Good old days

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild

Good old days

I'm nostalgic today... :cry:

rmw_77

lets start an interesting debate, had Senna been alive what would of happened to Schumacher?

Would he of been 7 times world champ?

jgredline

rmw_77 wrote:lets start an interesting debate, had Senna been alive what would of happened to Schumacher?

Would he of been 7 times world champ?
if Senna were still alive today, Shumacher would have maybe 4 championships figuering that Senna would have taken the one by Jaques and the other one by Damon along with a few others. Senna would have had a total of about 8 or so.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Scuderia_Russ

Senna was sh!t scared of Schuey. This was proved by him pushing him off the road on occasion.

Spencifer_Murphy

LOL, Senna was not scared of schumi, but it is clear he had a full appriciation for Schumachers talent. One must remember that in 1994 the Williams, altough fast, was not reliable enough to finish races in the early part of the season, unfortunately Senna didnt live to see out the championship.

If senna had lived I believe:

94 - Senna
95 - Senna (assuming he stays at Williams)
96 - Senna (Assuming he doesnt retire)
97 - Senna
98 - Hakkinen (Senna retires end of 97 it a day & Williams is off the pace)
99 - Hakkinen
00 - Schumi
01 - Schumi
02 - Schumi
03 - Schumi
04 - Schumi
05 - Alonso

Either way, schumi equals fangio's record. But by that time Senna has already got 7 titles.

Maybe I'm wrong, unfortunately we'll never know. Maybe 7champs for Senna is a little unreal? But...Senna had three by the time of his death, schumi has 7. If Senna had lived its fair to assmune senna won at least two more and schumi not one maybe two. So then Schumi is 5times (as shown above) and Senna is 5times also.

The only reason I have put Senna to win seven is because I cant see Hill or Jacques beating him to a championship!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

joseff

But if Schumi didn't win 94 or 95, would Ferrari have hired him in 96? Eddie Irvine could've been world champ of 99 or 00.

It also would've been an easy 98 for Hakkinen, with no Schumacher at Ferrari to challenge him. Villeneuve beats Senna into retirement at Williams in 97. Of course, neither Williams driver won the title because they smash into each other at every opportunity. Patrick Head goes ballistic and sacked both drivers. Newey leaves Williams.

Both Villeneuve and Newey were recruited by Ferrari in 98, where they, along with Ross Brawn, rewrite F1 history.

Oh, the possibilities!

manchild

"Senna scared of Shuey" :roll: :roll: :roll: That's like saying that God could fear some priest :roll: :roll: :roll:

I agree that if Senna didn'd die, he'd won WDC in 94, 95, 96 and 97 and than withdraw. Not a slightest doubt about that.

BTW, if Schuey didn't steal Frentzen's girlfriend perhaps Frentzen would have been less depressed and won WDC in 2000. :lol:

DaveKillens

jgredline

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Senna was sh!t scared of Schuey. This was proved by him pushing him off the road on occasion.

LOL, You have got to be kidding. Oh my goodness. I can trully appreciate Shumacher and trully he is the last of the true racers that used to have shift gears manually etc, but lets get real. Scared of Shuey? LOL.
By the way is it not Shuey who ran people of the road one or twice?
To finish first, first you must finish.

m3_lover

Everybody in F1 always say that Senna pushed the boundaries of the car, no matter which one he had driven. he raised the bar.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Steven
Owner

Well thinking a little further... I Ayrton didn't die, he would have been in a very good position from 94 to 97.

What would have happened to F1 in that case? Schumacher didn't win a championship than during these years, and it would be very unlikely for Ferrari to then hire Schumacher and Byrne-Brawn from Benetton.

However, you can imagine Briatore not retiring from Benetton if his top engineers would still have been there and I'm not that sure if Williams would have had such an easy job with Benetton then ;)

I estimate Briatore highly, just like I do Ayrton. But during the years then the car became more and more important, and that's where Briatore had the chance.

I guess we'll never know :(

Scuderia_Russ

jgredline wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:Senna was sh!t scared of Schuey. This was proved by him pushing him off the road on occasion.

LOL, You have got to be kidding. Oh my goodness. I can trully appreciate Shumacher and trully he is the last of the true racers that used to have shift gears manually etc, but lets get real. Scared of Shuey? LOL.
By the way is it not Shuey who ran people of the road one or twice?
Everyone seems to forget that Senna was the master of punting people off the road. If you were paying attention during '92 you would have seen how much of a threat Schumacher was to a Senna in the twilight of his career. Senna do this and sometimes took drastic measures on the track to avoid getting upstaged by the young upstart. People also seem to forget that in '94 Schumacher was effectively not allowed to score points for three races being disqualified from Spa for an undersized plank after a spin and being banned for two grand prix as well. But anyway, there is absoloutely no point whatsoever saying 'what if' because there is simply no way of knowing is there. Anyway, Senna wasn't all that great in my eyes because he won all his championships in the best car, but on the other hand Schumacher doesn't have any competition these days where as Senna did. Prost was a bloody genius, Piquet was handy too when he was on top of his game. Where as Jaques, Mika and Damon were never able to mount consistent challenges over Schumachers career so far. There is still time for him to destroy these young guns as well because I hear he is about to sign a two year extension taking him to the end of '2008!

manchild

And than people say that I'm starting talk about Shuey for zillionth time? :roll:

All of the drivers have caused several accidents in their career, even the smoothest ones like Prost but comparing several incidents with what can already be found in F1 encyclopedias as "typical Schumacher move" is talking in the wind - History is written and what people did can't be erased not even for sake of cleaning dirt from 7 titles (actually trying to dig 7 trophies under the huge pile of dirt).

If Senna wasn’t scared from Prost, Piquet, Lauda, Mansell than saying that he was scared from Schuey is equal to saying that Prost, Piquet, Lauda, Mansell were woosies. :roll:

I really don’t understand why Schuey fans worldwide need to pick on Senna in order to justify Schuey’s on-track behavior? If they really believe that Schuey deserved all those titles than they should except that all unsporting moves he made during his career are his own moves, done by his free will without having anything to do with what Senna did.

Why am I replying? – Because for the sake of memory of late great driver whose name is being insulted for the purpose of glorifying dirtiest driver in history of F1.

Hate me if you like - I don’t care, just don't tell me that I started it again...

Scuderia_Russ

I'm just saying I don't believe that Senna is as great as everyone makes out because he always won in the best car. Have you ever heard Schuey whining because he wasn't on the other side of the grid?

DaveKillens

Great drivers earn great cars. Shu, Senna, even Gilles all started F1 in a car that they impressed everyone with and earned offers to better cars.
Senna is dead, we can only guess at "what if". I personally wonder what the records would have shown if Ronnie Peterson or Francois Cevert had not been killed.