Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

vantage87 wrote:
20 Jun 2017, 14:10
Renault Sport Formula One Team: Robert Kubica Test in Valencia ( official ;new a little longer version)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmxudI5OvzI
fantastic stuff. also, that 'Lotus' looks great in Yellow Renault Racing colours.

Also, i really miss the high noses, they looked great. I wonder if there is a possibility we're going to see a return to high-noses in a year of 2,3 hopefully. would look fantastic with the wide suspension and wide, low wings.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Henne wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 16:04
He could be on someone else's list :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... -2018-list
I would add "so far". Give him more test and if he delivers I am sure that Renault will think about it.

FW17

Some rumor that he would test for Renault at the Pirelli Test after the Hungarian GP

Also There's a rumor Kubica will be testing for Renault next week on Paul Ricard

Greg_OR

FW17 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 12:05
Some rumor that he would test for Renault at the Pirelli Test after the Hungarian GP

Also There's a rumor Kubica will be testing for Renault next week on Paul Ricard
Good "news", I hope his readiness will be officially confirmed by the end of the season.

vantage87

Q&A with Robert Kubica as Renault arranges second F1 test
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/1 ... nd-f1-test

So what is the next step - another test?

“For sure. I cannot step straight into racing F1. I won’t do it. It’d be crazy. If someone called me and asked me to race next week, I wouldn’t do it. It’s not because I don’t feel I’m capable of doing it; I just feel that I cannot rush. It would be a difficult call to say no, of course, but after the accident I worked a lot on my mental comfort, my mental zone, and these months have been the happiest months of my past six years. So I will like to let them go as long as possible, and jumping in too early would bring high risk that things could go wrong.
“If you asked me how much I was realistically thinking that coming back to F1 was possible, I would have put myself up to 10 or maximum 20 percent chance. Because the clock is running - not just the classification, but also getting older. F1 is going so fast that some people forget - not everyone, but some.

So before was 10 or 20 percent. Where is that figure now?

“Because I’m very realistic, and I’m keeping my feet on the ground, I’d put it at 80 or 90 percent.”

That’s a big jump!

“Yeah, it is. But you build up your own question marks, based on how you know yourself and your body, and then if you’d asked me about them after even the first run at Valencia, they were gone, gone, gone, gone. Then it becomes much easier than I thought. This gives you good confidence and puts you in a completely different level - of trying to have a better feeling in the car and better performance. Once my comfort, or let’s say limitation things, were gone in three laps, I could concentrate on trying to get back to the proper rhythm. I’m surprised how it felt; it felt for me like I hadn’t driven for one month, not six years.”

lawnmower

Robert will be faster than hulk if he goes back

adrianjordan

I have to hold my hand up and admit that I wasn't really much of a Kubica fan during his F1 stint, but like most people I was horrified by his accident.

That he is now back to a place where there is serious, realistic conversation about him making a return to F1 racing, I think that would be simply amazing and wish him every success!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

wickedz50

lawnmower wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 23:47
Robert will be faster than hulk if he goes back
Full respect and admiration for Robert Kubica. I wish he gets a chance to make his comeback and I hope he gets the accolades he deserves.

FW17

Why a partial season of F2 is not on the cards for 2017? He can always test F1 when called upon.

Is he not eligible for F2?

marmer

FW17 wrote:
05 Jul 2017, 08:39
Why a partial season of F2 is not on the cards for 2017? He can always test F1 when called upon.

Is he not eligible for F2?
from the f2 rule book

26.1 Each team must have nominated its two drivers to the Promoter at least 10 days prior to the
first Event, the Promoter will then publish a complete list.
Any driver who previously won the GP2 Series or FIA Formula 2 Championship or any driver
who completed a full season in the FIA Formula One World Championship will not be
permitted to enter the Championship.

http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/829

no its not possible

waynes

fingers crossed Renault dump Palmer and put Kubica in the car ASAP after this second test should he prove himself fit and capable enough again

FW17

vantage87

Renault has confirmed Robert Kubica will get a second test with the French outfit to assess if he is capable of making a Formula 1 comeback
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 1-comeback

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opini ... ubica-test
Mark Hughes
After his Valencia test, Kubica spent time with Renault’s chosen sports performance centre, where his physical and mental capabilities were tested extensively and could be compared to the database of current drivers. Following what is said to have been a highly favourable report from there to the team, the second test session was arranged – set for Wednesday of next week. Should this test go well, the first opportunity of having him test a current F1 Renault R 17 hybrid would be in the post-Hungarian Grand Prix test at Budapest.

Santozini

Excellent news!