who is leading the WDC at the summer shutdown?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

who is ahead in the WDC at the summer shutdown ?

hamilton is ahead , has the points on the board
58%
rosberg is ahead because he should be able to avoid penalties
5%
evenly balanced , a half season championship coming up
37%

Total votes: 19

lebesset

who is leading the WDC at the summer shutdown?

as we all know hamilton has 19 more points , but equally we know he has penalties to come
he can take a complete new power unit if I understand correctly meaning a pit lane start , however he also has 2 reprimands and I believe that one exceeding track limits can now give a ten place grid drop
on the other hand rosberg just has one reprimand

so who is really ahead ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Tim.Wright

Re: who is leading the WDC at the summer shutdown?

oh goodie another driver thread...
Not the engineer at Force India

nevill3

So Hamilton could take two engines at once just like McLaren did last year and start from the pit lane, which race would be the best to do this?

Starting from the pit lane would be preferable to starting 12th or 13th with the inevitable collisions that happen at the start of the race.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

bhall II

I think we should have a F1T, or GPT or whatever, meetup at Tim's house.

We can talk about our favorite drivers, braid each other's hair, have pillow fights, and eat too much chocolate!!!!!

WaikeCU

bhall II wrote:I think we should have a F1T, or GPT or whatever, meetup at Tim's house.

We can talk about our favorite drivers, braid each other's hair, have pillow fights, and eat too much chocolate!!!!!
Sleepover! :D
Last edited by WaikeCU on 03 Aug 2016, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

adrianjordan

I'm going with the person who has more points is leading....a revolutionary view I know....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

TAG

I make great smores.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dans79

I think it's split! Lewis will take his penalties at spa and only has to finish 7th to stay level with Nico.
197 104 103 7

Gaz.

nevill3 wrote:So Hamilton could take two engines at once just like McLaren did last year and start from the pit lane, which race would be the best to do this?

Starting from the pit lane would be preferable to starting 12th or 13th with the inevitable collisions that happen at the start of the race.
If he can take two PU's in one weekend, then Spa as the next two races are at Monza and Marina Bay and Spa allows the biggest advantage of tremendous amounts of downforce and available overtaking places. There is no point starting from the pitlane in Monza as the Manors are missiles on the straights and Marina Bay tends to have trains of cars throughout the field nullifying DRS and pit stop windows.

If he is only allowed on PU change and needs two for the season then the other good track would be Sepang for the same reasons as Spa.
Forza Jules

Jolle

The only thing that can keep Hamilton off his fourth title is two or three DNF's, his car in other words. The past 3,5 years he had no real threat from Rosberg whatsoever. He's even in much better shape point wise then 2014.

He got this one and he knows it.

PlatinumZealot

Rosberg has lost his way with the car in races. Cant see him winning this year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏