Great Fernando video...

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Sodder

Great Fernando video...

Wish my Spanish was better...There is one hilarious part "Una Tia!". I do know what means... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyzYein ... o%20alonso
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

m3_lover

Two questions

!) can anybody translate what he is saying ?

2) Is there a lot of accidents on the ring from people driving so crazy on it?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

Re: Great Fernando video...

Sodder wrote:Wish my Spanish was better...There is one hilarious part "Una Tia!". I do know what means... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyzYein ... o%20alonso

Sorry, dude!

I didn't see this topic when I posted the same link in an "Off-topic" forum.

Ciro Pabón

m3_lover wrote:Two questions

!) can anybody translate what he is saying ?
Fernando Alonso (FA): Hello! Today I am going to show you how is to take a lap around the old Nürburgring circuit, the old circuit where we don’t run anymore, but that always held races in the old times, it is one of the most famous circuits in the world, and we are going to see how is a lap in a normal street car.

Passenger (P): Well, to go with Fernando Alonso into the old Nürburgring circuit… a challenge for (unintelligible). Look at the bike, pal!....

Passenger: F**k. It is not necessary to go at full speed…

P: There you went wrong…no? there you went wrong a little?

P: Can you imagine to do this circuit in an F1?

FA and Passenger 2 (P2) at the same time: Impossible…

P: Well, they did it before.

FA: They were other Fords… I guess

P: You are sweating… eh?

FA: It is that I turned off the air conditioning to go a little faster.

P: Uff, well… no, no, I am going with confidence

FA: Do not trust too much…

P3: Do you have any to record this?

FA: What? Two hundred and a little more

P: I am not able to go that fast.

P2: C’mon, 200 kilometers per hour

P: Yes, yes (unintelligible)

FA: It’s a gal! (Es una tía!)

P2: It’s a gal!

P: It’s a girl! Impressive!

P: This is the carrousel, isn’t it?

FA: The carrousel…

P: Take a look!

FA: Well, the carrousel is a curve…. Is like going into an oval for cyclists. It is a curve with a lot of sideslope… of course, the car has a lot of grip on this curve.

FA: Now it comes one real fast…

P: Car or bike?

FA: Bike.

P: No, if they fall they don’t have any escape.. Hear, it lacks (unintelligible)

FA: They are like goats… (They are mad..)

P: I have left a mark in the floor stepping on the brakes.

FA: That’s it.

P: Repeat it please, we are recording you.

FA: This can not be done, never.

P: Not even here

FA: Never, never, never, never

P: Is finished, too much.
Ciro

RH1300S

Nice clip - FA enjoying himself.

Mind you don't try and learn the Nordschleife from that clip - it's all out of sequence :twisted:

ackzsel

RH1300S wrote:Nice clip - FA enjoying himself.

Mind you don't try and learn the Nordschleife from that clip - it's all out of sequence :twisted:
Indeed, but for that we still have our simulators.

Principessa

There's a song about Fernando too! MAGIC ALONSO! Tomba found it and send it to me :P

I only understand a few words but when we're going to Hockenheim, I'm going to put it on a cd and we'll play the music very loud with the windows open, me waving an Alonso flag and sing it to the Ferrari fans :P

Is that naught? :oops:

manchild

Principessa wrote:I'm going to put it on a cd and we'll play the music very loud with the windows open, me waving an Alonso flag and sing it to the Ferrari fans :P

Is that naught? :oops:
Yes its very naughty :lol:

Shame on you! :lol:

I'd do the same but only if I was in Hummer and those Ferrari fans in normal cars :wink:

m3_lover

any chance I can get that song?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

Sure! You can download it on emule (I think it will work on Kazaa as well) and you search for : Melendi - Magic Alonso

Perhaps Ciro can translate it for us! Some little things I understand....but very little

Principessa

Btw: When you download it....I think don't get addicted! I already played it like 30 times :oops:

Sodder

Speaking of Formula 1 music... The 80's band XTC had a song entitled "Making plans for Nigel". Someone told me that it was about Nigel Mansell, any truth to that???

Oh theres also a Joe Santarini song called Formula 1.
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

m3_lover

Principessa I found a video for the song :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpeQlhrP ... c%20Alonso

johny

i could do a little translation

"El nano" it's a bullet
his gun is in blue
he shots in a track
straight to the heart

"El nano" isn't human
"El nano is inmortal
it appears on magazines
next to hulk and superman

El nano is a giant
in a mortal body
nobody could catch him
nobody could reach him

El nano aee, el nano aoo
i don't want barrichello,
shumacher nor button
cause it's el nano
who fullfil us with ilusion
when he get in his renault
Magic Alonso

later i'll continue i have to go

here's the link with the spanish lirics, but there're many coloquial expresion that are hard to translate, maybe ciro should made a better job
http://tvspot.blogspot.com/2005/08/letr ... lendi.html

Principessa

Tomba and I ran the Spanish lyrics through babelfish yesterday, so we now also know what they sing! :wink: