who would you like to be champ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

who would you like to be champ?

now that the season slowly comes to a close, more and more people don't have anymore chance to go for the title.

But what I see happening I like, a lot! Juan Pablo has finally found himself, after last year, where I must admit he made a little too much mistakes. But let us not forget he had to learn a lot about F1, and second years of a driver are usually better than firsts (of course!)

So... who'll be champ I don't know, but I would certainly like Montoya to be the champion. at least for all the people that still have a chance to become one.

Who would you all like to see win. Actually I'm getting tired of Schumacher winning the championship, it's time for other people 8)

Thupa
Thupa

Definately.

I'm not a great fan of F1 team Ferrari, but I'm a big fan of Ferrari roadcars like the Enzo!!

I'm not a fan of a team supporting only one driver, having the second driver only to help the first. Just take a look at the second driver at Ferrari, he has so far been suffering from very odd early-season retirements. Even if the second driver is there only to help the first driver, I don't think it's fair... it's just that.
I would like to see anyone but Michael Schumacher win this years title. :|

akbar21881

I think michael schumacher will marginally win the title. Why? Coz i'm his fans since his Benetton years, all his agressive and defensive driving make me love him even more. Hopefully Rubens will play second fiddle from now on coz the championship is a bit tight.

Monstrobolaxa

MONTOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hehheheeh

SpeedTech

...mmmmmm....now with the championship nearing to an end the points being so close 8) the WDC get's even more interesting.

GO MONTOYA!!!! :wink: :P :lol:

But in the WCC :roll: :lol: GO FERRARI :lol: :lol:

juanKarlosL
juanKarlosL

I'll go for JPM

(I'll try to be inpartial as I am from Colombia and JPM is the first important racer in F1); but from my point of view I think F1 needs more racers to be involved (not only M.Schum.) I've been trying to convince my friends about how exciting the F1 is and they always say that it is boring because M.S. sooner or later is going to win. I think that if this year even JPM or KR wins, the F1 will get the importance that it deserves. Alonso showed that another team will added to the favourite teams for the next year. I dont want to look disrespectful but I would like to listen different national anthems in the podium. ( I'd really love to listen the Colmbian one very often :wink: at least for one year, or the spanish one).

akbar21881

championship battle this year:
michael schumacher VS juan pablo montoya. and the winner is michelin and new rules.

ideal race from my point of view:
the race that invloves a lot of overtaking,wheel to wheel battle,accident,brushing bodywork and excellent pitstop and the eventual winner is M Schumacher.But this dream race was long gone already.(Sigh..)

Steven
Owner

yeah! especially that winning of schumacher, after being lapped :lol:

akbar21881

yeah...so hard to accept. btw why there is 3 weeks gap again? isn't it only once in a season but this season two break!! judging by the closeness of competition now, F1 should be once a week!!!!!anyone agree with me?

Steven
Owner

that is because spa was on the provisional calendar, and was left out because of the tobacco regulations.
but: YEAH : Grand Prix of my country will be back ;) better than ever

about once a week... well in that case I would need some help here with this site :lol: . Apart from that... I think a constant 2 week break is fine.

Mclaren11

You are all fools!!! Kimi Raikkonen is going too win the Championship.
There are more than 40 lego's for every person on the planet.

Yeah I am new here but I go for Kimi !! why ? well would be nice to see a change at the top, even though M.S. is probably THE best driver in the current era.......

F1JagFan

Coulthard will win.....well mathematically its possible!

Now that I have your attention, the worst thing that could happen for this sport is Shumacher winning again, and it looks as tho this won't happen. This sport needs, feeds on suspense, drama, and we couldn't have a different season compared to last year. Schumacher is sensational - no question. But it looks as tho the technical or mechanical side of the sport is illustrating that he is not so far ahead of the others, if at all. Godspeed Montoya - what a great driver - and all the other challengers. I can't wait for next year when I'm sure there will be an even closer year (Alonso with a more powerdul powerplant - i hope - Raikkonen with even more street sense, Montoya, Ralf, et al, and of course Webber - go Mark - if only the Jaguar (Ford) budget will stretch).

As for this year - Juan Pablo - great name - great driver - great car - great tyres

Beostar

I have to agree with akbar21881. Especially about his dream race :)

I hope/think MS will win it. After all he's a LOT more expieranced in taking the battle to the final race. :) But thats just the talk of a Ferrari Fan.
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

drspeed

I'm betting on JPM-WilliamsF1BMW-Michelin to become champions this year.

But dont leave out Kimi Raikkonen whose only 2 points behind the leader. Infact, it's astonishing to see him be there despite the fact that it's his 3rd year in F1. The 3rd year in major motor racing without racing anything before than karts! Montoya was champion for CART in America, and Schumi raced in formula series before F1, so maybe they're more used to this kind of thing, but Kimi with a one-and-a-half year old Mclaren, chasing for the WDC? That's got to be something very impressive.

Unfortunately, many people dont realy acknowledge this side of his talent.