Radio regs for 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CBeck113

Re: Radio regs for 2016

My personal opinion is that the drivers should be able to communicate freely to the pits, but the pits should only be able to communicate with the drivers though the pit boards. I would allow the teams to have a kill switch to avoid catastrophic damage to the car (three second warning on the steering wheel display that the switch was activated to get the car out of the way, additional signal to FiA to activate the virtual safety car). There is no other way to control or limit communications, and the helmuts would be cheaper without speakers (ok, that was a bit of sarcasm).
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

godlameroso

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-st ... ns-803101/

Too many reactionary rules, they never take the time to think things through.
Saishū kōnā

turbof1

Too much politics between the teeth. I really refuse to believe they cannot prohibit driver instructions how to race, but allow communication to avoid a race-terminal issue. They are throwing the good things out along the bad things.
#AeroFrodo

siskue2005

So no more radio communities ban!
They can speak whatever they want. Driver coaching is back

F1NAC

Its sad that two drivers needed to be penalised to change this rule

BanMeToo

This is dumb. The driver coaching ban was a very good thing. All subsequent bans were bad, yes, but no need to throw baby with the bathwater.

Webber2011

siskue2005 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoeAoAoWYAA6ago.jpg
All I can say is thank God for that !

This rule was only meant to stop driver coaching, that's it, that's all anyone was complaining about.
Instead it got to the stage of a drive through penalty for asking about a serious problem with the car.
Ridiculous !

It was making a mockery of the sport, and not only was it infuriating long time fans, it was taking a lot away from the spectacle.

I myself can't wait to hear more radio chatter, and look forward to once again reading the whole transcripts a few days later.

Stupid, stupid rule..................good riddance =D>

henry

Changing rules mid season is a nonsense.

The two title contenders have each been penalised by the radio regs rules in the first part of the season. If this turns out to be decisive in the championship race they, and their fans, will have every right to be unamused.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

basti313

Webber2011 wrote:
It was making a mockery of the sport, and not only was it infuriating long time fans, it was taking a lot away from the spectacle.
Driver coaching is making a mockery of the sport.

Journalists, drivers and race engineers were making a mockery of the radio ban. Button's penalty was made on purpose (coach him and bring him in one lap later), Rosberg's on a stupid question and stupid answer.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Webber2011

basti313 wrote:
Webber2011 wrote:
Driver coaching is making a mockery of the sport.

Journalists, drivers and race engineers were making a mockery of the radio ban. Button's penalty was made on purpose (coach him and bring him in one lap later), Rosberg's on a stupid question and stupid answer.
I'm no fan of Driver coaching, maybe I worded my post wrong ?
All this was meant to do was stop Driver coaching, and I was fine with that.

What we ended up with was a complete joke, and I'm happy we will hear more radio transmissions now it's been overturned.

SectorOne

I think it´s time FIA flushed out the old turds in the system. Get young people in who does not work in extremes.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

F1NAC

Didn't want to open new topic so I'll post it here.

Bernie wants to make all communications between teams and drivers available for fans but for reasonable price
Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone is reportedly planning to monetize fans' access to team radio communications in F1.

At the recent Strategy Group meeting, the controversial restrictions on radio communications between driver and team were dropped completely, with the FIA confirming that this was done "at the request of the teams and commercial rights holder."

Part of the deal is that messages that were kept private by the teams even before the radio clampdown was ever implemented will now be available to everyone.

The FIA said this is to provide improved content for fans and spectators.

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that Ecclestone plans to make available this full access to all the communications between cars and the pit wall to the public -- for a price to be determined.

Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said that he welcomes the moves to make all radio traffic available to the public.