Alonso / Coulthard incadent, Whose fault?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Whose fault

Poll ended at 12 Jul 2003, 03:31

Alonso
83%
Coulthard
17%

Total votes: 6

Mclaren11

Alonso / Coulthard incadent, Whose fault?

Personally I think that it was Alonso trying to get David spooked so that he could start to pull away from the mclaren

Re: Alonso / Coulthard incadent, Whose fault?

Mclaren11 wrote:Personally I think that it was Alonso trying to get David spooked so that he could start to pull away from the mclaren
David Coulthard

Steven
Owner

well I think both men were not very correct.

Alonso certainly braked a lot earlier than usual, which is in fact not normal knowing he should have defended his position because Coulthard was chasing him closely. Nontheless, he drove in the middle of the circuit to protect his position, but I thought that was very dangerous too.

On the other hand, I don't think david would have made the corner if Alonso braked correctly. He was driving so fast and close, and he later said he would have gone over Alonso in that lap. I'm not sure, but imho looking at the onboard cam, he was wanting it too much, and braked too late, way too late

Yann
Yann

Seriously, I think nobody have to be punished about Alonso/coulthard accident. Couthard could drive more slowly coming to the corner.

Monstrobolaxa

...simply just check the replays.....Coulthard spun at the 100m braking mark.....for that chicane you brake around 85 m before it!.....so....Alons braked VERY early