2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
godlameroso

Re: 2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

Pup wrote:There's a lot on that display that doesn't seem very useful to drivers. I mean, do you really need to display RPM three different ways on one screen? And when is anyone going to look at those graphs? The drivers have much better displays available to them when they're in the pits.

I'm going to assume that the teams can customize it all though.

The lap counter is nice, and the last lap time.

A few things I think I'd like as a driver:

Laps remaining/laps until next pit stop
Target lap delta
Time to car ahead/behind
Tire temp

And a twitter feed, of course.
I don't understand why with all the money teams have do drivers not have HUD's in their helmets? You could simplify and make the steering wheels lighter at the same time. It's not like the technology is super brand new, it's actually pretty common. It's only natural as F1 is starting to outsource technology.
Saishū kōnā

Andres125sx

Re: 2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

godlameroso wrote:
Pup wrote:There's a lot on that display that doesn't seem very useful to drivers. I mean, do you really need to display RPM three different ways on one screen? And when is anyone going to look at those graphs? The drivers have much better displays available to them when they're in the pits.

I'm going to assume that the teams can customize it all though.

The lap counter is nice, and the last lap time.

A few things I think I'd like as a driver:

Laps remaining/laps until next pit stop
Target lap delta
Time to car ahead/behind
Tire temp

And a twitter feed, of course.
I don't understand why with all the money teams have do drivers not have HUD's in their helmets? You could simplify and make the steering wheels lighter at the same time. It's not like the technology is super brand new, it's actually pretty common. It's only natural as F1 is starting to outsource technology.
Weight, at 5-6Gs when braking or cornering any gramme on the helmet will have an impact on driver´s neck