Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
aduka11

Re: Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

SeijaKessen wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:Senna never attempted to wreck 2 drivers (one successfully) in order to win a WDC.
That's just not true. (It's also where I stopped reading.)
I'm glad you felt the urge to post this. =D>

If you felt the urge to state this, then do us a favor an expound upon your idea, please.

Try something other than the "OMG Suzuka 1990" argument.
Same for you pal...

Try to say something else than Adelaide 1994.

Anyway Sejia after failing to prove MS used LC/TC in 1994 went waaaay off topic.

SeijaKessen

aduka11 wrote:
Same for you pal...

Try to say something else than Adelaide 1994.

Anyway Sejia after failing to prove MS used LC/TC in 1994 went waaaay off topic.
Jerez 1997...that's other than Adelaide 1994, thanks for your time.

As far as launch control, why would you have launch control codes hidden away on the ECU?

Multiple drivers commented on hearing traction control engaging on Schumacher's B-194 in early 1994.

Given the whole Renault incident of 2008 with Flavio Briatore, we could ascertain from that incident, Briatore is willing to do dirty things to achieve certain goals, no? People forget Flavio was already ethically challenged prior to ever becoming the Benetton Team Principal.

This is from the Wikipedia entry on Briatore...I don't have time to go digging around foreign language news sites on this...
He was convicted of multiple counts of fraud in the 1980s, receiving two prison sentences. In 1986, in Milan, Briatore was convicted for 3 years for fraud and conspiracy. He was convicted for his role in a team of confidence tricksters who, over a number of years, set up rigged gambling games, which used fake playing cards. The judges described these as elaborate confidence tricks, in which victims were invited to dinner, before being "ensnared" in rigged games, that involved a cast of fictional characters, and realised enormous profits for their perpetrators. Later, Briatore was involved in the bankruptcy of Paramatti. He was convicted on various counts of fraud in Bergamo, for which he was sentenced to 4 years and 6 months in prison. To avoid imprisonment, he fled to Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands. He never went to prison and he came back to Italy only thanks to an act of oblivion. In spite of his fugitive status, he kept close relations with Benetton and opened some Benetton stores in the Virgin Islands. When Benetton opened his first five stores in the United States in 1979, he appointed Briatore as director of the group's American operations. Thanks to Benetton's methods of franchising, the chain experienced a brief boom in popularity in the US where, by 1989, there were eight hundred Benetton stores. Briatore, having taken a cut of each franchising agreement, became very wealthy. As store owners began to complain of competition from other Benetton stores, the number of stores decreased to two hundred and Briatore began to look for a new business. In 1999, it was reported he was arrested on suspicion of fraud in Nairobi, relating to charges of fraud relating to real estate in Kenya.
My point for posting this is because once you understand the nature of the character of Flavio Briatore (liar, fraudster, and a convicted cheat) then it becomes more plausible that Flavio was just the person who would have OK'd the addition of illegal modifications to a F1 car just to win a World Championship.

Yes, I understand there is a lack of physical evidence. I do agree that it is problematic that there was no physical evidence proving definitively that the launch control was used...same goes for traction control. What is known is there were things on the B-194 ECU that were hidden away, that should not have been there. How many other teams in 1994 were found to have software hidden away on their ECU...?

Second, there was the comment by the ex-Benetton mechanic about the B-194 having everything but cruise control. Certainly you can take it any way you would like...but within the context, he was alluding to things that were on the car, that should not have been on the car (LAUNCH CONTROL AND TRACTION CONTROL).

Third, Schumacher's own history was such that he felt entitled to do certain things on the track that would have had him beaten down in other eras of F1 by the drivers themselves. He was the person who ushered in the modern F1 as we know it.

Fourth, you have Max Mosely <snip> If he could successfully intervene to keep the Benetton team from being kicked out in 1994, who is to say he might not have tried to influence the checking of Schumacher's Benetton? Only when the cheating was so blatant (illegal fuel rig and fire) did he have no choice but to let a punishment be handed out. The chaos of 1994 was of Mosely's own doing...2 drivers killed and numerous horrific accidents in the first 2 months of the season all because of his narrow-minded decisions.

Mosely protected Schumacher in the same way <snip> Jean-Marie Balestre protected Alain Prost. In the middle, you had Ayrton Senna who was a Brazilian, and not a European. ... <snip> Mosely feared losing the German fanbase if he kicked out Benetton and Schumacher? When that becomes the governing ideology for a sports organization, it takes away the idea of fairness completely.

You can laugh all you want at me, and that's fine with me.

What I remember about all of this is that illogical ideas and ideologies led us to one Sunday in May...and resulted in the death of someone who meant more to the less fortunate people of the world than Schumacher ever did or ever will.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 08 Mar 2012, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed off topic comments

waynes

Ayrton Senna Da Silva

21/03/1960 - 01/05/1994

nothing Schumacher did will ever get near to the great mans legacy.

yes he did things that nowadays we think "ah whatever" but like he said "if you no longer go for a gap, you are not a racing driver"

elmerfud

Wow, I didn't know Flavio had such seedy past.
This post above only goes to prove how revered Senna was, I was a fan too.

This has been a great thread, I would love a coding guru to get his hands on an ECU from a 94 benetton and blow us all away with the facts.

bhall

elmerfud wrote:This has been a great thread [...]
I don't think great means what you think it means.

I think this thread represents the absolute worst that this forum has to offer. This is what happens when dogma gets in the way of facts on all sides.

Richard, this is where you're needed. Let's close this bad boy, eh?

aduka11

Mclaren had automatic gearbox in 1994 and i dont see you calling Hakkinen or Dennis cheaters..

So your whole story is based on what others said...Rubens Barichello in 2004 said he's better driver than MS..should we believe him?

<snip>
Last edited by Richard on 08 Mar 2012, 09:54, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed response to off topic comments in post above

Richard

Thread locked.

Hitler, hagiography, 9/11 conspiracies, racism and faked moon landings. #-o