f1scope - closer to the pit wall

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
misw74

f1scope - closer to the pit wall

I'm looking for your feedback for a tool I developed. The purpose of this app is to visualise the lap times so the situation during the GP can be easier interpreted/analysed. The website can be found at http://fonescope.appspot.com.

Cheers,
Michal

kalinka

Re: f1scope - closer to the pit wall

It's nice but it's too complicated. It lacks the initial purpose > I can't visualize the gaps and lap times easier. It has all the info you need, but it's too complex IMO. Some simpler graphics would do the job instead of the circle.
You did a great job though, it's just that I'm a software guy too, so that's my honest opinion..sorry :)

siskue2005

nice work

misw74

Thanks for the feedback. Hmm the gaps and the pace are visible on "clock", but the users are always right, so I need to look into it :-)

Cheers,
Michal

kalinka

You're right - it's visible - it just not eaiser than seeing a plain list with gaps in seconds - like we see sometimes in various motorsport event broadcasts. Maybe you should try a track layout instead of a "clock" ..just an idea.

misw74

BTW I have a new version and I'm still looking for the feedback.

New approach - static,
New visualization style
Same goal to distill F1 grand prix into readable picture.

Best Regards,
Michal