Hamilton to leave for Mercedes 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
fiohaa

Re: Rumor Mill: Hamilton to leave for Mercedes

elf341 wrote:Guys. Seriously. Eddie Jordan started this rumour. 'Nuff said.
indeed, but he was right about schumacher coming back to mercedes.
and he seems to have said it with proper confidence, using words like 'imminent'. i know its eddie jordan and hes completely mental..........but still.

schumacher going back to his home for 1 year at ferrari would be simply incredible. You never know. that would make sense for him, ferrari, everyone.

fiohaa

internetf1fan wrote:Hope this is true. I have been vocal about how Lewis should mclaren.

4. Merc is a shitty team. No, they are not. They have won a championship more recently than mclaren. They also have Ross who knows how to get best out of his team compared to whitmarsh who has no balls.
no...they clearly are a shitty team.
Merc didn't win the champ in 2009. BRawn did. In a car designed by Honda. With loads more resources and people.
Since the Merc takeover they have achieved practically nothing, apart from a race win this year, which was arguably more to do with ambient temperature and at a time when no one knew how to make tyres work.
Look how much their performance has tailed off this season, back to fighting with force india's and torro rosso's now! its now worse than its ever been - at least last year they were a distant 4th or 5th best team. Now they are struggling to be 6th!

Then they fired a load of the workforce, are running on the cheap, because Mercedes dont want to spend lots of money and they are purely using F1 as a promotional tool.

Compare that to Mclaren, whos record is proven, and have shown year on year that they are simply the best at developing their cars. Look how they've come back, its incredible.

SeijaKessen

zyphro wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:
Not entirely true.

I've already said it before on here zyphro...

Bruno is a lot better than you, or anyone else wants to give him credit for.
What do you want, a gold medal? Fact of the matter is, he is being destroyed. What is a few points vs challenging for a race win/ podiums?

He'd be in a pretty embarrassing position if Crashonaldo could stop doing just that: crashing. He's got a very good car this year and is far from unlocking the full potential, unlike his team-mate who has shown impressive pace.
Don't you find it suspicious the race win for Maldonado comes when Frank turns 70, and it was at the height of the Pirelli lotto sweepstakes?

Don't kid yourself one bit about that win being indicative of anything zyphro. :lol:

Far from unlocking the full potential?

That's hysterical.

You're a funny guy.

Maldonado's great in qualifying, and not so good in races.

Bruno's not so great in qualifying, but is better in races.

Balances out last time I looked.

Take away Barcelona and Maldonado has 4 points.

That's great.

JimClarkFan

If Hamilton where to leave personally I would like to see Hulkenburg or DiResta take his place. I think these two guys are the best young bucks on the paddock (baring Maldonardo's ridiculous pace but obvious lack of race craft) and of the two I would have to favor the Hulk as having a slight edge on pace. My feeling though is that Mclaren would like to keep their team an all British affair, and for that reason I can see DiResta getting the nod.

zyphro

SeijaKessen wrote:
zyphro wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:
Not entirely true.

I've already said it before on here zyphro...

Bruno is a lot better than you, or anyone else wants to give him credit for.
What do you want, a gold medal? Fact of the matter is, he is being destroyed. What is a few points vs challenging for a race win/ podiums?

He'd be in a pretty embarrassing position if Crashonaldo could stop doing just that: crashing. He's got a very good car this year and is far from unlocking the full potential, unlike his team-mate who has shown impressive pace.
Don't you find it suspicious the race win for Maldonado comes when Frank turns 70, and it was at the height of the Pirelli lotto sweepstakes?

Don't kid yourself one bit about that win being indicative of anything zyphro. :lol:

Far from unlocking the full potential?

That's hysterical.

You're a funny guy.

Maldonado's great in qualifying, and not so good in races.

Bruno's not so great in qualifying, but is better in races.

Balances out last time I looked.

Take away Barcelona and Maldonado has 4 points.

That's great.
Here's a suggestion: watch the 2012 season again, from day one ;).

Maldonaldo not good in races? Remind me who's won a race again? Oh dear. His pace is not the problem, his race craft and his mindset is. The guy is bloody fast and doesn't know how to utilise his speed - week in week out. Whilst Senna is just consistently slow.
Last edited by zyphro on 06 Sep 2012, 01:43, edited 2 times in total.

zyphro

JimClarkFan wrote:If Hamilton where to leave personally I would like to see Hulkenburg or DiResta take his place. I think these two guys are the best young bucks on the paddock (baring Maldonardo's ridiculous pace but obvious lack of race craft) and of the two I would have to favor the Hulk as having a slight edge on pace. My feeling though is that Mclaren would like to keep their team an all British affair, and for that reason I can see DiResta getting the nod.
Di Resta? You're kidding me surely, that guy has not lived up to the hype IMO. Hulk is ahead in WDC, despite not having driven last year.

JimClarkFan

zyphro wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:If Hamilton where to leave personally I would like to see Hulkenburg or DiResta take his place. I think these two guys are the best young bucks on the paddock (baring Maldonardo's ridiculous pace but obvious lack of race craft) and of the two I would have to favor the Hulk as having a slight edge on pace. My feeling though is that Mclaren would like to keep their team an all British affair, and for that reason I can see DiResta getting the nod.
Di Resta? You're kidding me surely, that guy has not lived up to the hype IMO. Hulk is ahead in WDC, despite not having driven last year.
I actually agree, I think he is overhyped, but at the same time he isn't driving the best car, and I can't put any other young drivers much ahead of him other than the aforementioned. If DiResta was in a Lotus, lets say, I think we would be having a different discussion.

Chuckjr

Shrieker wrote:
internetf1fan wrote: 4. Merc is a shitty team. No, they are not. They have won a championship more recently than mclaren. They also have Ross who knows how to get best out of his team compared to whitmarsh who has no balls.
I strongly disagree with the 4th clause. In 2009 they shouldn't have been allowed to run with DD at all. They were running a different rule set. The political climate back then was what allowed them to win. It was a freak season where the title literally fell onto their lap. Other than that, they've been a mediocre team with no sustained period of front running consistency.

But.....

They have lots of money...which Lewis wants.
They let their drivers keep their trophies...which Lewis wants.
They will give #1 status...which Lewis wants.
Lewis would be treated far better there...like a king actually...which Lewis wants.

The only question is the car, and should Lewis have the skill set like you think he has, then he should be able to overcome those shortfalls just like Schumacher did in 96 when he went to the Reds. It's a good argument that he goes there. It makes complete sense.
Watching F1 since 1986.

zyphro

JimClarkFan wrote:
zyphro wrote:
I actually agree, I think he is overhyped, but at the same time he isn't driving the best car, and I can't put any other young drivers much ahead of him other than the aforementioned. If DiResta was in a Lotus, lets say, I think we would be having a different discussion.
I agree; the only real comparison that can be drawn is his team-mate. It'd be interesting to see how either would perform in a Lotus/Sauber vs the current drivers in the aforementioned teams.

JimClarkFan

zyphro wrote:
I agree; the only real comparison that can be drawn is his team-mate. It'd be interesting to see how either would perform in a Lotus/Sauber vs the current drivers in the aforementioned teams.
True. I feel though that we may viewing DiResta poorly in light of his competition. I personally think Hulkenburg is a very special driver. His pole lap in Brazil was something else.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfjl4b ... -2010_auto

zyphro

JimClarkFan wrote:
zyphro wrote:
True. I feel though that we may viewing DiResta poorly in light of his competition. I personally think Hulkenburg is a very special driver. His pole lap in Brazil was something else.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfjl4b ... -2010_auto
I agree.

CHT
CHT

elf341 wrote:[deleted]

whoops..for those who don't know: http://twitter.com/EddieJordan_F1 is a funny read! I thought it was his genuine twitter for a short while..
possible?

Lewis to merc. Kamui to mclaren. Heiki to Ferrari.

raymondu999

I doubt Kamui will go McLaren. He's not setting the world on fire IMO. He's struggling to keep his Sauber drive, let alone move to McLaren

From Maurice Hamilton on Twitter:
Sitting with Ross Brawn in Economy. Asked if this was cost-cutting to afford #f1 Hamilton. He smiled and shook his head. . . Shook his head in a resigned fashion - particularly when the name EJ was mentioned.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

clipsy1H

nobody forces Schumacher to leave. He simply doesn't want to continue if he really wanted to be in 2013 would be signed with Mercedes so far.

EDIT: Di Resta will go to McLaren

Gerhardsa

clipsy1H wrote:nobody forces Schumacher to leave. He simply doesn't want to continue if he really wanted to be in 2013 would be signed with Mercedes so far
If these are true I also think its because Michael will want to leave, not before he says "Im done" will anything be signed by Merc/Ham.

Could Michael look at something like Ferrari for 1 season, or would Monti blow a gasket?

Its stretched I know, but would be awesome.

I said a while back that I would love to see Kovi in a top team again, as I think he really deserves it. Alonso's team mate next season would work nicely! So many nice moves coming up because of Lewis, Michael, Massa...cant wait...