Alonso's Crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: Alonso's Crash

LOL; okay, better forget the horrors of the past.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Facts Only
Facts Only

"horrors of the past"

I've been chuckling for about 5 minutes at that.

I wouldn't really class "racing drivers has crash and gets slightly injured then fully recovers" as a horror of the past. I would reserves that sort of thing more for the Rwandan Genocide, the Haiti Earthquake or the Boxing Day Sunami.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

turbof1

I would neither call it "slighly injured". He did have to miss the opening round due the concussion.

But yeah, calling it horrors of the past is excagerated. Too much was made about it due the accident being in the wake of the Bianchi shock crash. Alonso fully recovered and there's simply nothing new on the subject.
#AeroFrodo

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

I would be tempted to call a 55 page thread about it a horror of the past.

Giblet
Giblet

This is the sort of thing I just let sit and wait until the correct autobiography is out.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

PlatinumZealot

Holy Crap snacks, Batman! This topic again?! Why, let's just revive McLaren 2007 while we're at it!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Andres125sx

Don´t you guys have some curiosity about this?

Really?

Supposedly there was a report in progress wich should explain the accident, but one year later we´re still waiting...

If you´re not interested and for you this is something of the past, what are you doing posting here?
But some of us are interested, and would like to hear/read some oficial explanation

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Sometimes it's best just to let go.

wesley123
wesley123

There isn't anything to be curious about. The season as a whole has shown very, very well that there was nothing wrong.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FrukostScones

wesley123 wrote:There isn't anything to be curious about. The season as a whole has shown very, very well that there was nothing wrong.
yeah, with him obviously. but the rest .... mystery.

Fox Mulder returned... and you know why.

but seriously, I didn't want to full y opne this topic again, but I still think the public was deceived.

wesley123
wesley123

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing what this "mistery" is.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Mesteño

Nice to see I supported the forum by creating this topic.

FrukostScones

I went up there, to turn three during testing this year and asked the marshalls what happened back then, but when they grasped what I was up to they pretended they couldn't speak English anymore and mumbled something like: Alonso will be driving at 14h and gave me thumps up. Yeah, sure I thought, that was what I was asking :wink: and gave thumps up too.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Wow. this thread again ?!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

FrukostScones wrote:
22 May 2017, 17:46
I went up there, to turn three during testing this year and asked the marshalls what happened back then, but when they grasped what I was up to they pretended they couldn't speak English anymore and mumbled something like: Alonso will be driving at 14h and gave me thumps up. Yeah, sure I thought, that was what I was asking :wink: and gave thumps up too.
LOL