Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_

Re: Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

2013 Young Driver Test - Nico to Return on Friday

Nico Prost will get a second bite of the cherry at the Silverstone Young Driver Test this week, after the team decided to hand him the wheel on Friday in an alteration to the original plan of running Kimi Räikkönen.

After clarification emerged regarding the scope of tests that could be conducted by race drivers for Pirelli this week, it was evident that Kimi would be rather under utilised and that a better way forward was to use one of the team’s test drivers to continue their work with the E21.

Trackside Operations Director Alan Permane explains: "Once details of what race drivers were allowed to do here became apparent, we would have only been able to conduct a very limited programme with Kimi. If we were to run him, it would compromise the other development work we want to do with the car here. By running Nico again we’ll be able to build on the work already carried out and hopefully be in the best position to develop the E21 ahead of Budapest, whilst also conducting the necessary tyre testing for Pirelli."
Source: Lotus F1™ Team
Last edited by stefan_ on 17 Jul 2013, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Holm86

Pierce89 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
radosav wrote:Alonso made first statement right after silverstone race ,before they tried tires modified for German GP ! Of course he was not keen to test silverstone tires at silverstone again! Are you trolling ,or you just don't read?
What's your point?? Perhaps it was said before the new tires for German GP was announced. But he knew it would be new improved tires they would be testing at Silverstone. Otherwise there was no point for race drives at the test!!!!!
It's bad enough when haters pollute the race threads, but to do it in a thread about a test is pathetic.
Who is hating here?? I'm not hating nobody. I think its pathetic to say that you couldn't be bothered taking part in at test that helps safety in the sport. I don't care who says it. But in this case its Alonso. He said he didn't care about the test if it was only to test tires. That's pathetic as safety should be any drives concern.

Holm86

radosav wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
radosav wrote:Alonso made first statement right after silverstone race ,before they tried tires modified for German GP ! Of course he was not keen to test silverstone tires at silverstone again! Are you trolling ,or you just don't read?
What's your point?? Perhaps it was said before the new tires for German GP was announced. But he knew it would be new improved tires they would be testing at Silverstone. Otherwise there was no point for race drives at the test!!!!!
It was not clear situation at that time, because one of reason involving race drivers at YDT was to give other teams same opportunity to test Pirelli tyres with race drivers as Mercedes did!

It was completely clear that the test would be for tire improvements.

raymondu999

Sevach wrote:
Holm86 wrote:So tire safety is not a concern for Alonso.? Then he shouldn't whine over the tires anymore ....
I don't remember him saying anything about tires this season, he criticized Vettel putting his "bad" performances down to the tires.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/06/29/a ... he-season/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

radosav

Absolutely not true! When FIA announced that race drivers will drive at YDT they announced that they asked rule change from governing body so that tires can be changed without all team permission and they said they hope Pirelli will bring solution to tyre problem before German GP ! So things were far from clear!

Holm86

radosav wrote:Absolutely not true! When FIA announced that race drivers will drive at YDT they announced that they asked rule change from governing body so that tires can be changed without all team permission and they said they hope Pirelli will bring solution to tyre problem before German GP ! So things were far from clear!
Really don't care what you say. It is true. The idea of bringing in race drivers to the test was not even announced before the YDT was changed to a tire test instead.

And it doesn't even matter. If you look at the second quote he is saying that the tire test wasn't interesting. But when it was announced that they could test updates as well it became interesting. And that's a recent quote.

I don't want to discuss this anymore. And I really don't care if I was critical of your favorite driver.

Safety should be a priority for any driver. Alonso or any other.

radosav

Holm86 wrote:
radosav wrote:Absolutely not true! When FIA announced that race drivers will drive at YDT they announced that they asked rule change from governing body so that tires can be changed without all team permission and they said they hope Pirelli will bring solution to tyre problem before German GP ! So things were far from clear!
Really don't care what you say. It is true. The idea of bringing in race drivers to the test was not even announced before the YDT was changed to a tire test instead.

And it doesn't even matter. If you look at the second quote he is saying that the tire test wasn't interesting. But when it was announced that they could test updates as well it became interesting. And that's a recent quote.

I don't want to discuss this anymore. And I really don't care if I was critical of your favorite driver.

you started it and don't run away from it:
-- 30. june - race day at silverstone, five tyres blow up
-- 1. july - FIA president Jean Todt said: “Our priority is to ensure safety for all in Formula One and we believe the incidents at Silverstone represent a genuine safety concern for the drivers.”
“We have thus taken the decision to alter the Young Driver Test to allow teams to use drivers they deem fit to carry out tyre development work in a bid to solve the problems we saw at the British Grand Prix.
“I believe it is fitting to carry out this work at the circuit upon which the issues were manifested.”
The FIA added that it has “asked Pirelli for an assurance that there will be no repetition of the tyre problems at this weekend’s German Grand Prix or at subsequent grand prix.”

-- 4. july -- Alonso : "It's not a very safe thing racing on the same track with the same tyres. I don't have the feeling I want to go. But if the team wants me to go...". at this time he didn't know what to expect, no one did.
--
So, again, things weren't clear at all.

Holm86

radosav wrote:
Holm86 wrote:

you started it and don't run away from it:
-- 30. june - race day at silverstone, five tyres blow up
-- 1. july - FIA president Jean Todt said: “Our priority is to ensure safety for all in Formula One and we believe the incidents at Silverstone represent a genuine safety concern for the drivers.”
“We have thus taken the decision to alter the Young Driver Test to allow teams to use drivers they deem fit to carry out tyre development work in a bid to solve the problems we saw at the British Grand Prix.
“I believe it is fitting to carry out this work at the circuit upon which the issues were manifested.”
The FIA added that it has “asked Pirelli for an assurance that there will be no repetition of the tyre problems at this weekend’s German Grand Prix or at subsequent grand prix.”

-- 4. july -- Alonso : "It's not a very safe thing racing on the same track with the same tyres. I don't have the feeling I want to go. But if the team wants me to go...". at this time he didn't know what to expect, no one did.
--
So, again, things weren't clear at all.
" 1. july - FIA president Jean Todt said: “Our priority is to ensure safety for all in Formula One and we believe the incidents at Silverstone represent a genuine safety concern for the drivers.”
“We have thus taken the decision to alter the Young Driver Test to allow teams to use drivers they deem fit to carry out tyre development work in a bid to solve the problems we saw at the British Grand Prix."

This is your own quote. This means fixing safety issues!! Tyre development! That does not mean same tyres as the ones that exploded!! How can you say that you cant be bothered to participate in that??

Goran2812

Holm86 wrote:

wow, for someone who started the argument, you really are quite ignorant... #-o calm down boys and enjoy the show...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

radosav

I am sure that every drivers wish after Silverstone was to go back to Silverstone track and put on some Pirelli tyres and hit the road with 320 km per hour and wait to see what will happen ! That is tyre development!

Holm86

radosav wrote:I am sure that every drivers wish after Silverstone was to go back to Silverstone track and put on some Pirelli tyres and hit the road with 320 km per hour and wait to see what will happen ! That is tyre development!
So it would be better just to wait till the next race and see if they same would happen there?? Or what other options is there?? Just stop racing all together?

Holm86

Goran2812 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:

wow, for someone who started the argument, you really are quite ignorant... #-o calm down boys and enjoy the show...
Ignorant?? If you can see the discussion is going nowhere what is the point of continuing? Why keep discussing with someone who is clearly wearing blindfolds.

Racer X

The limits placed on race drivers vs young drivers is interesting. Im not a Mercedez hater but did Mercedez also have their run program limited to the same runs. Im curios.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Pierce89

Holm86 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
It's bad enough when haters pollute the race threads, but to do it in a thread about a test is pathetic.
Who is hating here?? I'm not hating nobody. I think its pathetic to say that you couldn't be bothered taking part in at test that helps safety in the sport. I don't care who says it. But in this case its Alonso. He said he didn't care about the test if it was only to test tires. That's pathetic as safety should be any drives concern.
Alonso never said he didn't care about safety. You just interpreted his comments in a way of your choosing. Alonso's presence or not will not affect safety in any way. Its obvious by how long you've persisted in a conversation solely to criticize Alonso that you are hating. Kimi is skipping the test now that he's found out they can't develop the car with race drivers and, he had already been scheduled to run. I've not seen you talking about his disregard for safety.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

stefan_

Day 2 of Young Driver Test: The line-up

Red Bull Racing
Morning: António Félix da Costa
Afternoon: Daniel Ricciardo

Scuderia Ferrari
Davide Rigon

McLaren
Oliver Turvey

Lotus F1 Team
Davide Valsecchi

Sauber F1 Team
Morning: Robin Frijns
Afternoon: Nico Hülkenberg

Sahara Force India
Adrian Sutil*

Williams F1 Team
Pastor Maldonado

Scuderia Toro Rosso
Morning: Daniel Ricciardo
Afternoon: Carlos Sainz Jr.

Caterham F1 Team
Will Stevens

Marussia F1 Team
Rodolfo González

* To be confirmed in morning

Running time:
9am – 5pm (local time, GMT +1)
via GP Update
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985