Hamilton to leave for Mercedes 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123

Re: Rumor Mill: Hamilton to leave for Mercedes

elf341 wrote:Guys. Seriously. Eddie Jordan started this rumour. 'Nuff said.
Wasnt one of the points that the rumor took fire was because he was right with Schumacher too?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zyphro

elf341 wrote:Guys. Seriously. Eddie Jordan started this rumour. 'Nuff said.
He also propelled the Schumacher to Mercedes rumour in 2009.

Dragonfly

Ferrari need a tough tail gunner for Alonso and for the WCC. No need to swap one blind shooter for another. Except the stolen name, Bruno is a galaxy apart from his uncle.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

zyphro

Dragonfly wrote:Ferrari need a tough tail gunner for Alonso and for the WCC. No need to swap one blind shooter for another. Except the stolen name, Bruno is a galaxy apart from his uncle.
Indeed, I'd even go as far as saying Bruno would be even worser than Massa. He's getting destroyed by Maldonaldo when it comes to raw pace.

SeijaKessen

zyphro wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Ferrari need a tough tail gunner for Alonso and for the WCC. No need to swap one blind shooter for another. Except the stolen name, Bruno is a galaxy apart from his uncle.
Indeed, I'd even go as far as saying Bruno would be even worser than Massa. He's getting destroyed by Maldonaldo when it comes to raw pace.
Not entirely true.

I've already said it before on here zyphro...

Bruno is a lot better than you, or anyone else wants to give him credit for.

He's not a good qualifier and I've said as much. But he runs a much smarter race most of the time than Maldonado does.

If he doesn't get that puncture at Spa, he would have had scored a few more points again.

BTW, Dragonfly, not sure if you are aware of it --probably not based on what you said-- the Williams mechanics who were around to work with his late uncle have all said working with Bruno reminds them a lot of his uncle. He has a very good grasp on the tech side of things, which is something I've not heard about regarding Maldonado.

It's all relative about what you want from a driver: Do you want the guy who is liable to get numerous penalties and retire in the majority of races due to dumb decisions that cost points? Or do you want the guy who is not quite as fast, is more consistent, but has had some bad luck in a few races that kept him from getting some points, or more points?

The "Bruno is in F1 because of his name" garbage is getting rather old now. If his name mattered as much as some of you guys like to claim, then he would not be getting bumped out of P1 for Valtteri Bottas every weekend, minus a few circuits. Who else on the grid has even had to give up their seat that much? It's a complete load of garbage.

Shrieker

It would be the wrong choice. That team is cursed, plain and simple. They won't be challenging for the title any time soon. Hamilton won't be happy there even if they pay him more than what he currently gets at McLaren. But then again, Macca aren't cutting him the slack he deserves. He's more than proven he deserves no 1 status but still McLaren keep ignoring him. It's a lose lose situation for him really...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

LionKing

A fast driver can learn to tame aggressive driving but I think it is much more unlikely for a slow driver to turn into a fast one. Especially one who qualifies 17th when his teammate qualifies 3rd. Senna was 1.3 second slower than Maldonado at the end of Q2 at Spa...

Maldonado acts stupid, has a very annoying character about him but he has a chance in F1 because he seems a very fast guy.

elf341

[deleted]

whoops..for those who don't know: http://twitter.com/EddieJordan_F1 is a funny read! I thought it was his genuine twitter for a short while..

zyphro

elf341 wrote:[deleted]

whoops..for those who don't know: http://twitter.com/EddieJordan_F1 is a funny read! I thought it was his genuine twitter for a short while..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

zyphro

SeijaKessen wrote:
Not entirely true.

I've already said it before on here zyphro...

Bruno is a lot better than you, or anyone else wants to give him credit for.
What do you want, a gold medal? Fact of the matter is, he is being destroyed. What is a few points vs challenging for a race win/ podiums?

He'd be in a pretty embarrassing position if Crashonaldo could stop doing just that: crashing. He's got a very good car this year and is far from unlocking the full potential, unlike his team-mate who has shown impressive pace.

zyphro

LionKing wrote:Senna was 1.3 second slower than Maldonado at the end of Q2 at Spa...
1.3 seconds in todays F1, is miles apart too.

internetf1fan

Hope this is true. I have been vocal about how Lewis should mclaren.

1. Mclaren has lost Lewis more points than the other way around. Had it not been for those stupid mistakes he would be up there.

2. Mclaren care more about jenson than Lewis. Often they spend more effort on fixing jensons car which means less effort is made on making lewis s car go faster and changes suited for Henson also seem to hamper Lewis.

3. People seem to be under the impression that Lewis owes Mclaren. As far as I'm concerened, he has more than payed back his dues to mclaren. After all, the only championship mclaren has won in the last decade was due to Lewis.

4. Merc is a shitty team. No, they are not. They have won a championship more recently than mclaren. They also have Ross who knows how to get best out of his team compared to whitmarsh who has no balls.

5. Its clear Lewis and mclaren don't get along well especially after whitmarsh disband his race team when button joined.

wesley123

internetf1fan wrote: 1. Mclaren has lost Lewis more points than the other way around. Had it not been for those stupid mistakes he would be up there.
He is still up there, but yes, I agree on here.
2. Mclaren care more about jenson than Lewis. Often they spend more effort on fixing jensons car which means less effort is made on making lewis s car go faster and changes suited for Henson also seem to hamper Lewis.
Disagreed here. McLaren treats their drivers equal, if Hamilton was in the same situation as Button was McLaren would have done the same thing
3. People seem to be under the impression that Lewis owes Mclaren. As far as I'm concerened, he has more than payed back his dues to mclaren. After all, the only championship mclaren has won in the last decade was due to Lewis.
No one owes anyone anything, the ones who say that should just shut up. Lewis might have had his help from the young driver programme to get here but he still drove the cars himself and gave his 100% everytime.
4. Merc is a shitty team. No, they are not. They have won a championship more recently than mclaren. They also have Ross who knows how to get best out of his team compared to whitmarsh who has no balls.
And here we go again with the Whitmarsh hate.

Just remember atm Merc is well back on the grid compared to McLaren, Merc has delivered a turd every year and they wouldnt even come close to winning the 2009 title if the rest also exploited these loopholes. Yeah that's right, in 2009 they merely were succesful because of their superb front wing and Double deck diffuser rear wing. When the others had the same parts the lead they had was gone in no time and from the second half on they were like 5th fastest.

To praise Ross like this, no. McLAren is winning races, where is Merc? I'm sorry but if one is doing his job right atm it is Whitmarsh.

Also to say Whitmarsh has no balls, why is that? What daring thing did others do that Whitmarsh didnt? Thats right nothing. And Ross in this respect isnt more tough than Whitmarsh is.
5. Its clear Lewis and mclaren don't get along well especially after whitmarsh disband his race team when button joined.
Indeed, I am surprised they lasted this long.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zyphro

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tract.html

Ring any bells? I'm convinced this is a ploy.

Shrieker

internetf1fan wrote: 4. Merc is a shitty team. No, they are not. They have won a championship more recently than mclaren. They also have Ross who knows how to get best out of his team compared to whitmarsh who has no balls.
I strongly disagree with the 4th clause. In 2009 they shouldn't have been allowed to run with DD at all. They were running a different rule set. The political climate back then was what allowed them to win. It was a freak season where the title literally fell onto their lap. Other than that, they've been a mediocre team with no sustained period of front running consistency.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk