Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Shrieker

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Gridlock wrote:I'm surprised how many people here have first-hand knowledge of people's private lives and personalities. Are there F1T parties I'm not being invited to?
Yes.

We don't like you.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ringo

I don't think Lewis has much more room for improvement in terms of driving. All that he can do to improve is to get on top of little technical changes like clutch settings.
He won more races in 2016 than his teammate, more poles, fastest laps etc.
Bottas will not be a challenge requiring lewis to up his game at all. In fact Hamilton will be more relaxed mentally as Bottas is cool customer and doesn't complain much.

The pattern i notice with Hamilton's career so far is that he crushes teammates for a few years, then the team goes and changes something, he has reliability issues or makes mistakes, and that's when he loses out to the other guy. So maybe he beats Bottas 2 years in a row, then Totto tips the scales for Bottas and Bottas beats lewis by 5 points in 2019. :)
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

AMG.Tzan wrote:http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/673 ... nt-of-2016
At last someone sets the record straight and says it as it is!! No more "oh what a brave decision to quit"
For me the brave decision would have been to stay on without Lewis having any issues!
Happy new year everyone
Finally out of thousands of articles, this one calls it like it is! Great stuff! =D>
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

lio007

PlatinumZealot wrote:
At last someone sets the record straight and says it as it is!! No more "oh what a brave decision to quit"
For me the brave decision would have been to stay on without Lewis having any issues!
Happy new year everyone
Finally out of thousands of articles, this one calls it like it is! Great stuff! =D>
Really? TBH I think that's a quite onesided unbalanced report. I'm neither a fan of ROS nor of HAM. But IMO this report is unfair.
Brave or not, silly or not, we should respect and accept his decision.

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Happy new year everyone
Agreed, totally nailed it!
"In downforce we trust"

6 of 12

djos wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Happy new year everyone
Agreed, totally nailed it!
Bearing in mind that the other party "saying it like it is" is Donald Trump, I believe we can agree the article is utter rubbish. I wonder why it is that all those HAM fans never mention how unlucky ROS was with failures in 2014 and 2015. Also, HAM-lovers should never ever be allowed to use the words "fair", "fairness" or "sportsmanship" because clearly Lewis is the least fair driver on the grid (possibly ever). Lewis crashed into Nico in Spain to end Nico's winning streak because he had no chance of ending it fairly. In Austria Lewis crashed into Nico like Schumacher did with Damon Hill, for which he was disqualified from the bloody cc, for crying ot loud, but then Nico gets the blame? C'mon! In 2015 Lewis pushed Nico off the track whenever it pleased him, never got any punishment. It is really a good guy v bad guy story with the good guy being in a bit of luck for a change.
And then, whenever british TV pundits see HAM do something unfair they say it is great racing and HAM supporters like to hear it - it is disgusting how unimpartial one can be.
Pulling out is the best ROS could do. The alternatives were either continue being bullied by an apparatus of HAM-lovers incl. pundits or pulling out after a decicive victory. Well done, Nico!
(btw: I'm a Ferrari fan first and a Kimi fan second, so I really couldn't be asked which of the Merc drivers I'd prefere beat the Ferraris)
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

GPR-A duplicate2

I think it's time we move on with Nico's episode. The guy took a decision to stop and though it was extremely surprising, but it is his life. Good for him and hope that decision is good for F1 too. Let the new year bring exciting to the show.

I have a feeling that we will miss him in Mercedes. Strangely, I feel happy for him now. A driver who was good enough to be a champion and got one. Good luck to him.

Let's roll into 2017.

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:I think it's time we move on with Nico's episode. The guy took a decision to stop and though it was extremely surprising, but it is his life. Good for him and hope that decision is good for F1 too. Let the new year bring exciting to the show.

I have a feeling that we will miss him in Mercedes. Strangely, I feel happy for him now. A driver who was good enough to be a champion and got one. Good luck to him.

Let's roll into 2017.
Your post is 1000 times better than this embarrasing "article" posted before.

Technically Mercedes will miss Nico as they have already stated. I hope Bottas(its about time to confirm him Mercedes, we already know it) can give some valuable insights about car´s performance.

FrukostScones

WEH to Sauber in 2017_Oficial.

sauce: autosport.com
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

PlatinumZealot

6 of 12 wrote:
Bearing in mind that the other party "saying it like it is" is Donald Trump, I believe we can agree the article is utter rubbish. I wonder why it is that all those HAM fans never mention how unlucky ROS was with failures in 2014 and 2015. Also, HAM-lovers should never ever be allowed to use the words "fair", "fairness" or "sportsmanship" because clearly
:shock:
Wow... that article sure touched a nerve didint it?

Isn't itabout how Nico's retirement is hypocrtically viewed? How all of a sudden you are taking about how disgustinlgy unfair Hamilton is?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

FrukostScones wrote:WEH to Sauber in 2017_Oficial.

I hope Guti gets a seat somehwere... Manor?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

FrukostScones

PlatinumZealot wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:WEH to Sauber in 2017_Oficial.

I hope Guti gets a seat somehwere... Manor?
there are rumors that there won't be Manor in 2017.

and if, then they will take the driver with the highest bid.

Sebastian Kettle

The only rumors I've read are those of Ron Dennis and Indonesia KFC take overs. Nothing to do with not being on the grid.

Any source to back up the rumors?

FrukostScones

Sebastian Kettle wrote:The only rumors I've read are those of Ron Dennis and Indonesia KFC take overs. Nothing to do with not being on the grid.

Any source to back up the rumors?
nope, only some fishy guy on autosport forums

RicME85

As I said previously, I don't buy this Manor not being around chat.
Fitzpatrick is clever enough to budget the team based not on beating Sauber but the minimum prize money, would of been madness to do otherwise, especially when bringing in the boffins they have.
Clearly coming last has put a spanner in the works with regards the investment but I don't believe it's terminal.