Schumacher ski accident, coma and recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

Re: Schumacher suffer serious head injury?

You guys saying Schumi has passed better not be messing with us. I really hope he pulls through.

kaller

The websites have been taken down due to overload. At least that' what agencies in Germany are reporting.

I hope he gets well soon and recovers fully. Would be shame to end a great life this soon.

Edit:
His personal doctor Johannes Peil also arrived at the hospital.
Last edited by kaller on 30 Dec 2013, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

dave34m

ScottB wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Juzh wrote:How long has it been like that?
changed about an hour ago
Saw a tweet from someone looking at its archive version, it's been like that for over a year.
This is from 29 March 2013 and its black then

http://web.archive.org/web/201303290914 ... acher.org/

ScottB

Manoah2u wrote: oh ok a dutch and german news report stated the website of Ralf turned black, reports were made just an hour ago.
well let's hope then that doesn't mean anything.
Here's his site from January this year, all black.

http://web.archive.org/web/201301230634 ... acher.org/

Daliracing

well lets hope he gets well

Manoah2u

ah ok. why would somebody say he's dead when he's not? :evil: :wtf:

hope he recovers
Last edited by Manoah2u on 30 Dec 2013, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ScottB

Daliracing wrote:http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/422066- ... a/?photo=2

this is what i just found
The death posts and pages will be started by idiots either wanting to be 'first,' seeking attention or just trolling the rest of us.

Until it's posted by a knowledgeable account (journalist, team member, somebody involved in the sport), or starts appearing on the trustworthy news sites, I would personally not believe anything!

i70q7m7ghw

Jesus, those fake tweets aren't on, my heart skipped a beat reading through this thread. Thoughts with Schumi and his family, hoping to wake up to better news tomorrow!

Shrieker

Hope he pulls through...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Kiril Varbanov

Just had a quick talk with senior neurosurgeon.

"When it comes to such delicate conditions, solid statements are unwelcome. So is sharing information often, as it takes time for progress - hours to weeks".
I had in mind that the coma was drug induced, which was confirmed to me, as opposed to "fall-into" circumstance.

"The second surgery means things aren't looking good, but it was a necessary step. Third would mean a lot of damage and/or complications and side effects. The only people that know for sure are the doctors, so leave them alone and don't read speculations".

MadMatt

Schumi has been my first favourite driver when I started watching motorsport back at the very end of 1997 and I kept being a big fan until now. I used to watch every qualifying session live and every race live when he was competing. I have also created the number 1 unofficial forum (which is now number 1 mercedes unofficial forum). All this to say that it has a big impact on me.

I quote Vettel because that's one very great message he posted:

"This is a very sad night. Michael, this is the most important GP of your life and you are going to win."

I really hope he goes through this. Come on Michael!

stefan_

The amount of retarded news and rumours regarding Michael's condition is astounding.

He'll win this race too, don't worry.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Hail22

The surgeon and a spokesman have spoken these are the facts:
"When he arrived he had a serious brain injury and was in a coma," says the first speaker.

"He still remains in a critical condition."

And the professor adds: "He was immediately operated on after the first scan."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... z2ox2LORwO
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
The professor adds: "For the moment we are not able to express ourselves in regards to Michael Schumacher's future.

"He's been given an artificial coma.

"His situation is considered to be critical.

"He was operated on only once.

"We're not able to speak about after-effects, just treatment. We're working hour-by-hour."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... z2ox2Os9ZU
"His condition is considered to be extremely serious and he's intensive care.

"We're working altogether day and night by his bedside but it's far too early in terms of prognosis.

"His helmet did protect him."

Will it help that he was a sportsman?

"Well, that's possible, yes."

He adds: "We are in contact with the family - his family are by his bedside.

"We don't intend to carry out a second operation - we don't feel it's necessary at the moment."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... z2ox2uDgeM
"Fighting for his life ... the violence with which he hit ground, if he hadn't had a helmet, he wouldn't be here now."

Now the head of the hospital speaks: "I can't answer any technical questions.

"I'd like to thank them [colleagues].

"They are working hour by hour.

He says it's not that the doctors don't want to say anymore, it's that they can't say anymore at the moment.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... z2ox3qj7nA
More than a racing driver, he's a human being and I pray and wish for him the most speediest of recoveries.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve