Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium

Force India VJM03 Mercedes

Realease Date: February 10 2010 @1 Jerez, Spain.

Just hope they team can bolt on a little more downforce for the slower tracks this year and use the Mercedes FO108X engine to their best and use the McLaren gearbos contenuity to the best effect to create a good overall package with their drivers Adrian Sutil and Tonio Liuzzi with the probable announcement of Paul Di Resta as the third driver who we could see in Friday Practice at a good ammount of races.

mx_tifoso

Re: Force India-Mercedes VJM/03 (Pre Realease Thread)

So we're going to have both general team and specific car threads for the 2010 season?

And why have FI barely given any news about their 2010 season? I've heard nothing about the new car except for an interview with someone from the team, but that's about it I guess.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium

Mainly because they have been buisy using their new CFD facility they have been given by new team partner CRL: http://www.forceindiaf1.com/index/page_ ... ews_id/289

But other than that, just this little article that looks like a interview with Dominic Harlow: http://www.forceindiaf1.com/index/page_ ... ews_id/291

gibells

Any spy shots from the Silverstone shakedown yet?

CMSMJ1

I'm surprised we've not had any shots yet...

come on spy people!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

perer

The track is just down the road, within 1 mile.
So they could have tested it sneaky and fast. And if they don't alert anyone to make some pictures, the spies are not fast enough to react. Also the Shakedown was pretty early considering when they are testing, and during a test so most photographers would have been over there.

i70q7m7ghw

Last edited by i70q7m7ghw on 09 Feb 2010, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

gibells

Looks very nice. Sort of a half Bull half Macca, maybe. Is that a splitter I see underneath the nose? Sidepods look nice. It would be great to see more pics.

gibells

axle

Good sensible evolution rather than revolution.

Rear end is nice and tight, side pods a little fat but that's not necessarily bad if the flow round them is good. Front wing looks well developed.
- Axle

Vasco

WOW!! Very nice and neat looking car.

raceman

gibells wrote:Image

I just noticed a "small" hump just above the center of the front wheels where the nosecone attaches the body of the car, what it might be?? :?:

Also I noticed the exhausts are different than other cars. Can't differentiate from the pictures seen, but looks rather different than seen on other cars..... is it just me or is it really that way? :roll:

axle

The exhausts appear to have copied the MP4-25...which isn't a surprise based on the technical tie-up and the fact the powertrain is the same.

McLaren and FI appear to have brought the exhausts closer to the centre line of the car to make the tail as tight as possible and potentially use the exhuast gasses more effectively.
- Axle

Raptor22

the little bumps are there to provide clearance for the top of the suspension arm rockers.

the exhasut exit is interesting, hard to tell with the white backbround and the overexposed photos