button to end career at McLaren

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: button to end career at McLaren

ringo wrote:He'll leave before.
Just can't see him staying there. DOesn't look like a guy who wants to hang around at the same place for too long.
He'll leave after 2013.
Well he was only at Brackley for 9 years after all, not like he has demonstrated loyalty or anything :/
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

raymondu999

To be fair Giblet; there was that farce of when he tried to sign for a Williams return before his BAR contract was over
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

lebesset wrote:the Times has got this wrong

according to button in an interview at suzuka today , this will NOT be his last contract in F1.....so he won't necessarily end his career here

of course button could be wrong and and it is :D

or it may even be the usual F1 smoke and mirrors
That's interesting. I really think he'll cut the mclaren contract short.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Well before we can say he cut something short we kind of have to know the length of it too :P

For all intents and purposes; I think that he will stay at least for 2 more seasons.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Lycoming
Lycoming

I thought the majority of the delay in his contract signing was related to promotional commitments?

Anyways, button is well liked by the public and was a popular world champion. Mclaren will be keen to retain him as a brand ambassador as they build up their sports car business. I think he will stay, given that he seems very happy at Mclaren.

dren

Button had a hell of a race. Finally won one with Mclaren in a dry situation.
Honda!

lebesset
lebesset

dren wrote:Button had a hell of a race. Finally won one with Mclaren in a dry situation.
button seems to win the tough races , wet or dry
and they don't get tougher than suzuka if you listen to the drivers comments
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

raymondu999

Tough in what way? Physically? Most drivers seem to say Singapore is the physical toughest
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:Tough in what way? Physically? Most drivers seem to say Singapore is the physical toughest
I think though because of the G force through the high speed corners as well as it is narrow and dangerous track.