Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
turbof1

Re: Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

Cheating can always happen. In that same aspect it is theoritically feasible that teams adjust the set up of the car while it is under parc ferme. There is only so much the fia can do to prevent it. For the rest we are forced to have good faith in the teams.
#AeroFrodo

Mika1
Mika1

The boss follows me on twitter.

iotar__

- Which car is REALLY the fastest?
- Calado future world champion :o , if he doesn't crash every second race, although Frijns replaced him recently as everyone's favourite GP2 talent (and dirty driver).
- Further proof Alonso is disillusioned and doesn't care any more, BBC was right :o . "Test? Whatever, I'm not risking my life. I have better things to do, we are slow as ketchup anyway."
- Did they fix the kerbs, any exploding tyres yet :o ?

Kiril Varbanov

Lotus with Nico Prost behind the wheel, with Transition Vortex Rake attached:

That's the naming that I'm told by Caterham is being in use internally, but it is a Pitot or Kiel probe rake to study the tire wake flow.

Nathan

iotar__ wrote: - Further proof Alonso is disillusioned and doesn't care any more, BBC was right :o . "Test? Whatever, I'm not risking my life. I have better things to do, we are slow as ketchup anyway."
"When we arrived here on Thursday, the Silverstone test did not seem that important, because the race drivers were only meant to be testing the tyres, but having heard what the FIA had to say, it’s been confirmed that we can test updates and this makes it a much more sensible proposition. If I get the call from the team, I’m ready to go”. 7/7/13

http://www.fernandoalonso.com/en/fernan ... resueltas/

Holm86

So tire safety is not a concern for Alonso.? Then he shouldn't whine over the tires anymore ....

turbof1

Nathan wrote:
iotar__ wrote: - Further proof Alonso is disillusioned and doesn't care any more, BBC was right :o . "Test? Whatever, I'm not risking my life. I have better things to do, we are slow as ketchup anyway."
"When we arrived here on Thursday, the Silverstone test did not seem that important, because the race drivers were only meant to be testing the tyres, but having heard what the FIA had to say, it’s been confirmed that we can test updates and this makes it a much more sensible proposition. If I get the call from the team, I’m ready to go”. 7/7/13

I don't think the racing drivers can test updates. It probably might have seem so a week back, but currently we see both Lotus and Red Bull pull back their race drivers, indicating they aren't allowed to properly test updates.
#AeroFrodo

waynes
waynes

are Mclaren using last years car?

footage on Sky Sports News would suggest so and my uncles at the circuit and has said the same

FrukostScones

waynes wrote:are Mclaren using last years car?

footage on Sky Sports News would suggest so and my uncles at the circuit and has said the same
no or at they use both but not so pobable:

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Sevach
Sevach

Holm86 wrote:So tire safety is not a concern for Alonso.? Then he shouldn't whine over the tires anymore ....
I don't remember him saying anything about tires this season, he criticized Vettel putting his "bad" performances down to the tires.

Holm86

Sevach wrote:
Holm86 wrote:So tire safety is not a concern for Alonso.? Then he shouldn't whine over the tires anymore ....
I don't remember him saying anything about tires this season, he criticized Vettel putting his "bad" performances down to the tires.

"Ferrari's Fernando Alonso is reluctant to take part in a test at Silverstone this month because he fears a repeat of the scenes at the British Grand Prix on Sunday when exploding tyres put drivers' lives at risk. The Spaniard, second in the standings behind Red Bull's triple world champion Sebastian Vettel, was almost hit on the head by a strip of tread flying off Sergio Perez's McLaren in front of him."

"It's not a very safe thing racing on the same track with the same tyres. I don't have the feeling I want to go. But if the team wants me to go..."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/fernando-alo ... -5-24.html

"When we arrived here on Thursday, the Silverstone test did not seem that important, because the race drivers were only meant to be testing the tyres, but having heard what the FIA had to say, it’s been confirmed that we can test updates and this makes it a much more sensible proposition. If I get the call from the team, I’m ready to go."

First he is saying he is afraid to take part in the test. Then he doesn't think its important. If he is afraid of the safety the why wont he help test the new tires.!

radosav
radosav

Alonso made first statement right after silverstone race ,before they tried tires modified for German GP ! Of course he was not keen to test silverstone tires at silverstone again! Are you trolling ,or you just don't read?

Holm86

radosav wrote:Alonso made first statement right after silverstone race ,before they tried tires modified for German GP ! Of course he was not keen to test silverstone tires at silverstone again! Are you trolling ,or you just don't read?
What's your point?? Perhaps it was said before the new tires for German GP was announced. But he knew it would be new improved tires they would be testing at Silverstone. Otherwise there was no point for race drives at the test!!!!!

Pierce89

Holm86 wrote:
radosav wrote:Alonso made first statement right after silverstone race ,before they tried tires modified for German GP ! Of course he was not keen to test silverstone tires at silverstone again! Are you trolling ,or you just don't read?
What's your point?? Perhaps it was said before the new tires for German GP was announced. But he knew it would be new improved tires they would be testing at Silverstone. Otherwise there was no point for race drives at the test!!!!!
It's bad enough when haters pollute the race threads, but to do it in a thread about a test is pathetic.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

radosav
radosav

Holm86 wrote:
It was not clear situation at that time, because one of reason involving race drivers at YDT was to give other teams same opportunity to test Pirelli tyres with race drivers as Mercedes did!