The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ClarkBT11

Re: The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

It's a broken violin that's been playing two thirds of the season. I wish we were using the same regulations next year we might of actually seen at least two teams competing for the title and not this soap championship were watching at this point in time. But there is one thing that will be a positive about next year... Drum roll ... We're going to be able to read and write about new technical aspects of the cars, innovations etc.(what I used to come here for) Instead of playing a game of trumps over are favourite drivers.

( I hate the word fanboy's its not your fault your passionate about a driver be it because of his nationality or you admire his skill. get a grip and stop hating we're not in primary school anymore.)

AMG.Tzan

This kind of thread without iotar_GP arguments in favor of Rosberg just sucks!! :lol:
Just joking... :D
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Pierce89

GPR-A wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:Can it be both? And It bothers me only as much as anyone wishing for someone's hopes and dreams to be crushed, in the worst possible way, on live broadcast, would bother me. Particularly when you say you're ambivalent. I mean, it certainly seems like you really hate the guy.
I would like to believe you are quite new here and haven't read how people, on every single race thread, were putting out their weird fantasies and wanted to see Lewis crash out every single race. Wish you were born in here a while earlier and expressed your amazing thoughts. I appreciate your thoughts. :|
Can you really post an example of this? I just find it hard to believe as this forum is normally on the friendly and polite end of the spectrum.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

basti313

Pierce89 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:Can it be both? And It bothers me only as much as anyone wishing for someone's hopes and dreams to be crushed, in the worst possible way, on live broadcast, would bother me. Particularly when you say you're ambivalent. I mean, it certainly seems like you really hate the guy.
I would like to believe you are quite new here and haven't read how people, on every single race thread, were putting out their weird fantasies and wanted to see Lewis crash out every single race. Wish you were born in here a while earlier and expressed your amazing thoughts. I appreciate your thoughts. :|
Can you really post an example of this? I just find it hard to believe as this forum is normally on the friendly and polite end of the spectrum.
You are discussing with someone who just joined the forums to rant about Rosberg after the Spa crash. This is exactely not the spectrum of this forums, so do not expect the usual discussion.
zac510 wrote:I want to participate in this topic but I'm having trouble developing the narrow minded, emotional commitment to any single driver. I don't follow football so I don't have any prior experience. Does anybody have any advice for me?
If you do not start your forums live with posts like "Hamilton will rule over all, it is just the beginning.", you will never feel comfortable with this.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Vasconia

djos wrote:
All good. 8)

Edit: I really wanted to like Nico, his dad is still a dead set legend in my books but Nico just hasn't done anything other than be a good corporate drone.
I agree with the fact that Nico has not the charm of other drivers. I am not a fan of him, but all the drivers deserve some support hehe. 8)

Juzh

Merc has got such an advantage rosberg will be easy sailing tomorrow all day long.

TAG

Juzh wrote:Merc has got such an advantage rosberg will be easy sailing tomorrow all day long.
Rosberg didn't even need to save his engine during Q3 as drastically as he did today, master at car management that guy is. :mrgreen:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Vasconia

Juzh wrote:Merc has got such an advantage rosberg will be easy sailing tomorrow all day long.
Let´s see what happens with the first corner!!

And both Rb have a different strategy, I dont see it that easy.

Formula Wrong

Vasconia wrote:

If RB's strategy works and one of them turns out to be in front, it won't be easy indeed - especially for Hamilton, however. If he doesn't finish 1st but 2nd, Rosberg only has to finish 6th to be WDC.
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

SR71

I don't buy that Lewis doesn't have more HP available on his PU.

Why would Mercedes equalize that? Lewis took the pain when he took grid penalties, it's only fair he has the HP advantage a fresh PU provides.

Given that, it's fair to say Nico had a perfect qualifying session and finishing second is essentially a perfect result.

GPR-A duplicate2

basti313 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:I would like to believe you are quite new here and haven't read how people, on every single race thread, were putting out their weird fantasies and wanted to see Lewis crash out every single race. Wish you were born in here a while earlier and expressed your amazing thoughts. I appreciate your thoughts. :|
You are discussing with someone who just joined the forums to rant about Rosberg after the Spa crash. This is exactely not the spectrum of this forums, so do not expect the usual discussion.
The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance. Stereotyping people is another and looking through my posts to simply select what suits your view, could also be one. You can decide for yourself.

I was collecting the data to put here about how much people were fantasizing about a failure for Lewis in a number of race, since 2014. But presuming that Mr. Basti313 has looked through my posts to brand me, whatever, may I also ask him to do that favor?

ChrisDanger

GPR-A wrote:The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance.
This is funny, since you did the same thing to myself and TAG. Only when he asked me if his comment bothered me did I bring this up, basically saying "only as much as anyone wishing harm on someone else would bother me." (In other words, only a very little, really.) Yet this was somehow seen as the central argument, by those jumping in without adding anything to the original argument, which was claiming ambivalence yet hating on one side of the garage.

GPR-A duplicate2

ChrisDanger wrote:
GPR-A wrote:The urge to simply jump-in without adding anything to the argument, could potentially be of a type of psychological disturbance.
This is funny, since you did the same thing to myself and TAG. Only when he asked me if his comment bothered me did I bring this up, basically saying "only as much as anyone wishing harm on someone else would bother me." (In other words, only a very little, really.) Yet this was somehow seen as the central argument, by those jumping in without adding anything to the original argument, which was claiming ambivalence yet hating on one side of the garage.
No. When you said it bothers you to see someone's dream crash because someone here was wishing for it, I just told you to look at the instances where similar posts related to another driver. What basti did was just stupid and irrelevant, trying to push aside a legitimate question by pierce by telling him not expect an answer on these forums and stereotyping me.

"You are discussing with someone who just joined the forums to rant about Rosberg after the Spa crash. This is exactely not the spectrum of this forums, so do not expect the usual discussion."

ChrisDanger

GPR-A wrote:No. When you said it bothers you to see someone's dream crash because someone here was wishing for it, I just told you to look at the instances where similar posts related to another driver.
That's not what I said though. But anyway...

Juzh

Vasconia wrote:

Even if 1 or 2 cars jump rosberg at the start, he will eventually get up to at least 3rd position. Easy to do when you have 0.8s advantage on the rest of the field.