Silly Season 2013/14

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Racer X

Re: Silly Season 2013/14

I think Force India would rather have Sergio over having to develop a driver from zero when instead you can get a guy who has showed speed and now counts with a year of Development from McLaren might I remind you that Perez is 23 and has 3 seasons of F1 experience so in FIs perspective it's better to take Perez then Magg.. I think FI simply didn't even consider the idea of taking in Magg because they try to always have the best possible drivers period. Rookie drivers no matter how much a team like McLaren or Ferrari tell you are not going to be taken up by a team like Force India who doesn't go for pay drivers Milaj idk how to spell his name said it himself we don't do business in Mexico and while there might be opportunities for Marketing we got him and he is being paid.. For his services as the fastest possible driver available..

Simply put Hulk and Perez were the best they could get so they got them..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Jonnycraig

Manoah2u wrote:
exactly. somehow there's a deal to give magnussen a seat for 2014 and somehow they have to get him a seat.
They didn't have to get him a seat. With testing back this season he would've got plenty of running and up to speed with the new cars when chucked in.

slimfitcasual

Silly Season 2013/14

SectorOne wrote: Not really, Perez stood out among the newer drivers by quite some margin.
Hulkenberg showed promise but not anywhere near what Perez did. Brazil just put a lid on that one as well.
Who finished 10th and who finished 11th again? In a Sauber vs. a McLaren. Ouch. :)
Per ardua ad astra

SectorOne

Manoah2u wrote:if they managed to get Perez a seat at force india, then why didn't they manage to put magnussen there?
They announced Magnussen before Perez got the seat at Force India so if they would have backtracked on that again i think Ron would have personally buried Martin at the MTC.

No wonder there´s reports of him trying to get back in, since he´s left it´s not been let´s say....smooth sailing.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

djos

Cold Fussion wrote: The Mclaren signing of Perez was an eyebrow raiser for everyone, few really believed Perez really belonged in the Mclaren.
Completely agree, Perez did nothing to justify the seat even if the car did turn out to be a dog!

I'd luv to see Kamui in a Honda Mclaren, he may not be the most naturally talented driver but he has balls and works hard .... pretty much a Japanese Mark Webber imo.
"In downforce we trust"

Racer X

I like to think Mark Webber is the Australian Kamui Kobayashi...
But in all regards to Perez I think this next season versus Hulk should give us a good perspective as to his abilities regardless of how good the Force India is. He should compared to Hulk we will see if he's all smoke or there is fire really there..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

djos

Racer X wrote:I like to think Mark Webber is the Australian Kamui Kobayashi...
Lol, I think Webber gets the benchmark slot in this comparison based on results and career longevity.
"In downforce we trust"

ajprice

Sony McLaren? PlayStation McLaren?... http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/01/ ... e-sponsor/

ScottB

More likely Xperia I think, of Sony's key sub brands, it needs the most pushing.

Gridlock

It's a very very good match, Xperia and McLaren. Plenty of opportunity for branded Xperias, custom McLaren social content, etc.

Plus it would annoy Eddie Cue if they won the WCC.

dren

ajprice wrote:Sony McLaren? PlayStation McLaren?... http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/01/ ... e-sponsor/
and a potential return to orange!
Honda!

Phillyred

Honda Playstation McLaren. The orange would be a bit too drastic. I would love to see the old red/white livery from the Senna Era, but with a little more modern flair to it.

Daliracing

i'm thinking of who will get the last seats that are available on the grid

ScottB

I disagree about the chance for orange, yes the SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) logo is orange, but it's not the brand they push, it's Playstation, and it's black and blue these days.

Xperia is black and purple to me, while Sony as a whole tends to be black, white and greys. So hard to tell, Mclaren may fancy keeping their chrome, I can recall them referring to it as their own colour rather than anything to do with Merc in the past, or it could be something completely different.

I'd be surprised at orange though, unless it's a one off for this year prior to Honda's arrival, but as a colour it doesn't fit with them or Sony.

adrianjordan

I'd love it to be Xperia...since I just got myself a shiny new Xperia SP... :-p
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️