Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
374
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by Manoah2u » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 pm

FW17 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 pm
marmer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40187018

he feels he has lost something

hope its not speed if it is i don't want him to come back and ruin the history by being average
Greatest article ever, its content is half a sentence from the driver. I cant believe someone gets paid for that.
There's a youtuber named IceJJfish that gets paid big money thanks to how popular his channel is. Go ahead and check it out. Thanks to guys like that, i can easily believe how people get paid for articles like that. Everybody's a blogger nowadays, and if you for some inexplicable reason get popular, no matter how big the pile of tripe is, big companies will actually contract and pay you.

Anyway, let's focus on one thing though;

"limited movement in his right arm" is reaaaallly, reaallllly open for huge interpretation 'flaws'.

For example, if he cant move his right arm behind his back, that means it's limited. but that does not mean he would have problems driving a f1 car in the end. media-wise, such a title reads a lot more positive for clicbait results, but that doesnt mean it's really an issue, even if it used to be at some point. I think the only absolute concern would be whether he's able to get out of an F1 car fast enough in the mandated time window. if he's able to achieve that, i don't think for a second he isn't capable of competitively race a F1 car.

As for believing he's better than Palmer: yes, from the get-go. a blind and deaf bat with rabies and his limbs tied behind his back, is able to drive better than Joylon.

Joylon has a promising career in F1 still though, a pundit for Sky Sports to replace that other has-been-that-never-actually-ever-was called Paul DiResta. Outside of that, he needs to be far away from the F1 paddock, preferably yesterday. Matter of fact, let's just not have him as a pundit either, as he has the charisma of a haystack. Well, that goes for DiResta too for that matter.

Anyway, despite all of that, i don't see him actually replacing Palmer, and that is most certainly and primarily down to moneyyyy. Even IF Kubica surely would bring interesting sponsors, Palmer's there for the same reason that other worthless piece of air pollution was in F1 called giedo vd garde. Hell, he'll probably end up like him @ Sauber in the end.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

ENGINE TUNER
4
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by ENGINE TUNER » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am

marmer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40187018

he feels he has lost something

hope its not speed if it is i don't want him to come back and ruin the history by being average
RK wasn't that much better than average(amongst the F1 drivers) when he was in F1, Heidfeld was better when they were teammates.

SR71
16
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by SR71 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:32 am

Manoah2u wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 pm
FW17 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 pm
marmer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40187018

he feels he has lost something

hope its not speed if it is i don't want him to come back and ruin the history by being average
Greatest article ever, its content is half a sentence from the driver. I cant believe someone gets paid for that.
There's a youtuber named IceJJfish that gets paid big money thanks to how popular his channel is. Go ahead and check it out. Thanks to guys like that, i can easily believe how people get paid for articles like that. Everybody's a blogger nowadays, and if you for some inexplicable reason get popular, no matter how big the pile of tripe is, big companies will actually contract and pay you.

Anyway, let's focus on one thing though;

"limited movement in his right arm" is reaaaallly, reaallllly open for huge interpretation 'flaws'.

For example, if he cant move his right arm behind his back, that means it's limited. but that does not mean he would have problems driving a f1 car in the end. media-wise, such a title reads a lot more positive for clicbait results, but that doesnt mean it's really an issue, even if it used to be at some point. I think the only absolute concern would be whether he's able to get out of an F1 car fast enough in the mandated time window. if he's able to achieve that, i don't think for a second he isn't capable of competitively race a F1 car.

As for believing he's better than Palmer: yes, from the get-go. a blind and deaf bat with rabies and his limbs tied behind his back, is able to drive better than Joylon.

Joylon has a promising career in F1 still though, a pundit for Sky Sports to replace that other has-been-that-never-actually-ever-was called Paul DiResta. Outside of that, he needs to be far away from the F1 paddock, preferably yesterday. Matter of fact, let's just not have him as a pundit either, as he has the charisma of a haystack. Well, that goes for DiResta too for that matter.

Anyway, despite all of that, i don't see him actually replacing Palmer, and that is most certainly and primarily down to moneyyyy. Even IF Kubica surely would bring interesting sponsors, Palmer's there for the same reason that other worthless piece of air pollution was in F1 called giedo vd garde. Hell, he'll probably end up like him @ Sauber in the end.

Totally agree with your opinion that Renault is desperate for money.

Makes total sense.

Thats why they won't bring in a driver that brings them more money in points than the 20m palmer brings.

We all know how much money 20m is to a manufacture after all.

marmer
30
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by marmer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:39 am

Paul looks like Sena compared to Palmer and I still think he would be better in the Williams than stroll.. he is also not bad on sky far better than brundle

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Manoah2u
374
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by Manoah2u » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am
marmer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40187018

he feels he has lost something

hope its not speed if it is i don't want him to come back and ruin the history by being average
RK wasn't that much better than average(amongst the F1 drivers) when he was in F1, Heidfeld was better when they were teammates.
Haterz gonna hate. RK not much better than average? He was reportedly in the run for a Ferrari race seat, he did outstanding with the BMW's , he drove his heart out, and gave Hammy runs for his money. 'better than average'.

Do or did you even watch F1? and Really HEIDFELD better? that's all the credibility in that post right out of the window. #-o
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

Greg_OR
11
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Wroclaw, Poland

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by Greg_OR » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 am

marmer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40187018

he feels he has lost something

hope its not speed if it is i don't want him to come back and ruin the history by being average
As one of those hardcore fans of RK who supported him for all this long 6 years, I can assure you that the only thing he lost is great career and probably some titles, and this is the true meaning of his words.
RK: "I am proud with what I achieved today, but also it shows what I have lost." - with his mentality, if he said he is proud of himself - that means that results of the test was above expectations.
Alan Permane, who as far as I know, is not keen on praising drivers, said:
"We tried to condense a Grand Prix weekend into one day, which was interesting for him. Robert has changed a little, he is more mellow and he wasn’t as pushy when asking for every detail about the set-up of the car! His comments and feedback, however, were like turning the clock back for all of us. It is a tricky thing to jump into an F1 car after six years and it was a great performance from him." https://www.renaultsport.com/Robert-Kub ... encia.html
Robert is a personality who once infected the Enstone team with his motivation and passion, and this factor of his presence can be equally important to his outstanding capabilities as a driver.
And to fill his record - in recent years he did hard work also in simulators (for Merc, Renault and Dallara) and always was competitive in comparison to regular F1 drivers.
Fans community is crazy happy about all that test and our wishfull thinking puts him into Friday practice ASAP and with this guy miracles are nothing special ;)

Raleigh
61
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by Raleigh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 am

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am

RK wasn't that much better than average(amongst the F1 drivers) when he was in F1, Heidfeld was better when they were teammates.
Heidfeld was no slouch, he easily beat both Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa when they made their debuts alongside him (in Heidfeld's 2nd and 3rd seasons respectively), that he could do the same in Robert's first 1/2 + full season in F1 is not a surprise.

And yet in 2008 it was Kubica who made the championship challenge, a challenge which might have paid off if BMW Sauber hadn't unceremoniously dropped development halfway through the season (and with Kubica leading Hamilton in the standings) to concentrate on 2009.

ENGINE TUNER
4
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by ENGINE TUNER » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Manoah2u wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am
marmer wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40187018

he feels he has lost something

hope its not speed if it is i don't want him to come back and ruin the history by being average
RK wasn't that much better than average(amongst the F1 drivers) when he was in F1, Heidfeld was better when they were teammates.
Haterz gonna hate. RK not much better than average? He was reportedly in the run for a Ferrari race seat, he did outstanding with the BMW's , he drove his heart out, and gave Hammy runs for his money. 'better than average'.

Do or did you even watch F1? and Really HEIDFELD better? that's all the credibility in that post right out of the window. #-o
Who had more points during the time they were teammates? Isn't that generally th measure of who was better around here? The answer is Heidfeld scored more points during the time they were teammates. Did you watch the races?

ENGINE TUNER
4
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by ENGINE TUNER » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 am
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am

RK wasn't that much better than average(amongst the F1 drivers) when he was in F1, Heidfeld was better when they were teammates.
Heidfeld was no slouch, he easily beat both Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa when they made their debuts alongside him (in Heidfeld's 2nd and 3rd seasons respectively), that he could do the same in Robert's first 1/2 + full season in F1 is not a surprise.

And yet in 2008 it was Kubica who made the championship challenge, a challenge which might have paid off if BMW Sauber hadn't unceremoniously dropped development halfway through the season (and with Kubica leading Hamilton in the standings) to concentrate on 2009.
Heidfeld was indeed underrated, but Kubica had as much as a championship chance in 2008 as either of the red bull drivers has this year, only his fanatics thought he actually had a chance.

Raleigh
61
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by Raleigh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Not so much, I mean Button outscored Hamilton over the three years they were together, but most people would rate Lewis over Jenson.

Kubica started out as a rookie vs a fast driver in his 6th F1 season, he gave a very creditable performance in 2006/2007 before beating Heidfeld in 2008.

Also, I haven't seen either of the Red Bull drivers leading the championship or winning races this year.

Vasconia
39
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Basque Country

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by Vasconia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 pm

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:40 pm
Raleigh wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 am
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 am

RK wasn't that much better than average(amongst the F1 drivers) when he was in F1, Heidfeld was better when they were teammates.
Heidfeld was no slouch, he easily beat both Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa when they made their debuts alongside him (in Heidfeld's 2nd and 3rd seasons respectively), that he could do the same in Robert's first 1/2 + full season in F1 is not a surprise.

And yet in 2008 it was Kubica who made the championship challenge, a challenge which might have paid off if BMW Sauber hadn't unceremoniously dropped development halfway through the season (and with Kubica leading Hamilton in the standings) to concentrate on 2009.
Heidfeld was indeed underrated, but Kubica had as much as a championship chance in 2008 as either of the red bull drivers has this year, only his fanatics thought he actually had a chance.
Well, after the ninth race(half of the season) the stuation was this one:

Points

1 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton 48
2 Brazil Felipe Massa 48
3 Finland Kimi Räikkönen 48
4 Poland Robert Kubica 46
5 Germany Nick Heidfeld 36

So yes, he had at least a chance of winning the championship. After the summer break the performance was much worse, though.

ENGINE TUNER
4
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by ENGINE TUNER » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:22 pm
Not so much, I mean Button outscored Hamilton over the three years they were together, but most people would rate Lewis over Jenson.

Kubica started out as a rookie vs a fast driver in his 6th F1 season, he gave a very creditable performance in 2006/2007 before beating Heidfeld in 2008.

Also, I haven't seen either of the Red Bull drivers leading the championship or winning races this year.

Agreed on all points, but around here they quote point totals as if they were the 10 commandments. Regardless of the points, after the watching the races I concluded that Heidfeld was the better driver, even after 2008. But I can understand how others see it differently. I saw nothing outstanding from RK, some of his fans do, oh well, maybe if he didn't crash so much in rally he could have proved me wrong.

WaikeCU
71
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by WaikeCU » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 pm

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 pm
Raleigh wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:22 pm
Not so much, I mean Button outscored Hamilton over the three years they were together, but most people would rate Lewis over Jenson.

Kubica started out as a rookie vs a fast driver in his 6th F1 season, he gave a very creditable performance in 2006/2007 before beating Heidfeld in 2008.

Also, I haven't seen either of the Red Bull drivers leading the championship or winning races this year.

Agreed on all points, but around here they quote point totals as if they were the 10 commandments. Regardless of the points, after the watching the races I concluded that Heidfeld was the better driver, even after 2008. But I can understand how others see it differently. I saw nothing outstanding from RK, some of his fans do, oh well, maybe if he didn't crash so much in rally he could have proved me wrong.
Monaco 2010. That was just magical what he did with that Renault. I could recall that weekend watching it on tele. That bright yellow Renault with the black helmet attacking the streets absolutely on the limit. It wasn't because of certain track conditions. It was pure skill. Quicker than the Ferrari's and Mclaren's driving the 5th fastest car. That for me was something special.

zonk
108
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by zonk » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 pm


ESPImperium
117
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Post by ESPImperium » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 pm

I can see him back in F1 sooner than later, i can see him do another E20 test in the next few months, up against someone who has recently finished in F1 in the past two years, someone like a Maldonado or Nasr, someone who may not have the best of skillsets on the time sheet side of things, but someone who has recent GP experience and can compare to data Renault have on drivers, or do they do a 3 day teat again at say Imola or Magney Cours with Sirokin getting a day and a half, then Nico Hulkenberg gets a afternoon to compare Kubica to for up to date comparisons.

Ill say that Palmers seat will be a direct shoot out between a cheap Kubica or a expensive Alonso as Renault will be looking towards a fast second driver on their quest even more points for rebuilding their team. Id even put a wildcard Buemi in there too as they may replace Palmer with Buemi mid season.