European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

European GP 2009 - Valencia

May I be the first to predict a boring race ending with a Hamilton Victory

mx_tifoso

Re: European GP @ VAlencia 2009

I love your enthusiasm :lol: .

Found correct circuit image..

Last edited by mx_tifoso on 27 Jul 2009, 02:01, edited 2 times in total.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

What track it that? Not the same one they ran on last year and the one on F1.com

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail ... agram.html

ISLAMATRON

thanks for changing your pic and making my post look sillier than Renaults strategy dept

that track looks like 1 giant boring fail

Who had the great idea of 25 turns? all of them slow and tight?
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 27 Jul 2009, 05:17, edited 2 times in total.

djos

I'll continue being a one-eyed Webber/RB supporter and predict Webber for the win with Vettel playing tail gunner for 2nd and Lewis completeing the podium. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

jonathan189

I feel for everyone who paid €480 to see Alonso!
ISLAMATRON wrote:Who had the great idea of 25 turns? all of them slow and tight?
The person who designed Valencia.

axle

ISLAMATRON wrote:thanks for changing your pic and making my post look sillier than Renaults strategy dept

that track looks like 1 giant boring fail

Who had the great idea of 25 turns? all of them slow and tight?
25 Turns? Each one costing €xxx?! Or maybe they are grandstands and seat prices ;) :P

I just want to see Nico rewarded with a podium for all his near misses...this is probably his last hope for one this year.

McLaren are on an upward swing and will be the team to beat IMO.
- Axle

ESPImperium

jonathan189 wrote:I feel for everyone who paid €480 to see Alonso!
ISLAMATRON wrote:Who had the great idea of 25 turns? all of them slow and tight?
The person who designed Valencia.
Herman Tilke. Thats the man you have to thank, again for desigining this track and many others as well as tweaking many others as well.

This should be a really intresting race, with the McLarens back at the front with the Red Bulls, Brawn trying to come back to early season form and the ferrari of Kimi in there with Rossberg and the Toyotas as well. I can see 7 or 8 potential winners; Hamilton, Hekki, Button, Webber, Vettel, Rossberg, Glock and Kimi.

Cant give my usal sinopsis for this GP yet as we have a 4 week break now and i havnt got my data up to date yet. Once ive done my data, ill have a better idea for engines and gearboxes. Updates and such will be in a couple weeks time.

natef1

Has the track itself been changed at all from last year's woeful attempt?

Should be another good KERS circuit from what I can imagine, a long run down into what is effectively Turn 2, the first braking point on the lap.

ESPImperium

Just a couple of run off aeras and the pit lane exit have been changes i think. The pit lane exit has been extended a little so not to have a carbon copy incedent to the Massa/Sutil pit lane realease last season.

Shrek

does the circuit have walls on both sides of the track with no run off area?
Spencer

DaveKillens

ISLAMATRON wrote:MAy I be the first to predict a boring race ending with a Hamilton Victory
I don't know if Hamilton has a chance, but I hate the idea it may be as boring as last year. Geesh, that was really bad last year.
This will probably be the only race I miss live, and choose to view recorded. And even then, I may choose to not even watch it if I learn it's boring.. again.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

PNSD

This is a real proper stop-start track. Heavy braking and long acceleration parts. Because of the shear size and length and number of accerlation points KERS wont be that much of a use imo.

I reckon Brawn will be back. Heavy braking will make sure the tyres are upto temp adn they have great traction.

Mclaren should be up there still imo but maybe not as quick as Brawn or RBR. I am 100% sure Brawn will solve the current issues and be back at Valencia. They need to be because at Spa and Monza the KERS cars will monster them and at Suzuka RBR will be top most likley.

_____

Vettel, Button, Rubens.

Your prediction?

PlatinumZealot

DaveKillens wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:MAy I be the first to predict a boring race ending with a Hamilton Victory
I don't know if Hamilton has a chance, but I hate the idea it may be as boring as last year. Geesh, that was really bad last year.
This will probably be the only race I miss live, and choose to view recorded. And even then, I may choose to not even watch it if I learn it's boring.. again.
And I thought i was odd for not even watching it last year.. :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏