General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Who said anything about not catching???

Catching is one thing, passing is another. Everybody expects Honda to PASS Renault.

Brenton
Brenton

How does Honda's engine budget compare to Renault? And the others if anyone knows? I'm having less luck than expected googling.

Singabule
Singabule

Brenton wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 04:58
How does Honda's engine budget compare to Renault? And the others if anyone knows? I'm having less luck than expected googling.
Wazari said that merc have almost twice honda budget, and cyrill said that their combined budget can be compared to merc and Ferrari, as they keep rehire more person. In the other hand honda not developing their own chasis.

Singabule
Singabule

ivanlesk wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 23:30
Who said anything about not catching???

Catching is one thing, passing is another. Everybody expects Honda to PASS Renault.
Not everybody, MCL not expect that

baybars
baybars

Some of Honda claim and targets

Honda 25 BHP ahead of Renault – Arai
https://www.thisisf1.com/2015/08/31/hon ... ault-arai/

Honda is aiming to match Ferrari's power output with the updated Formula 1 engine it will introduce for the forthcoming Belgian Grand Prix.

Arai told AUTOSPORT his company's existing engine was "much better than Renault" during the most recent race in Hungary, and that the upgraded version will take it closer to Ferrari's output.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/12033 ... spa-update

Honda "very close" to matching Renault power - Hasegawa
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13233 ... ault-power

Honda says new F1 engine will be at Mercedes' 2016 level
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... el-876810/

Honda: We could match Ferrari without token system
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/15610 ... ken-system

Honda expects to overtake Renault this year -Hasegawa 2017
https://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/hon ... tory.shtml

HONDA: WE HAVE A PLAN TO CHALLENGE MERCEDES IN 2017
https://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/18 ... s-in-2017/

hasika
hasika

http://members.f1-life.net/report/63619/
The journalist said the new RA618H for Melbourne will put reliability in the first place ,the performance upgrade will come in the middle of the season.

Wouter

hasika wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 09:14
http://members.f1-life.net/report/63619/
The journalist said the new RA618H for Melbourne will put reliability in the first place ,the performance upgrade will come in the middle of the season.
Thank you hasika.
The Power of Dreams!

techman
techman

So strange is the unrealistic thinking you have...

your entitled to your opinion , this is a honda forum we have our own opinion. i personally believe honda willl pass renault by mid season but remember it not only the engine that matter for a car performance in the end. its the whole package. just like williams. if the engine is good but chassis not they will struggle. however i believe . redbull signs up honda 2019 and possibly win the title but differently beat mclaren.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

I've only asked why most of people think / beleve Honda will PASS Renault. Actualy I was hoping to find out what are foundations on what do you build this hopes (i.e did I miss something conceptual that Honda has and others dont have etc.).

All I got was bunch of crap, driven by your (or Honda people) vs McLaren people feuds.
Insted of argumentation that I was hoping for I got that I have "strange opinion".

I don't care if Honda (with TR or RB) will beat McLaren (with Renault, or with any engine) i ask why you think Honda will PASS Renault (or any other EM).

Honda had chance with McLaren (and vice versa) and didn't take it. Get over it allready, there are people on this forum that want to cover every (most of teams and EMs) and are sick of your constant nonsense.

Regarding my question, I'haven't got answers I was looking for, but i see reasons why, so now i accutaly don't care anymore.

Maybe people think Honda is no longer hamstrung by certain constraints placed upon them by their chassis partner?

Or maybe it's that fact that 2017 was a complete redesign of the PU and given the improvement made from 2015 to 2016 with a flawed concept it gives them hope a similar improvement is possible in 2018.

Maybe it's because RB actually have an AVL dyno, something Honda has thus far not had access to (as far as I know)

Just because Renault claim to have exceeded 950 hp doesn't actually mean a lot. Honda could have 1000 hp but if they only have it for 5 seconds a lap or with poor fuel economy a PU with 50 less hp will still beat them.

I think the other reason the Honda threads have so much following is because those of us interested in these PUs only have Honda being open about the develpment of them. Merc, Ferrari, and Renault don't share half of what Honda do.

Edit Thunder: deleted the Provocative Part. Stay classy Please.

HPD

ivanlesk wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 12:19
I've only asked why most of people think / beleve Honda will PASS Renault. Actualy I was hoping to find out what are foundations on what do you build this hopes (i.e did I miss something conceptual that Honda has and others dont have etc.).
For what I know. Renault will not bring innovative evolutions during the season. (yes, they find profits through the software). But just that. Watch the last seasons of Renault and the evolution of the PU (all reliability evolutions).

Honda is more aggressive in this regard (and for good reasons, they are the last ones). We already know that Honda will try to bring a superior evolution in the middle of the season. With or without reliability, they play a lot and that is why they are the center of criticism.
Regards.

dren

From James Allen's blog:

He (Toto Wolf) added that he expected the main engine rivals to be close on performance to the Mercedes, adding that he understood that the new Honda F1 engine, “will close the gap; I hear they had a good shakedown.”
Honda!

McMika98
McMika98

Havent we learnt anything in the last few years regarding Mercedes and their fear of competitors. It will still be comfortable for them i feel but maybe tighter.

HPD

And how do people think they know how much HP has each engine just watching a few workouts?

Looking at your lap times :?:
Looking at your speed trap :?:

If TR ends 3 seconds behind the leader in a qualification. People will say "The Honda PU has 800 HP" :roll:
Only Marko has the Renault and Honda numbers in his hands.

zoroastar
zoroastar

ivanlesk wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 12:19

All I got was bunch of crap, driven by your (or Honda people) vs McLaren people feuds.
Insted of argumentation that I was hoping for I got that I have "strange opinion".

I don't care if Honda (with TR or RB) will beat McLaren (with Renault, or with any engine) i ask why you think Honda will PASS Renault (or any other EM).

Honda had chance with McLaren (and vice versa) and didn't take it. Get over it allready, there are people on this forum that want to cover every (most of teams and EMs) and are sick of your constant nonsense.

Regarding my question, I'haven't got answers I was looking for, but i see reasons why, so now i accutaly don't care anymore.
thank you... for the last few months the mclaren forum has turned into something more like a religious faith based thing, as opposed to what actually is happening in real life. you ask why somebody thinks the second coming of honda is at hand, and their response is "because thats what i believe". apparently honda has a mystical hold over some peoples minds.
i have owned hondas, and really like the brand. i really hope that they pull themselves together, but its going to take way more than honda forum guesses to make me believe its going to happen b4 the end of 2018.