2012 Testing - Jerez 7-10 February

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
italian

Re: Jerez pre season testing 7/8/9/10 February

elf341 wrote:Does anybody know if there is a TV source for watching these tests?

I noticed that Sky Sports F1 only begins on March 9th, which is after these tests.
And I don't suppose that BBC will be hosting on the Red Button.

Or there is just no video feed at all?
The Flying Lap is going to do a summary of the 1st day of test, I don't know if they're going to do it every day.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

ESPImperium

Sky Sports News will be putting aside a decent ammount of time towards testing. Probably 10 minuites every hour.

italian

I haven't got Sky so I will have to settle for written live reports. What twitter account do I follow for be updated in live?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

awizul

italian

Preparations on the first test of 2012 Photos :
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-photos/81 ... 9/#/192019

lebesset

sitting outside the circuit in the sun it is frustrating to hear a F1 car lapping the day before testing starts

word is that it is kimi doing 'filming ' with the new car ...if memory serves teams are allowed a certain amount of filming time each season
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

beelsebob

To be honest, I'm surprised more teams didn't choose to "film" today – they can't get much technical data from a filming day, but what they sure can do is get the car well shaken down and have a good idea what parts seem to be working well before they start the real data collection. Surely this gives them great targets to look at in testing?

raymondu999

all the parts and cars must be in a raced-before spec to be eligible for filming days
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

lebesset

raymondu999 wrote:all the parts and cars must be in a raced-before spec to be eligible for filming days
taking that as correct kimi could presumably be using a 2011 car [ less blown diffuser ? ] on 2011 pirelli rubber ...all new to him
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

raymondu999

Kimi is doing a shakedown though - teams are allowed a set number of kilometers of running to shake down a car. Kobayashi shook down the Sauber too.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MrBlacky

Any good live timing pages? I can remember a site from last year where every driver with every lap was listet.

raymondu999

I think that was the williams site
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium

awizul wrote:HK to shake down CT-01

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeGascoyne/sta ... 1850381312
Anyone know wether the CT01 got shakendown today???

Robbobnob

beelsebob wrote:To be honest, I'm surprised more teams didn't choose to "film" today – they can't get much technical data from a filming day, but what they sure can do is get the car well shaken down and have a good idea what parts seem to be working well before they start the real data collection. Surely this gives them great targets to look at in testing?
i agree, but perhaps model verification comes as a higher priority for the F1 teams over a good shakedown
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

ESPImperium

Next thing is the unnoficial, Formula 1 World Test Championship; what team will top it?

Im going for Lotus, Toro Rosso and Sauber that will be P1 to P3 in the test championship.

However there may be one top team that desides to full pelt from test 1 day 1 just to send a message. Im thinking Ferrari.