Visting the 2015 Montreal Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
AudiSportB5S4
AudiSportB5S4

Visting the 2015 Montreal Grand Prix

Hi there

First time to this site, looks like a great place to pick up on some F1 knowledge before going to a race! I am heading to Montreal this year with a few buddies to see the race in June. Before I buy tickets, is it worth the +35 dollars to get seats in the "Popular" grandstand over regular admission? I have read that some tracks it isn't really worth it, but at others it makes more sense. This grandstand is nicely placed after the hairpin and where they'll be going WOT into that straight.

This will be my first time @ a formula race, I mostly go to Tudor United races and the gen admission there is all you need but I know this is different.

Thanks!

bdr529

Re: 2015 Montreal Grand Prix

Yes spend the extra $35 you can still walk around on friday and check out some of the general adm. spots. they fill up fast on sat /sunday, Also you should get a some what descent view of the hairpin from there, I sat across and down a little bit back in 1997,
your close to the track, you back onto the row basin, it's a good place to hang out relax have lunch, drink some beer

AudiSportB5S4
AudiSportB5S4

Awesome - that's what I was looking for. Thank you.

With grandstand tickets, are you still able to mosey around the gen admin area/paddock? I would imagine yes just from my experience with going to a few tracks.

Thanks again

dans79

it's an island so the track is pretty flat. unlike other tracks, it's pretty hard to get a good view from the general admission areas.
197 104 103 7

bdr529

you can go anywhere you want on the grounds, The pit lane is open to the public on thursday
and except for that the pits and the paddock area are off limits on less you have one of these
Last edited by bdr529 on 14 Apr 2015, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

bdr529

dans79 wrote:it's an island so the track is pretty flat. unlike other tracks, it's pretty hard to get a good view from the general admission areas.
Yes that is also an issue with general adm. though I think the over growth of the trees and bushes as taken away some of the best spots, from turn 4-6 on the inside of the track used to be a good spot, now I don't think you could see the track from there

AudiSportB5S4
AudiSportB5S4

dans79 wrote:it's an island so the track is pretty flat. unlike other tracks, it's pretty hard to get a good view from the general admission areas.
Great - thanks for that. Definitely will get the grandstand tix.

dans79

AudiSportB5S4 wrote:
Great - thanks for that. Definitely will get the grandstand tix.

This year friends and I got tickets for section 34 inside the hairpin, as you can see them entering and leaving the hairpin. Thus you get to see passes being set up.
197 104 103 7