Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: Young Drivers Test 2013 - Silverstone

It may have been shared elsewhere, but just in case - Pirelli tire data from yesterday, Day 1 at Silverstone, from James Calado's stint in Force India:

Magnified Image credit: Mario @Techf1iles

Original photo is provided by the team official image stream, which I find fist here.

Forza

In the top left corner of data sheet there is also some aero efficiency data from the run

Blanchimont

Yeah, i noticed that, too.

But what exactly does the table tell us? Is it about sector times (S1, S2 and S3 in the first row) for different vehicle configurations? A car weight of 27.6 would make no sense, for example.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

iotar__

turbof1 wrote:Ricciardo will also test for Red Bull:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108807

Off topic, but this also implies Vergne is out of the running for next year's Red Bull seat.
You were right, I guess it's close to deadlines and RB had to choose or pretend to choose. What if RB hires Raikkonen, will they replace Vergne with DaCosta? Or maybe ditch both?

Young drivers test, another formula 1 success story: Prost, Paffett and Rigon running aero test. I want speed shoot-outs for a seat goddammit :o.

Steven
Owner

It's generally the same modus operandi as in FP1 and FP2 sessions where teams first focus on the car before going out on performance runs. Drivers were allowed to do some quick running towards the end of the session yesterday, so I expect this to be similar today.

Kiril Varbanov

Blanchimont wrote:Yeah, i noticed that, too.

But what exactly does the table tell us? Is it about sector times (S1, S2 and S3 in the first row) for different vehicle configurations? A car weight of 27.6 would make no sense, for example.
The image tells us two things for sure: pressures are up, while the operating temperatures are down.
The three squares are likely to be overall temp, inner and outer shoulder temps.

The Aero Efficiency Threshold numbers are apparently a cumulative index and since there are some minuses on top of each column, I would assume that this is wind tunnel / CFD data correlation with the respective deltas.
Last edited by Kiril Varbanov on 18 Jul 2013, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

waynes

Sauber spun at luffield causing red flag. Not sure who was driving

waynes

Lotus black flagged. Valsecchi in the car ignored 3 flags

No idea why

stefan_

For the moment Ricciardo makes a 1-2 in different cars.

via Jon Noble

But then...
Last edited by stefan_ on 18 Jul 2013, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

waynes

Ricciardo in the gravel at luffield

waynes

Stefan you were stood behind me with that picture

:D

stefan_

Well yes, being on the other side of the continent I am behind you.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

waynes

stefan_ wrote:Well yes, being on the other side of the continent I am behind you.
:D

JimClarkFan

How is Ricciardo performing, is he impressing?

turbof1

iotar__ wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Ricciardo will also test for Red Bull:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108807

Off topic, but this also implies Vergne is out of the running for next year's Red Bull seat.
You were right, I guess it's close to deadlines and RB had to choose or pretend to choose. What if RB hires Raikkonen, will they replace Vergne with DaCosta? Or maybe ditch both?

Young drivers test, another formula 1 success story: Prost, Paffett and Rigon running aero test. I want speed shoot-outs for a seat goddammit :o.
I'll get further on that in the "who will replace webber" topic.
#AeroFrodo