Challengers concede f1 title

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ringo

Re: Challengers concede f1 title

andrew wrote:
Diesel wrote:It's clear you don't like him, we get it. Time to stop bashing now huh? Your posts add nothing to the conversation other than to provoke Hamilton fans. The definition of a troll I believe.
I apologise for stating another truism. So what else do you call a driver giving up on the title one day then saying he is still going for it the next?

Last I checked this was a discussion forum, not a fanzine! If you don't like it, don't read it then.

So what?

He changed his opinion big deal. :lol:

You never changed your opinion before?

Jeez, you could swear the drivers are held as politions they way some of these F1 fans get their harmones pumping over a comment that changes nothing about the racing.

Hamilton said this, Hamilton said that...
Aye Aye Aye.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

gridwalker wrote:
P.S.
Comparing the number of races contested by Clark and Hamilton is another red herring : there were fewer races back then, so Clark would have had to contest many more seasons in order to contest the same number of races. As Clark would have been at lotus for a longer period (no doubt earning MUCH less money) I would actually say that he was still the more loyal driver.
The circumstances influences one's loyalty yes, but the fact is, a driver's career is measured in wins, points, race starts etc. And the numbers show that Hamilton is the most loyal agree or not.

Even though he has given them the scolding they deserve sometimes, he has always congratulated the team after every race. A good leader must know when to scold and when to praise. You can't just praise the team all the time.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

gridwalker

n smikle wrote:... the numbers show that Hamilton is the most loyal agree or not.
Here's a number : 8

That is the number of years that Jim Clark spent at the same team.

How many years has Lewis spent at McLaren?

Here's another number : 100

That is the percentage of his career that Jim spent at the same team ... with Lewis, that is still open to question.

Numbers alone cannot prove something as subjective as a person's loyalty.

Now, back to the championship : Will the teams give up on the season completely? No. Even if they can't get the top spot, there is still a lot to fight for. Giving up at this point could cost them millions in both prize money and potential sponsorship (not to mention prestige).

A win is a win, even if you cannot bag the championship.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

ringo

Jim Clark had the fastest car 80% of the time.
Easy to be loyal in that situation.

Fangio wasn't a loyal driver to any one team. So i don't get the uproar.
Fangio hopped teams almost as bad as Alonso, who is stuck with ferrari by no choice.
Alonso would jump if he gets the chance to get a better car, no doubt about that.
For Sure!!

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

ringo wrote:Alonso would jump if he gets the chance to get a better car, no doubt about that.
They all would. Same as regular people who get an offer of a better job. You look after yourself. Loyalty can be damaging in the long term. I speak from bitter experience, albiet not in an F1 or racing situation, but the same principles apply.

Giblet

Another topic title as an excuse for more useless driver yin yang, flame bait, trolling, personal attacks, all the good stuff.

Locked.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute