Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jolle

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

PlatinumZealot wrote:
6 of 12 wrote:
Bearing in mind that the other party "saying it like it is" is Donald Trump, I believe we can agree the article is utter rubbish. I wonder why it is that all those HAM fans never mention how unlucky ROS was with failures in 2014 and 2015. Also, HAM-lovers should never ever be allowed to use the words "fair", "fairness" or "sportsmanship" because clearly
:shock:
Wow... that article sure touched a nerve didint it?

Isn't itabout how Nico's retirement is hypocrtically viewed? How all of a sudden you are taking about how disgustinlgy unfair Hamilton is?
Yeah! Because everybody knows that ham is such a good driver-actor that he, looking like he was trying to avoid Nico, turned his car onto the grass in Spain, not touching him right away but put his car into a spin and hit him in the back when Nico braked. The naughty boy.

Manoah2u

i'll kick some, i actually agree completely with the article.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

6 of 12

Jolle wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
6 of 12 wrote:

:shock:
Wow... that article sure touched a nerve didint it?

Haha :D Yeah, you could say :D Sorry^^
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

RicME85

RicME85 wrote:As I said previously, I don't buy this Manor not being around chat.
Fitzpatrick is clever enough to budget the team based not on beating Sauber but the minimum prize money, would of been madness to do otherwise, especially when bringing in the boffins they have.
Clearly coming last has put a spanner in the works with regards the investment but I don't believe it's terminal.
Well blow me. Seems he was stupid, team in administration. What the hell have they been playing at signing all the behind the scenes talent when they had no income.
Sad day.

PlatinumZealot

Consortium of Asian investors ran out of time to do the deal. But who set the deadline? Asian regulators or English regulators?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

kptaylor

Wonder if they become cheaper in receivership? Also,can they void/renegotiate some contracts if they're in receivership? May just be a business move, hopefully.

Facts Only

Could be a crafty move, enter administration while the team is still operating. Debts are cleared, everything else is bought by the new owners no strings attached and the old owners walk free...

Or maybe... they actually don't want to accrue a load of new debt and a bailing while bills can just about be paid before the little people start getting shafted.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Gridlock

I just hope people got paid in December.

Edit - yes, according to SomersF1.

nokivasara

Hmm, no news from team Merc yet, is Williams holding on to Bottas after all???

NathanOlder

No. Will be confirmed this week.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Fulcrum

Welcome to Mercedes Heikki, I mean, Valtteri...

I wonder what the settlement was for Williams? I'm sure they're going to need that money soon, as I can't see their driver lineup doing fabulous things.

Gridlock

I'd imagine Paddy knows a bit about integrating a Merc lump into a quick car, so there's that. Doesn't strike me as a small information exchange, getting someone at his level.
Last edited by Gridlock on 16 Jan 2017, 18:37, edited 2 times in total.

iotar__

iotar__ wrote:- Cheap prediction: Bottas to Merc, Button to Williams
Mercedes had one real candidate and two pretended, surprisingly they chose the real one. So once again:
- words by Wolff about pretended candidates Alonso and Wehrlein are worthless, 1 or 12 months ago
- those selling them either professional liars or incompetent, Brundle: "I can't see any other option in the end than Mercedes putting Wehrlein in the car." http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3479 ... nly-option
- people buying it not very informed but at least they can vote on reality although not change, describe or predict it

The rest was the noise with the usual order:
- OMG who will it be, anyone since 'they all called'? No.
- Red Bull: we won't let our drivers go, no one asked them but they won't,
- 3 names and 3 team principals talking,
- Warmer phase. Williams won't release him, Williams would release him. Brundle must have fainted from shock :-)
- Red Bull: we won't let our remaining driver go (no one asked them) which means decisions is made
- Media: he's the only candidate. Really, why now and not 12 days/months ago? Easier and safer to work backwards.

notsofast

With all the telemetry that is available on F1 cars, I always wondered whether having an experienced driver really is as necessary as many on this forum always seem to suggest. Well, with Massa coming out of retirement to re-join Williams, the answer should be clear. Yes, having an experienced driver matters.

(Now on to the next question: why?)