BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bidong
bidong

BrawnGP

Tada... This is a forum dedicated to the team formerly known as Honda... let's get the ideas running... maybe we could start something here... Who think's they did the right choice between Barri over Senna.... hmmmmmmmmmm...

guys please visit... http://www.brawngp.com

Technical Director - Ross Brawn
Team - BrawnGP (formerly known as Honda)
Engine - Mercedes Benz

... hmmmmmm ...

Where's Nick Fry?

ISLAMATRON

Re: BrawnGP

who cares? He's a big reason Honda is gone anyway...

xpensive
xpensive

This team will most probably be this year's Spyker, at the far end of the grid, constantly struggling for money.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bidong
bidong

i highly doubt that they will be at the back end of the grid...
With all the rule changes, some of the most prepared might have prepared towards the wrong direction. now, brawngp can learn from their mistakes and I WANNA SEE THEIR CAR!!!!!!

freedom_honda

i doubt the car would be the back of the grid as well. Since Brawn has been VERY positive about the car before Honda pull the plug.

xpensive
xpensive

Apologies to fans of the Honda team, this is of course just my own subjective view, but under the circumstances I would be extremely impressed if Brawn and Gascoyne could make the team score points this season.

andartop
andartop

Plenty of potential for a team which spent millions and millions of $ for years to accomplish nothing, lost even to their own cars run by someone else, then went bankrupt and were only saved by a last minute deal to start testing around three weeks before the start of the season!!! Well, let's just wait and see..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Agerasia
Agerasia

You have to remember that development never stopped on this car. Testing though will now be crucial, and to be honest is made worse by the ban.
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

axle
axle

The car is more likely to be fragile than slow.
- Axle

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Well I'd personally like to congratulate everyone at the new BrawnGP and look forward with eager anticipation to see their new car and how they fair in the 2009 season.

=D> =D> =D>
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

timbo
timbo

xpensive wrote:This team will most probably be this year's Spyker, at the far end of the grid, constantly struggling for money.
Mmmmm... Balaclava....

:wink: :wink: :wink:

xpensive
xpensive

Yeah, yeah, rub it in.
But little did I know about FOM's 20-car agreement with the tracks, nor that the UK employment-laws would have forced Honda to pay-up either way. #-o
Anyway, I'm planning for a very special Sukiyaki feast in three weeks time, anyone care to join?

timbo
timbo

Hehe)))
Yeah, I'm making too much fun out of it, it's just that the idea of eating balaclava cracks me up!

Well, if Brawn somehow succeeds in keeping team together, finding sponsors and ensuring its future, we all can probably agree that he IS the greatest team principle of current generation.

Spencifer_Murphy

This is nothing but good news for all people involved. Especially those who now have a secure future (job wise) and the fans who get to see 20 cars on the grid.

I doubt the car will be quick, they may not have ever stopped working on it, but they have yet to turn a wheel and get valuable feedback on how the simulation numbers translate on track.

Their job this year (and this is NOT a critisism) will be to survive, and build a foundation on which to succeed in future. Brawn knows that, he went to Ferrari in 1997 knowing full well it would take a while to rebuild that team. And if anyone can do this he can.

They're in good hands, and I really sincerly wish them all the best. Can't want to see the car now!

EDIT: About the Senna v Barrichello issue. At first I'd have said they were crazy keeping Rubens (altho I DO like him very much, I feel he's lost his edge a lil bit after 15-16 years in the sport.) and Senna would be a breath of fresh air. But upon further thinking it makes sence. The team's still not in a stable finacial state, and while it COULD be that Senna is a remarkable and inspired choice, but it COULD equally be that he has a scrappy, incident packed first year (as many guys do, especially when you consider his relative lack of experience and the possibility of an underdeveloped dog of a car to drive.)

Rubens on the other hand is an experienced driver, he can develop the car, and can be relied on for solid (if not nessecarily fast) results. Altho he and Brawn have history and can work together. I reckon all things considered Rubens is the safer, more sensible bet.

But I'd bet my house Senna gets the seat next year if they succeed in creating a stable team this year.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Just a few comments from me:-

1. Glad that a big name like "Virgin" or whoever have not got involved. The hype and fanfare that would come with this would be distracting.

2. Glad to see an additional British team on the grid. This is where the majority of the world's talent is afterall.

3. I am sure this team will get a lot of support from the FIA, FOM (in passing comments from Bernie) and FOTA (for a while) as an example of how a low budget team can be competitive under the new financial situation.

4. Hope that the team grows into a no-nonsense, bullsh*t-free winner for years to come

5. Hopefully a chance for Button to realise his long awaited potential. (I'm pushing it a bit now so I'll stop)

They get my vote. :D

Additional thought: I am suprised and disappointed that Senna did not get the drive. They already have an experienced driver in Button so why stick with Rubens? (as much as I like him).
Maybe there was a sponsor clash or something