Hamilton to leave for Mercedes 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phil

Re: Hamilton to leave for Mercedes 2013

Raptor22 wrote:This team has been falling over their tyres since they started. Its nothing new and theres nothing that indicates they are getting on top of it either
They have not been the only team though and the tyres still seem to be a lottery in some of the current races as well (though less than at the beginning of the season). The way that I see it - Mercedes has been caught out by the tyres situation and perhaps there are some fundemental flaws in the cars design making it difficult for them to solve. Lack of testing isn't helping either.

The point is - if it weren't for the tyre lottery (which the front-running teams have struggled with as well), how far behind would the Mercedes be?

I take the point that Mercedes ability to solve such issues in-season is still an unknown factor - but I do think the tyre situation is distorting the overall picture here and caused a disadvantage at Mercedes while being an advantage for other teams, i.e. Sauber, perhaps the Lotus - two teams who are supposedly "light" on tyres and have started this years seasons quite strongly compared to previous seasons.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

snoop1050

Raptor22 wrote: Next years blind alley?
theres always a magic bullet out there for brawn to chase and it always seems to come at the cost of what they should be doing like everyone else.

being a "mercedes" fan has been hard and tiring ill be alot more relaxed next season following a different team

lebesset

Raptor22 wrote:This team has been falling over their tyres since they started. Its nothing new and theres nothing that indicates they are getting on top of it either
which team HASN'T been falling over their tyres ?
sometimes they get it right , sometimes not
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

raymondu999

lebesset wrote:
The Mercedes has suffered higher mortality rates in their tyres though, compared to other teams. The history of the team also isn't very encouraging - BAR and Honda often had tyre issues. Even in their dominant first half of 2009, they had tyre trouble whenever the ambients were cold.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

raymondu999 wrote:
lebesset wrote:
The Mercedes has suffered higher mortality rates in their tyres though, compared to other teams. The history of the team also isn't very encouraging - BAR and Honda often had tyre issues. Even in their dominant first half of 2009, they had tyre trouble whenever the ambients were cold.
I think that was mostly because an update went terribly wrong. In the last few races of 2009 they faired better again when they reversed that update.
#AeroFrodo

raymondu999

turbof1 wrote:I think that was mostly because an update went terribly wrong. In the last few races of 2009 they faired better again when they reversed that update.
Possibly - but then what happened in China? Even on racing laps Button was weaving side to side on the straight.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hangaku

snoop1050 wrote:being a "mercedes" fan has been hard and tiring ill be alot more relaxed next season following a different team
Surely you mean a Schumacher fan right? I mean, if you're a Mercedes fan, then who cares who races for them, right?

Unless you're an angsty teenager of course, in which case, Justin Bieber doesn't drive for anybody, but I think Britney Spears is still driving for Mercedes.
Yer.

snoop1050

i dont know who mr bieber is would that be vettel?

Raptor22

Well he does NEver say never

got my coat

Morteza

According to Auto Motor und Sport Sergio Perez was Mercedes' plan B for replacing MSC.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

taperoo2k

winth304 wrote:
Leon wrote:Hamilton is hoping for better chances with factory team, especially with v6 turbo, but anyway, the situation can be even interesting if Berni&Todt cancel turbo and leave v8
http://www.pitpass.com/47448-New-F1-eng ... Ecclestone

seems the biggest argument for hamilton leaving mclr to merc is beeing vaporized...
It's just Bernie trying to stir things up as usual. He does not make the rules the FIA do -
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/10/ ... ine-rules/
I doubt very much that Renualt and Merc would be happy to have wasted millions on new engines that
get scrapped at the last minute. They will happen if Bernie likes it or not.

As for Lewis moving to Merc ? It's definitely a gamble, but one worth taking. It's about time he flew the nest as it were.
2013 will be a very tough year for Lewis and Merc. I don't think you'll see Lewis having a meltdown in 2013, I think he's smart enough to understand just how much Merc have to improve to challenge for race wins and ulitmately both championships.

JACKSONVILLE

Anyway, I bet Hamilton, as I posted a few days ago on this story, will now be sh1tting bricks!...

His move, and the whole "idea" that he bought into was to have the entire car built around the new chassis and the new turbo v6's looks to be in tatters!...

He will be languishing in the midfield for the next two years at least, and this will also signal Renault's exit from F1. Which is sad given they are reigning double and defending champions... but they did say that they would not be going back ...

Pity, given their dominance of the last turbo era, for you Lewis fans, that was the 80's!...

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/184565/1/e ... gines.html

Nando

Renault is still going on with the programme though.

Prost is slated to test the new engine in 2 months.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102998
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Raptor22

They are testing the engine because they are only staying if it is adopted.
If the current formula continues then Renault will opt out. The current engine has no relevance to Renault. The engine freeze does not suit them and they cannot adapt the engine for more reliability or power. The new engine is their way of finding parity.
Mercedes is the only manufactture who wants to keep the present formula because they have the most powerful engine of the lot.
Ferrari want the new engine too because their new cars will be going that way too.

The Fia want the new engine to attract new OEM's. Bernie says all kinds of gobbledeegoook to make headlines. Money talks and the money is now behind the new engine.

Mika1

They will introduce the new engines. Mercedes and Renault have invested a lot of money in them.
The boss follows me on twitter.