The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
basti313

Re: The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

ringo wrote: Hamilton unreliable 2016 season was more dominant than Nico's best ever. 8)
If I see it correctly, except for Malaysia (DNF and crash) and Spain (both crashing stupidly) the Merc car won every race this season. For me it is a bit strange to discuss driver dominance with this stats...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Vasconia

Tim.Wright wrote:I once did a test with a massive hangover and wanted to stop after an hour. And I was only working as a data engineer...
If you have a massive hangover just breathing can be be painful. :mrgreen:

As I have read Lewis had an epic night so I guess you are right, his hangover must be a bad one.

TAG

bhall II wrote:Since points don't matter, does that mean I can award the title to six-time World Champion Fernando Alonso?
That's exactly what Alonso would say! It would be in his contract.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Shrieker

Restomaniac wrote: IMHO Senna would have brake tested Rosberg in a 'hit me or stop on track' move and dealt with the consequences later.
I wish Hamilton had done this. All the a$$holes here would then at least have a valid reason to bring their puke to the forum.

Kudos to Hamilton tho for playing it fair, despite the loss.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

tomazy

I don't know if this had been thrown in here jet or not, but if Rosberg is not a deserving WDC in 2016 becouse he had less DNFs (1 to 2,) and less wins than Hamilton (9 to 10), does this mean that Hamilton is not a deserving WDC in 2008 becouse he had less DNFs (1 to 3) and less wins than Massa (5 to 6)?

GPR-A duplicate2

tomazy wrote:I don't know if this had been thrown in here jet or not, but if Rosberg is not a deserving WDC in 2016 becouse he had less DNFs (1 to 2,) and less wins than Hamilton (9 to 10), does this mean that Hamilton is not a deserving WDC in 2008 becouse he had less DNFs (1 to 3) and less wins than Massa (5 to 6)?
I don't think people are getting it. When two drivers from different teams compete, with two vastly different cars, built with varying strengths and weaknesses and when failures occur, those are not comparable to what we have seen this year. Two different teams push the development in variety of different directions and their performance would be coming at the cost of some sort of risk and compromise, which might result in mechanical failure. In this case, a car might be slightly slower (like that of Ferrari in Alonso's time), but has great reliability record. Whereas a car might be very fast (like that of Vettel's RBs), but very fragile.

The case with Mercedes is, the same car built with same DNA, produces a host of reliability issues on one car and is bullet proof on the other and that is what becomes differentiating factor between team mates winning or losing the championship. Here the reliability issues becomes prime parameter.

SR71

GPR-A wrote:
tomazy wrote:I don't know if this had been thrown in here jet or not, but if Rosberg is not a deserving WDC in 2016 becouse he had less DNFs (1 to 2,) and less wins than Hamilton (9 to 10), does this mean that Hamilton is not a deserving WDC in 2008 becouse he had less DNFs (1 to 3) and less wins than Massa (5 to 6)?
I don't think people are getting it. When two drivers from different teams compete, with two vastly different cars, built with varying strengths and weaknesses and when failures occur, those are not comparable to what we have seen this year. Two different teams push the development in variety of different directions and their performance would be coming at the cost of some sort of risk and compromise, which might result in mechanical failure. In this case, a car might be slightly slower (like that of Ferrari in Alonso's time), but has great reliability record. Whereas a car might be very fast (like that of Vettel's RBs), but very fragile.

The case with Mercedes is, the same car built with same DNA, produces a host of reliability issues on one car and is bullet proof on the other and that is what becomes differentiating factor between team mates winning or losing the championship. Here the reliability issues becomes prime parameter.

Hamilton lost because he left points on the table.

dans79

SR71 wrote: Hamilton lost because he left points on the table.
And the only reason Nico won, was because Lewis suffered, a lot more unreliability. Would you like to go another round, because I can do this all day?
197 104 103 7

basti313

dans79 wrote: I can do this all day?
I bet you can. Would be great if Ham would have the stamina of his fans. :D
Don`t russel the hamster!

turbof1

basti313 wrote:
Oh damn. That's gonna sting for days.
#AeroFrodo

dans79

basti313 wrote:
At this point I would say the average post in this thread is more about the fanbase of the other driver, than the actual drivers.
197 104 103 7

AMG.Tzan

SR71 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:

Hamilton lost because he left points on the table.
Where exactly? Maybe Singapore and Baku was where he left points on the table...still Singapore problems in practise 2, Baku problems with engine setting in the race!! Rosberg left way more points on the table because of his own inability to drive in the wet...Monaco is a great example where he even lost a place on the last corner of the last lap! And i am really surprised how he didn't get lost again in Brazil...he was a bit lucky again with all the stupid things Red Bull was trying! Austria is another great example of Nicola losing points because of his own inability...had he left space for his teammate (as in Spain) he would have at least finished 2nd if not 1st!
And on a side note i didn't see Mercedes implenting any penalty on Nicola because in both Austria and Spain he didn't leave enough space for his teammate...where both accidents resulted in the team losing two 1-2 finishes when the championship was all alive in the middle of the season! Yet they were annoyed when Hamilton slowed down enough for the others to catch Rsoberg without even brake testing him, in the last race of the season while gunning for an almost impossible title!! The space was there for Nicola but...yet another example of Rosberg's inability against Hamilton! Oh yeah it was so easy for Lewis to do this kind of thing in this track for half the race but...i am pretty sure had it been the other way around Hamilton would have passed Rosberg as we have seen so many times since 2014! :wink:

P.S. Hamilton was voted best driver of 2016 by the team bosses...no Verstappen no Rosberg...maybe they know a bit more Formula 1 than us in here and more than some others out there like M.Brundle and Sir Jackie Stewart for example who were straight to show the world how much Rosberg did this year and how much of a naughty boy Hamilton is for trying every last bit to win a WDC! =D>
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

dans79

turbof1 wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Oh damn. That's gonna sting for days.
I have a funny response for basti313 post, but I don't think it would be appropriate for the forum if you know what I mean!
197 104 103 7

AMG.Tzan

"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

henra

dans79 wrote:
SR71 wrote: And the only reason Nico won, was because Lewis suffered, a lot more unreliability. Would you like to go another round, because I can do this all day?
Aaawwww, come on guys....
Page 27 and you still haven't got over it.
Just in case you all didn't notice: The season is over, Championship is decided and nothing's gonna change that.
It is Nico Rosberg (Arrrggghhh, I really tried but I couldn't resist :twisted: )

I have to violently agree @Basti's point point about Stamina :mrgreen: