F1technical 5.0

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

F1technical 5.0

with this a little announcement about f1technical 5.0 that I'm working on...

Because of the problem of google now being unable to spider f1technical, which I really hate, I will soon replace this site with 5.0, which may mean a downtime of the site or ony the forum I hope of about half a day. (the main idea is to import more modules in a later stage, such as site-search, history, news-history and much more...

What the changes will be:
- people with screenresolution more than 1024x768 will greatly benefit, because the site with will be variable, so more content on your screen at once 8)
- temporarily no search archive (sorry, but need to solve that google prob), it's only a matter of time to have it back. (together with the commenting on news items, which will temporarily not be available
- the beginning of a new design, although the big things are still the same, but ready to swith to style5
- some new forums will be added and will still be powered with phpBB although with some modifications and new abilities. :wink: (where the news-forum will disappear because of redundancy)
- search trough the glossary contents
- errors in posting on forum (error messages that appear on the posting page in the frame where the complete thread is displayed) will be solved
- all topics in news will be transferred to the two currently existing forums

greets,
Steven De Groote
Last edited by Steven on 07 Oct 2003, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Steven
Owner

5.0.3 updated:

I've included again the news archive, those who are here a little longer already know there was one until some months ago :wink:
The foother has changed a little, with my email removed because of the mess I got from spambots. Just mail to webmaster[at]f1technical.net , or just by the form, which is as easy :)
The way of applying style colours has changed a little, which will reduce your download by 5KB from the second page you are browsing through here

greets,
Tomba

Steven
Owner

howdy people!

sorry I'm a little late with a race update and stuff, but my year's almost finished here, and must write a thesis and go defend it in fornt of a jury within a couple of weeks.

furthermore, I'm also busy with writing a newsletter thing here, and something else that is ready to be made, but haven't got time for it.

I can say that this vacation will probably mean the introduction of phpBB 2.2, which I will try to introduce with some modified looks here.

Sorry for the lack of updates the last couple of weeks :(
I'm doing the best I can though.

Steven
Owner

thank you all btw
for those who ever clicked the nedstat icon on the pages, this month is the best ever for f1technical

all thanks to you guys! (... and girls, who I unfortunately don't know of :D )

felipezsc

dont worry

Dont worry. You have done a great job with this site! this has got to be the best stie to get info on everything technical about F1. good luck on your thesis and other things. :D :wink:

Felipe Fernandes