Japanese GP 2009 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
StrFerrari4Ever

Japanese GP 2009 - Suzuka

I've got the honour of starting a race thread :P

The title race could finish at this race unless Button suffers from reliability issues or has a generally poor weekend.
Looking for a strong Red Bull fightback with the fast flowing bends at Suzuka can't wait!
Last edited by StrFerrari4Ever on 27 Sep 2009, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.

vasia

Re: 2009 Fuji TV Japanese Grand Prix

Red Bull, Brawn, and Toyota should do pretty well here. Not sure how it will play out with the others, but I expect McLaren to suffer a bit at Suzuka and Ferrari to struggle.

Mr Alcatraz

StrFerrari4Ever wrote:I've got the honour of starting a race thread :P

The title race could finish at this race unless Button suffers from reliability issues or has a generally poor weekend.
Looking for a strong Red Bull fightback with the fast flowing bends at Suzuka can't wait!
If Rubens doesn't outscore Button at Suzuka it will be all but over.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

King Six

StrFerrari4Ever wrote:I've got the honour of starting a race thread :P
And you mucked it up! Nobody ever includes the sponsor in the obligatory race thread! [-X

ISLAMATRON

Is it even Fuji TV since we are back at Suzuka now?

...Guess it is

StrFerrari4Ever

Re: 2009 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka

It's still Fuji TV but took out the sponsor now so all is well Lol.

ESPImperium

Id expect that Brawn, Glock and Rosberg to go well here, Webber too. The thing is about Suzuka is that its a engine breaker, and a car needs a good mechanical setup.

Id also expect maybes a surprise from Alonso and posibly Nakajimma as well.

Rookies for this track: Hamilton, Hekki, Grosjean, Alguersuari, Buemi, Vetel, Sutil. Not so shure about Glock, i am not including Nakajimma as he knows this cuircit well from his youth driving days.

Average fuel per lap: 2.91 Kilogrammes (Based on Williams 2.5kg per 5km figure)
Circuit Length: 5.807 Kilometers
Race Distance: 307.573 Kilometers
Race Distance: 53 Laps
Tyres Compounds: Soft/Hard

Vettel and BMW wont go well here as they dont have the engines to spare. Altho Vettel could take a penalty here to make shure he can get to Brazil with a good engine.

And its Suzuka, so theres gonna be lots of racing incedents.

Im reading it that Button likes this track a bit as he generally has finished between 5th and 3rd. However, Rubens has won here before, this could mean that if Rubens wins and Jenson has a race where he finishes just off the podium in 4th or 5th, Rubens will need a prayer from the Brazilian gods to give Jenson a relyability problem (as Jenson hasnt had one yet) or a little shunt or crash (whitch he has had one) meaning that Jenson has still to get his relyability problem for the year.

Going to be a good race, cant wait the 7 days for it.

vasia

Good point, I expect a lot of engine failures during the race weekend. Now that we're near the end of the season, the reliable engines on the grid will really prove their worth. Although the Toyota unit may be weak on power, it could show it's worth with reliability.

ESPImperium

vasia wrote:Good point, I expect a lot of engine failures during the race weekend. Now that we're near the end of the season, the reliable engines on the grid will really prove their worth. Although the Toyota unit may be weak on power, it could show it's worth with reliability.
Just the point i was thinking about.

Id take a relyable engine over a fast one anyday when it comes to this end of the season. And from what ive seen from Toyota, this could be their kind of track (even tho its owned by Honda) i can see Glock doing well here.

vasia

ESPImperium wrote:
vasia wrote:Good point, I expect a lot of engine failures during the race weekend. Now that we're near the end of the season, the reliable engines on the grid will really prove their worth. Although the Toyota unit may be weak on power, it could show it's worth with reliability.
Just the point i was thinking about.

Id take a relyable engine over a fast one anyday when it comes to this end of the season. And from what ive seen from Toyota, this could be their kind of track (even tho its owned by Honda) i can see Glock doing well here.
Well funny thing, but Toyota's team principal has mentioned that the team feels Suzuka suits their car more than Singapore. Suzuka also happens to be a driver's track, sort of like Singapore.

Toyota has done well at Suzuka before, so it should be interesting.

ESPImperium

The driver that could well be in with a good shout here id say will be Rossberg, he has a car that is better than the the Toyota, more consistant that Grulli and Glock overe the weekend and the Toyota engine i think is suited to this track, as well as Interlagos due to its slightly lower power and relyability.

I sence a Toyota (Glock) or Williams (Rosberg) victory here, with a Barrichello 3rd place. The Red Bulls, McLaren and posibly Ferarris will make up the rest, but will be obliterated by the Toyotas and Williams.

One thing bugs me, i think that the BMW Saubers and STRs could be a dark horse here, altho the BMWs dont have the engines, like Vettel.

Just waiting for the Technical report from Singapore to make my mind up.

StrFerrari4Ever

Your right ESPImperium I personally feel STR could be dark horses they've now got the same car as RBR and these fast corners should suit them aswell so I'm quite hopeful for this weekend.

PlatinumZealot

I expect a good performance from Nakajima and Toyota.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

Suzuka should suit the Red Bulls of Mark And Seb, both drivers love this circuit too and I expect an all Red Bull front row and both of them on the podium providing neither get any stupid penalties! [-o<

Considering the RB5 now seems to be good everywhere (except ultra low DF tracks) I reckon the Brawn's and MacMerc will struggle to stay with them.
"In downforce we trust"

sticky667

how do both drivers love this circuit if Seb has never raced here?