Azerbaijan? Really??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Re: Azerbaijan? Really??

Sorry to say this but....
Sorry to say I cannot say how wrong you are.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

PlatinumZealot

Andres125sx wrote:Some people looks like enjoying dangerous races with deaths. Morbidity has always been too common in us humans

I do prefer a safe race where those almostsuperhumans don´t risk their lifes unnecesarily, so I can see them performing for many years
Well, F1 drivers have been likened to gladiators. 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Andres125sx

WaikeCU wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
mrluke wrote:We are talking about 20 of the "best drivers in the world"
Sorry to say this but.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Put Michael Dunlop on a MotoGP or SBK bike, and I´ll bet a good amount of money he will be dead last

There´s a reason IoM winner never competed on any international series, that´s not a race for fastest riders in the world, but for the biggest balls or smallest heads/minds (not sure how do you say it in english), depending on how do you look at it

F1 is supposed to be about fastest drivers and cars, not about most risky competition like IoM is, so you´re comparing aples to oranges.
I think if you want to think it that way, then Hillclimbs would be the equivalent to the IoM of F1. Even though Baku is a street course, modifications have been applied for safety reasons. Barriers, fenes and such.
Probably, but as stated Hillclimb is way safer than IoM.

For that reason we´ve seen a competitive top driver there, even if it was after his retirement (Loeb), and he anihilated all records wich proves my point

There are competitive races and there are dangerous races, but there´s no competitve and dangerous race at same time in modern era

Andres125sx

Aral wrote:- This is an F1 forum and not a place for discussing IOM and Moto GP. Please stay on topic.

Big Mangalhit

Aral wrote:- This is a thread about F1 GP in Azerbaijan. Discussing IOM racers and MotoGP riders is not relevant to the thread. So, the post has been removed.

Cuky

T8-T11 complex photo from F1Fanatic

Andres125sx

hollus wrote:
notsofast wrote:
a1b2i3r45 wrote:I guess you are right, just found a simulated picture.

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigita ... igh.75.jpg
That balcony! How much would you pay to stand on that balcony?
If you have to ask for the price, then you can't afford it! ;-)
That balcony is too tight for me, I do prefer the castle :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

The wall of Journeymen. Who will crash into it? :D
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Roman

Cuky wrote:T8-T11 complex photo from F1Fanatic
The tower looks weirdly cut off on the left side...

Apart from that I am surprised there are no fences in front of the castle. But maybe its not completely finished yet...

Vasconia

That "castle section" looks great. It seems made for true men. Sadly Senna and Schumacher wont be here.

FW17

Baku is a film prop

How much is real?

WaikeCU

FW17 wrote:Baku is a film prop

How much is real?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkQ4-OWXEAAyHhZ.jpg
don't think that's the case. It's probably one of those historic buildings/architecture thats needs to be refurbished. Work probably starts around this period, so at the meantime they hang these graphical wallpapers in front of the building. I've seen it happen.

Manoah2u

FW17 wrote:Baku is a film prop

How much is real?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkQ4-OWXEAAyHhZ.jpg
lol that is hilariously false
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

piast9

I am not sure whether this is the case here, but I've seen many times the net put on the scaffolding with the image of the building after its renovation, especially in the old city centres and on historic buildings.

F1NAC

piast9 wrote:I am not sure whether this is the case here, but I've seen many times the net put on the scaffolding with the image of the building after its renovation, especially in the old city centres and on historic buildings.
This. Thats similar case here in my country where they're renovating an old cathedral Image