Future of the "new" teams?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Future of the "new" teams?

I don't think that Fernandez will have much patience with Gascoyne. MG was given all the resources and they were told to break into the mid field this season. It means they must consistently outperform Toro Rosso, Force India or Sauber and run in that group of points capable teams. It also means they would have to be in Q2 consistently. I cannot imagine that the target is achievable. The Caterham car isn't good enough at the begin of this season to get there.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

marcush.

to me al the teams have shown evidendently they have got it wrong .
Caterham surely had the shortest leadtime but the best people ,including two established drivers.
Marussia had one
HRT had at least 1 experienced driver.

For a new team I´d say it does not make much sense to rent expensive drivers.Guys like Davidson,Klien etc are good enough in that situation ,no need to throw away multimillions there.

Facility:I´m not sure but it looks like you find expertise to build formula 1 cars everywhere so subcontracting most of it will do well at the start and you can learn from what you see.

Aero .That´s the area you need to build expertise methinks .Starting of with a partner programme but assembling a competent group of people with track record in f1 ,luring them a way with the money you saved not hiring big name drivers.

I think kolles was planning things along those lines ..and got money from the drivers not wasting recources on them.Unfortunatelly he had not enough to attract willis longterm and that was that.

xpensive

conni wrote:also wernt the penske car built in poole dorset

conni
They were, though Penske is based in Reading PA, as the Shadows were built in Northampton, but the 1974-76 Parnelli VPJ4 was built in Torrance, California, however designed by Brit Maurice Philippe as the car was little more than a Lotus 72 MkII.

Sadly, those three American efforts of the 70s all ended in tears.

More on topic, I'm most disappointed with Gascoyne's Lotuses so far and fear for the future of both.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

CHT
CHT

All that talk from Caterham about challenging mid field etc has now come to this?
Perhaps Tony Fernandes is now looking to sell the team.

Fernandes still targets tenth for Caterham

http://en.espnf1.com/caterham/motorspor ... 74621.html