GP dó Brasil = A Shame to F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

GP dó Brasil = A Shame to F1

I have told it a few minutes before the race started in a news report... and what I feared has unfortunately become true. It was very very dangerous, where talent Alonso was the victim of. He seemed to be alright however, only think he's got a seriously broken leg...

Have no time right now to discuss it further, I really HATE these kind of unbelievably stupid regulations, but I'll be back... :evil:

One message: let the teams rule F1

hexel198
hexel198

brazil

Don't start crying about this race. The drivers get paid to do this even if the wether is really really bad.These are the kind of races where drivers can show if they are a man or a boy. You know you have to be more carefull than in any other race , if you see 5 other drivers sliding of the track.This is a race who had to be driven.F1=actioen F1=Pedal to the Metal
F1 is for pro if you are not a pro go laying on the beach

speed_mistro
speed_mistro

i reckon the race was excellent and really showed the decent drivers, the ones who had guts.

Steven
Owner

I aint crying about the race, and idd the drivers with most guts and brains finally got in front. What I mean is that even with full rain tyres we would have seen the drivers with no fear in front, and more importantly, the would have been ably to drive quicker at the beginning of the race, whereafter they could have switched to intermediates when the track dried in some places.
Due to this tyre rule, we saw cars drive slowly, missed out some competition and excitement with when to change tyres, and we would most likely not have had some boring 10 laps after the safety car!
I'm not saying they should not drive (J. Villeneuve had a nice view on that too), but the chance is we even miss out fun with this tyre rule

spiderzig
spiderzig

The Interlagos circuit is noted for its inclement weather. Did the teams all think that it would be a damp race or wet. Judging by the choice of tyres I would suggest someone cocked it up.!!!! :o

They had the choice of wet, or inters. They chose wrongly. And they paid for it big time. I seem to recall many times in previous years that the circuit has suffered from a deluge of rain, and at that part of the circuit, it has always been the last to dry. What were the master tactitions doing on their study of the circuit. I agree that the tyre rule is silly. But it only needeed one team to twig what might happen and they would have had 1st and 2nd on the podium.

I suppose with hindsight everyone has 20/20 vision. But then I am not paid a fortune to tell people what to do. Unlike the geniuii who run F1 teams.
spider

hexel198
hexel198

brasil

The tyre problem was a very stupid thing i agree . this mistake was made by michelin and bridgestone they simply didn'r bring any wet tyres.
But still this was the best race i saw after 1.5 years f1 with a continous schumacher/ferrari lead

ferrarist
ferrarist

After all, i think intermedia tyre was better decision for the race,and if turn 3 was drying like other turns, then MSC propably will hold the win.
See how Fisic overtake Kimi.......

Steven
Owner

There is no doubt that with the race evolution last weekend, the intermediates were far the best choice. Full rain tyres would have probably ony be better during the first 15 laps perhaps, but then again, they were driving behind the safety car.

Has anyone ever seen a start behind the safetycar ever in F1? I can't remember that being happened before...

ferrarist
ferrarist

Tomba wrote:Has anyone ever seen a start behind the safetycar ever in F1? I can't remember that being happened before...
Now U must remember Spa 2000..... :wink: