Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Livery thread again!

i don't think so, too yellow, too little orange.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ollandos

Manoah2u wrote:i don't think so, too yellow, too little orange.

yeah maybe replace the yellow with orange ...but similar concept ..with this silver matt metalic

PlatinumZealot

Add some luminosity to the orange and increase specular colour too to make it look more orange i guess.

It is. A loooong time since i used Maya. Engineering has turned me into a cold human being. Only 3D i do is CAD now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GTO99

:roll: :wtf:
I wouldn't even select those for a 6 yr old child's toy!

ollandos

GTO99 wrote:
:roll: :wtf:
I wouldn't even select those for a 6 yr old child's toy!

if they hire eddie jordan on paintjob department all this is favorite ....to be true also with heart attack episode for ron dennis

GTO99

Those are super realistic renderings. Did you also do the Renault render with the same background?
A slight critique... I don't think Honda would be happy with their name placement on the lower part of the side pod which is not at all prominent esp. in black lettering. I would remove the McLaren logo & sub in place with white lettering or swithch on to the engine cover & move Castrol on to the side pod.

Predator

Haven't seen this one before:

(apologies if it's been posted before)

Jolle

Predator wrote:Haven't seen this one before:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=590F9344

Looks like (actually most orange/black designs) like the spyker car from a decade ago. Not a good starting point.

I'm of the opinion that a brand like mclaren, that wants to portray itself as high-tech shouldn't do retro but be advanced. Also in there liveries.

Predator

Jolle wrote:
I'm of the opinion that a brand like mclaren, that wants to portray itself as high-tech shouldn't do retro but be advanced. Also in there liveries.
Their liveries the past two seasons have been retro though, based on the 90s Honda RC101 prototype. :wink:

rscsr

Predator wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Their liveries the past two seasons have been retro though, based on the 90s Honda RC101 prototype. :wink:
The paintjob they did the last 2 years looks to me like a HRT from 2010. Black with red highlights

GTO99

Predator wrote:Haven't seen this one before:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=590F9344

What's with all the orange liveries? Why are so many people expecting an orange car? Yes, I'm aware of the history of Bruce McLaren racing with orange cars and they had an orange test car in 2006 and they're now teasing us with orange text on their Twitter page and orange hexagons on their Richard Mille show car. However, I just don't believe they would want to look like an old Arrows or Spyker F1 car? That's just me. I could be wrong.

Eddie_Temple

Why are Mclaren fans so desperate for an orange livery? The funny thing is if it were to happen, within 2 years they'd be crying for something new.

I want to see Mclaren in something I've never seen before - they deserve a fresh start.
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Vegetabill

A bit of fun. Apologies if these were shared earlier in the thread.

https://drivetribe.com/p/L-qEj-deTSChb- ... xBqlQcSP5w

santos

Eddie_Temple wrote:Why are Mclaren fans so desperate for an orange livery? The funny thing is if it were to happen, within 2 years they'd be crying for something new.

I want to see Mclaren in something I've never seen before - they deserve a fresh start.
This...
It is a question that i already made. Some can say it's a historical color of the team, but how many cars were orange? Since i remember my self watching F1, Mclaren was white and red, silver chrome, grey...
I'm 35, Mclaren have 50 or 51, i've never seen a Mclaren with orange, so how historical is that?

bauc

Vegetabill wrote:A bit of fun. Apologies if these were shared earlier in the thread.

https://drivetribe.com/p/L-qEj-deTSChb- ... xBqlQcSP5w
Very Good Job, all of them look very good and cool
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg