this is the case then I think they have shot themselves in the foot big time.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just_a_fan

Re: F1 Race not available on demand on Channel 4?

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

adrianjordan

Yeah, managed to get into my Twitter account now....mods feel free to delete this thread.

Just annoying as BBC had it just right..!!

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just_a_fan

I don't use Twitter, just found a link to their Twitter thing on the F1 bit C4's website. Convoluted or what?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

adrianjordan

Really not impressed by C4's online offering. (Watched using the All4 service bia Now TV).

I don't have a TV aerial so don't have the option of watching live now since they don't do a live stream that I could find.

And not being able to fast-forward or rewind the highlights properly was equally frustrating (it basically just skips to the next advertising break).

And I refuse to pay the £6.99 a day for a Sky Sports pass....

Come on FOM, sort out your own online stream - you milk every other cash cow dry yet haven't even tapped thia one..!!

xxChrisxx

Write a letter to C4 asking for your money back then.

OneAlex

I'm not entirely impressed by C4's offering in general so far. They went to a break just under 4 minutes into the programme, and then had 3 ad breaks in under half an hour. Combined with the lack of an F1 website C4's offering feels a little light currently.

Still, I like the team.

Unc1eM0nty

I thought the race highlights program was pretty good, yes the adverts are a pain - we got spoiled with the BBC and now we're seeing what everyone else has to put up with. They have really pushed the boat out with their pundits, its an impressive line up, i though Mark Webber was good.

Their online offering is poor it has to be said, last week I tried to find out when the highlights programs were on and I just couldn't find it, it's only the most important thing there is !

Hopefully this will get better, they only won the contract in January so they've not done too bad in the time they've had.