Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Jolle

Re: Livery thread again!

I don't think Renault are going to sponsor McLaren... besides, Orange is nice, but also a bit too much retro for McLaren (they want to be a high tech company).

How about, to give Chandon a bit more "flair" and something F1 hasn't seen in a while: Black and gold?

Manoah2u

Jolle wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 20:06
I don't think Renault are going to sponsor McLaren... besides, Orange is nice, but also a bit too much retro for McLaren (they want to be a high tech company).

How about, to give Chandon a bit more "flair" and something F1 hasn't seen in a while: Black and gold?
:roll: what on earth are you talking about,

Mclaren is sporting orange already, it's their own heritage color,
and they are sporting the blue in the indycar series.
they have said they want to sport the indy livery in the 2018 season,
and since they are engaging a partnership with Renault, there will be guaranteed Renault on the sidepods.

and gold and black were just 2 years ago with Lotus, that refers back to the JPS times and was due to the GENii partnership. It would make -9000 sense for Mclaren to go gold and black at all, ever. :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Carrino

Hello, I did some Concept Liveries of Sahara Force India. I used blue instead of actual pink. Do you like that solution for 2018? Thanks in advance :)

https://twitter.com/VinCarrino
https://behance.net/Carrino

Manoah2u

I do quite like it, but Blue for BWT makes as much sense as Green would for Ferrari.
Pink is BWT's standard livery color and recognizes the brand, blue does not.

Nevertheless, it's nice to see alternative takes on existing 'liveries'.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

oh dear lord i just lost it seeing this

it even has golden wheels.....oh dear laaaaawwwddd

also

also

oh and

but rather 'Chrysler' instead of Maserati

this ain't bad at all either

f1316

The Ferrari’s so beautiful that I didn’t even notice the halo for quite a while! For absolute preference, I could do without the white bit on the roll hoop but if we ended up with anything like this I won’t be complaining! (As ever, the shade of red is my own personal hill to die on).

Stick a big ‘Fernando’ (rather than Kimi) on that McLaren and it would be rather nice (albeit too associated with West to ever actually happen).

f1316

If I were a formula one team, I’d probably do some surreptitious research on the sentiment these kind of livery mock-ups get on social media.

Ultimately, formula 1 is as much a marketing exercise as anything else for a number of teams, and it’s a quick win to gain positive sentiment for your brand by painting it in a way people like.

A lot of the time you hear team’s rejecting the idea of retro liveries because they’re backward looking and they want to face forward, but nostalgia plays extremely well - you see it used in marketing all the time and it’s a well used device - so I don’t see why it’s a problem (barring sponsorship issues etc.)

Manoah2u

i don't give 2 sh*ts for it being a christmas livery, but that being said, i really really like this livery combo and it remidns me a bit of HRT actually.

McHonda

I like the red and gold combination, I think that kind of colour scheme would look great on the grid.

Danger is of it looking like a special one-off Ferrari livery to mark something of course but I think you could avoid that.

McHonda

Oh and @carrino, I love the top one of the Force India's, great effort. It's a shame they can't move from pink for the above mentioned reasons as that combo looks great to me,

Also love the Haas and Sauber further down, the Sauber in particular.
Last edited by McHonda on 02 Jan 2018, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

mclaren111

Manoah2u wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 21:12
i don't give 2 sh*ts for it being a christmas livery, but that being said, i really really like this livery combo and it remidns me a bit of HRT actually.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DR5awdkX4AAPJrQ.jpg

Funny how taste differ !!!

I hate it !!!

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 00:19
oh dear lord i just lost it seeing this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ2zRl8WsAEhist.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ2zfyzWAAEPfb_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ2zX5sWkAA4Fju.jpg

it even has golden wheels.....oh dear laaaaawwwddd

Looks cheap and sleazy to me. Candy Red and a truncated horse on the back. Did someone call pimp my ride?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

joeyg02

Does anyone know where I could get a photoshop template for an F1 car so I could make my own livery concept? I've been a graphic artist for 20 years and I have some really great ideas but I haven't had any luck in finding a good template (i'd make my own but i'm not too good with lighting and shading). Anyway, if anyone reading has a .psd template or can direct me to where I could download one I would greatly appreciate it. I would prefer a side view of the car, but at this point i'd take whatever angle I can get.

Thanks for your time,
Joey Griffin
joeyg02@icloud.com
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

Noetiepoerker26

Perhaps you could contact e.g. Sean Bull, he probably has what you are looking for.
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.