Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Haas - American team in F1

"Romain, Esteban is faster than you."
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

"Romain, did you eat my big mack?
See me after the race."
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ferkan

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status ... 1363956736
The FIA Stewards have responded to the request for Mercedes for clarification of he rules concerning technical co-operation between teams, especially in respect of wind tunnel use.

The Mercedes submission was made in the light of widespread suspicions in the paddock that Ferrari has gained from its relationship with Haas F1. The new team is using the Maranello wind tunnel as it prepares for its entry in 2016. Signifcantly, today’s ruling will not apply retrospectively.
So FIA closed that loophole that allegedly Ferrari and Haas took advantage of. Little late if you ask me, they probably ran every chassis model for 2016/2017 they could think of already and gained huge advantage going to the next season.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SteveRacer

So Ferrari was able to use Haas as a loophole for extra time in the wind tunnel. Can this still happen with an existing team to a much smaller scale? For example, Mercedes/Williams will be supplying Manor with several parts next year. With Manor's limited resources I am not sure they could use all of their alloted wind tunnel time. Could Williams or Mercedes use it to their advantage next year as Ferrari has this year?

Racer X

I expect great things from the Ferrari Chasis next year and not to mention their aerodynamic package should be amazing.

With an engine that is able to keep up with Mercedes.... Well somehow keep up depending on how much Mercedes and Ferrari improve their respective engines. We could see Ferrari move up ahead or Atleast give Mercedes a stronger fight.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ