Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sieper

Re: Caption Competition

That is Joking man, like is this my good side, for a picture. Isn’t that the aim of this topic? I mean no Harm to Kubica at all and applaud him for his sportmanship.by the way, even If this is somehow then unacceptable (certainly not my intent) how can I remove now that you quoted it?

proteus

Sieper wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 20:44
That is Joking man, like is this my good side, for a picture. Isn’t that the aim of this topic? I mean no Harm to Kubica at all and applaud him for his sportmanship.by the way, even If this is somehow then unacceptable (certainly not my intent) how can I remove now that you quoted it?
I have posted it since i have red that the site was hacked. I dont feel the grudge against you either, its just that accidents can happen to anyone and the good arm joke is a bit harsh, atleast to me. I know i would hate it if i would have the injury.

I will take off my quote.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Sieper

Maybe I am off base? Not always the best at judging those things. I think I often choque people. But for me these kind of topics (caption) always should be to search for the edge, also Sting a bit. But I might be Going to far? Kubica is a great sportsman, I know how he lives for sport, and his skills are matching his attitude. It was a great shame for him to have the horrific accident, and a tastement to his guts to drive a rally car at that level next to his F1 career. I thought my post was acceptable in this topic and I apologize If I offended you (and others).

roon

Snorked wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 03:49

Ah, the good stuff. Can't get this in Formula E. Won't be around for long, either. Limited reserve. Banned in Bahrain, UAE, UK...

Ted68

Sieper wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:25
Maybe I am off base? Not always the best at judging those things. I think I often choque people. But for me these kind of topics (caption) always should be to search for the edge, also Sting a bit. But I might be Going to far? Kubica is a great sportsman, I know how he lives for sport, and his skills are matching his attitude. It was a great shame for him to have the horrific accident, and a tastement to his guts to drive a rally car at that level next to his F1 career. I thought my post was acceptable in this topic and I apologize If I offended you (and others).
It was funny. Welcome to the world of thin skins and political correctness.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

proteus

Ted68 wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 05:02
Sieper wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:25
It was funny. Welcome to the world of thin skins and political correctness.
Far from trying to be political correct, but disabilities, injuries and disease are the areas i draw the line.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

NathanOlder

So you won't allow a joke about Hitler then? Because by 1945 he had all 3 of those things you draw the line on.

I'm genuinely asking that question.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

turbof1

Sieper wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 20:38
Is this my good arm?
proteus wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 21:17
I have posted it since i have red that the site was hacked. I dont feel the grudge against you either, its just that accidents can happen to anyone and the good arm joke is a bit harsh, atleast to me. I know i would hate it if i would have the injury.

Well this is a tough one.

Given the context is very clear here, it being humor, you can go quite far with jokes. In this case it did went really far, with a joke about Kubica's handicap. I fully understand there will be people taking offense to that.

So you can see the ethical conundrum I am at here. At one side there should be the far stretching freedom of humor, on the other hand there are social boundaries where things do get a bit too shocking.

There is one way to actually solve this with most if not everybody happy. So here is my proposal: I will leave the joke standing, on the condition a small donation is being made to a certified support fund or group for people with a handicap. Proof of this is to be posted here. The name and/or other relevant personal information of the forum member is allowed to be crossed out. That way we can preserve that right for humor and still get a respectful ending to it.

To show good will, here is my donation:

I donated here to the King Baudouin Foundation, specifically making sure it went to kids with a disability.

You of course decide for yourself how much you want to donate. It doesn't really have to be 10 euro's, just something symbolic.
#AeroFrodo

Singabule

roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 04:09
Ah, the good stuff. Can't get this in Formula E. Won't be around for long, either. Limited reserve. Banned in Bahrain, UAE, UK...
This thing better than Chandon.. Cheers :mrgreen:

Sieper

turbof1 wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:58
Sieper wrote:
Is this my good arm?
proteus wrote:

Given the context is very clear here, it being humor, you can go quite far with jokes. In this case it did went really far, with a joke about Kubica's handicap. I fully understand there will be people taking offense to that.

So you can see the ethical conundrum I am at here. At one side there should be the far stretching freedom of humor, on the other hand there are social boundaries where things do get a bit too shocking.

There is one way to actually solve this with most if not everybody happy. So here is my proposal: I will leave the joke standing, on the condition a small donation is being made to a certified support fund or group for people with a handicap. Proof of this is to be posted here. The name and/or other relevant personal information of the forum member is allowed to be crossed out. That way we can preserve that right for humor and still get a respectful ending to it.

http://u.cubeupload.com/turbof1/donation.png

I donated here to the King Baudouin Foundation, specifically making sure it went to kids with a disability.

You of course decide for yourself how much you want to donate. It doesn't really have to be 10 euro's, just something symbolic.
That is a real good idea! You cannot always go around without consequence to your action. I made a small donation to “manege zonder drempels”. Here they volunteer to give people who cannot control their limbs anymore a horse ride (in a special carriage). My colleagues (young) daughter has a high spinal cord injury and She really enjoys being with the horses.

My computer skills are lacking, here a picture :oops: :oops:

https://ibb.co/Y3x2J4t
Last edited by Sieper on 01 Jul 2019, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.

turbof1

Sieper wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 18:11
turbof1 wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:58
Sieper wrote:
Is this my good arm?
proteus wrote:

http://u.cubeupload.com/turbof1/donation.png

That is a real good idea! You cannot always go around without consequence to your action. I made a small donation to “manege zonder drempels”. Here they volunteer to give people who cannot control their limbs anymore a horse ride (in a special carriage). My colleagues (young) daughter has a high spinal cord injury and She really enjoys being with the

My computer skills are lacking, here a picture :oops: :oops:

https://i.ibb.co/NsMxfgL/725-D8-BCD-9-F ... -C1532.jpg
=D> =D> =D>

See how we do things, folks? Respect for the joke and respect for the people making fun of, it actually can coincide!
#AeroFrodo

Steven
Owner

Snorked wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 03:49
I'm the tallest Japanese in F1, I'm the tallest Japanese in F1, I'm the tallest Japanese in F1, I'm the tallest Japanese in F1

marmer

Steven wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 19:51
I'm the tallest Japanese in F1, I'm the tallest Japanese in F1, I'm the tallest Japanese in F1, I'm the tallest Japanese in F1
I really think so. To the tune of turning Japanese by the vapors

marmer

F1 bosses come up with new idea to spice up racing by using old tyres to alter the apex of corners whenever they like. Although concerns that the tyres might not last the whole race if drivers push to much and might randomly explode. All adding to the fun I suppose

Big Tea

New breakthrough in carbon sequestration study.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.