2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mr.G

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

Ferrari unleashed the Red Dragon!

Massa starts preaty nice - medium tyres - out lap, 1:25.413, 1:24.828, 1:24.944, 1:25.292, 1:26.346, 1:29.703, 1:26.669, 1:25.811, pit, box
Last edited by Mr.G on 01 Mar 2012, 10:58, edited 4 times in total.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Maggot

Come on.. its been almost an hour now.. no photos still ? [-o<

Ferrari Updates?
Lotus Updates?
Red Bull Updates?

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms here! :wtf:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Rosbergs lap came on hard tyres. Massa's timesheet-topper was set on mediums.

Massa 1m24.828s
Rosberg 1m24.951s
More could have been done.
David Purley

shamikaze
shamikaze

on GP-Update.net you can follow live.

They are making continous reports on RedBull MEchanics covering the whole rear-wing assembly as soon as the car comes to a halt in the pits, so there might be something out there in the back we have to wait for to see it (or they are playing with us again, ...) Time will tell

JohnsonsEvilTwin

shamikaze wrote: They are making continous reports on RedBull MEchanics covering the whole rear-wing assembly as soon as the car comes to a halt in the pits,
Seems ridiculous to me when teams come out and cover the rear or the diffuser this way. Do they forget there are about 50 pro photographers standing by when the car enters the pit lane?
Or does the rear wing/diffuser take on magical properties when being reversed back in to the garage!? :wtf:
More could have been done.
David Purley

blokkie
blokkie

shamikaze wrote:on GP-Update.net you can follow live.
I use

for comments and feedback : http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/443
for exact timings for each car : http://f1tests.co.cc/2012.php?rev=on

Pierce89

blokkie wrote:
shamikaze wrote:on GP-Update.net you can follow live.
I use

for comments and feedback : http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/443
for exact timings for each car : http://f1tests.co.cc/2012.php?rev=on
I have three tabs up. The two listed above plus this thread
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

from Autosport commentary:
The longest run anybody has managed so far today is eight laps, which both Massa and Rosberg hae done. Rosberg's average time was 1.6s slower than the Ferraris, with both cars on hard tyres, but it's probably way too early to make any comparisons yet.
Last edited by Pierce89 on 01 Mar 2012, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Mr.S
Mr.S

Mercedes' Front Tyre is getting chewed.

Over a 8 lap Stint there loosing around 2.7 odd seconds in the last compared to the first. That is BIG.

Mr.S
Mr.S

Pierce89 wrote:from Autosport commentary:The longest run anybody has managed so far today is eight laps, which both Massa and Rosberg hae done. Rosberg's average time was 1.6s slower than the Ferraris, with both cars on hard tyres, but it's probably way too early to make any comparisons yet.
Massa was on Mediums while Rosberg was on hards. So that is 0.8s or should be according to Pirelli.

Massa is not much faster. His initial time was barely the same as Rosberg when Massa was on Mediums & Rosberg on Hards. Its just that Rosberg had massive Degradation issues & his tyres were falling all over the place.

Pierce89

Mr.S wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:from Autosport commentary:The longest run anybody has managed so far today is eight laps, which both Massa and Rosberg hae done. Rosberg's average time was 1.6s slower than the Ferraris, with both cars on hard tyres, but it's probably way too early to make any comparisons yet.
Massa was on Mediums while Rosberg was on hards. So that is 0.8s or should be according to Pirelli.

Massa is not much faster. His initial time was barely the same as Rosberg when Massa was on Mediums & Rosberg on Hards. Its just that Rosberg had massive Degradation issues & his tyres were falling all over the place.
argue with autosport then. I just copy and pasted

Mr.S
Mr.S

Who cares about Autosport seriously. They are absolutely amateurish with their coverage. I dont even follow them during Stupid. They sound stupid arguing about times,not considering tyres & other variables.

Edit - Massa on Hards. Good Pace by Ferrari. Looking forward to a Full Race Simulation to have any idea where they stand. Nevertheless Good Solid Run.

Would Love to see Massa win a race or beat Alonso over-all.

f1316
f1316

Has anyone else noticed that on Massa's runs he always seems to do a fast one followed by a really slow one, before going back to a similar pace as his fastest?

I don't have the times in front of me, but I seem to remember seeing Alonso simply pumping in 1:24s constantly without these slow down laps that Massa seems to always put in.

Just an observation without drawing any particular conclusions, but any thoughts would be welcome.

Mr.S
Mr.S

Massa Wow. 1.24.4. 7 Lap & going.

If this is a Hard Tyre Run then Damn Good Job Ferrari.

And look at the degradation. So LESS. DAMN F2012 has potential. Mercedes' times are falling all over the place due to tyre wear.

Pierce89

Mr.S wrote:Who cares about Autosport seriously. They are absolutely amateurish with their coverage. I dont even follow them during Stupid. They sound stupid arguing about times,not considering tyres & other variables.

Edit - Massa on Hards. Good Pace by Ferrari. Looking forward to a Full Race Simulation to have any idea where they stand. Nevertheless Good Solid Run.

Would Love to see Massa win a race or beat Alonso over-all.
Honestly, I trust Autosport more than some random guy on a forum. Some people here have built a solid rep. If they tell me that Autosport is crap, then maybe I'll start to listen.

Nothing personal but Autosport has a very solid reputation
Last edited by Pierce89 on 01 Mar 2012, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.