F1 2017 drivers helmets :

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sevach

Re: F1 2017 drivers helmets :

It's an improvement, the shade of yellow seems different to Mclaren Lewis Hamilton.

Phil

Schuttelberg wrote:I prefer the number 5, but still, classic design. I'm glad he's stuck to his original design. Him and Alonso are the class of the field in terms of design. Hamilton started his career with an instant classic but his designs have gotten more and more hideous with every passing year!

Helmets would also look much cleaner and classical if these advertising halo's were banned on driver helmets.
Really? I am not a fan of the yellow one, but i really liked the white one he used (as of 2013 or 2014 i think). This new one is ok, but nice considering its designed by a fan.

Alonsos i dont dig at all. Vettel, i like.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Schuttelberg

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Predator wrote:Hamilton has tweaked the helmet already. More yellow and red added, white removed. :roll:
Schuttelberg wrote:
It's absolutely horrendous if you ask me. Lewis' McLaren design was his cleanest, most sophisticated and elegant design. It's something people remember decades down the line. This? Looks like an exuberant ten year old spilt glitter on his painting canvas.

This is all down to personal like and dislike, but my current favourite helmet designs would be that of Vettel and Alonso. Just a clean elegant design. Something that could be very retro in twenty years time. Vettel and Hamilton have gone in opposite directions. Vettel had some truly horrendous one's in his RBR days. Among the new guys I like Ocon's (Very Schumi) and Vandoorne. Vandoorne's would look very nice if he dropped the glitter and went for basic colours and matte design.
Agreed on all fronts.
I like Alonso's the best at this rate.

However Hamilton's is quite cool, aggressive.

It is not meant to be pretty.
Think of an Apache war dress.
Actually it serves the same purpose as your avatar!
Thank god, 'the predator' and I are in the same boat.

Like I said PZ, it's all down to personal opinion (liveries and helmets).
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:I prefer the number 5, but still, classic design. I'm glad he's stuck to his original design. Him and Alonso are the class of the field in terms of design. Hamilton started his career with an instant classic but his designs have gotten more and more hideous with every passing year!

Helmets would also look much cleaner and classical if these advertising halo's were banned on driver helmets.
Really? I am not a fan of the yellow one, but i really liked the white one he used (as of 2013 or 2014 i think). This new one is ok, but nice considering its designed by a fan.

Alonsos i dont dig at all. Vettel, i like.
The Hamilton McLaren design? In my opinion, it's the second most 'iconic' yellow lid. It definitely ranks in my top 10/top 5 lids of all time. I really really like Alonso's helmet as well. It's a gorgeous design and something he's always kept apart from his anonymous McLaren year. Vettel's is one that finally people now relate to him, although I feel you can't judge a RB driver's lid till he quits the team. I loathe Ricciardo's design though I love him as a driver.

There's one thing I'd definitely veto on helmets. Rather than ban change in helmet designs mid year, I'd ban the advertising halo that plagues practically all helmet designs of this era. It just sucks! The 'monster' and 'kaspersky' do a solid job of ruining the Merc and Ferrari driver designs.

On the subject of Hamilton's 2014-16 design? Colors are fine, glitters are not and I don't like the 'Still I Rise' and the other crap that Hamilton tries to sell. Pretty rich slogan driving a car that's the class of the field. :mrgreen:

Just my opinion.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

My top 10 helmet designs of all time-

At no. 10 - Jenson Button -

At no. 9 - Kimi Raikkonen -

At no. 8 - Fernando Alonso -

At no. 7 - Alain Prost -

At no. 6 - Mika Hakiinen -

At no. 5 - Lewis Hamilton -

At no. 4 - Sebastian Vettel -

At no. 3 - James Hunt -

At no.2 - Ayrton Senna -

And, at no.1 - Michael Schumacher -

GTO99

Schuttelberg wrote: At no. 4 - Sebastian Vettel -
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw ... et-_57.jpg
Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the stripes on the upper portion of the helmet doesn't seem to line up with the bottom part. I hope this issue is not on his current helmet.

Starscreamer

Lance Stroll wears Bottas helmet :o

#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Schuttelberg

GTO99 wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote: At no. 4 - Sebastian Vettel -
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw ... et-_57.jpg
Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the stripes on the upper portion of the helmet doesn't seem to line up with the bottom part. I hope this issue is not on his current helmet.
Eagle eyes you have over there mate.

F1HelmetCollector

Lance Stroll helmet Image
You can follow me on my twitter: https://twitter.com/F1HLM

Scuderia1967

F1HelmetCollector wrote:Lance Stroll helmet https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5voIXrWQAA6t68.jpg
Nico Rosberg's lid has a clone

cmF1

F1HelmetCollector wrote:Lance Stroll helmet https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5voIXrWQAA6t68.jpg
Very nice!! Now you can see why he chose number 18
プラスとマイナス

Starscreamer

I follow you now on twitte! I like the helmet photo's :D
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

F1HelmetCollector

Antonio Giovinazzi's Sauber helmet Image
You can follow me on my twitter: https://twitter.com/F1HLM

Predator

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Predator wrote:Hamilton has tweaked the helmet already. More yellow and red added, white removed. :roll:
Schuttelberg wrote:
It's absolutely horrendous if you ask me. Lewis' McLaren design was his cleanest, most sophisticated and elegant design. It's something people remember decades down the line. This? Looks like an exuberant ten year old spilt glitter on his painting canvas.

This is all down to personal like and dislike, but my current favourite helmet designs would be that of Vettel and Alonso. Just a clean elegant design. Something that could be very retro in twenty years time. Vettel and Hamilton have gone in opposite directions. Vettel had some truly horrendous one's in his RBR days. Among the new guys I like Ocon's (Very Schumi) and Vandoorne. Vandoorne's would look very nice if he dropped the glitter and went for basic colours and matte design.
Agreed on all fronts.
I like Alonso's the best at this rate.

However Hamilton's is quite cool, aggressive.

It is not meant to be pretty.
Think of an Apache war dress.
Actually it serves the same purpose as your avatar!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4fe7f6.jpg
Stan Winston's predator bio-helmet/mask design is a work of art whereas that thing Hamilton is wearing is a cluttered, uninspiring mess. Ahh well, one man's trash is another man's treasure. :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

Schuttelberg wrote:
The Hamilton McLaren design? In my opinion, it's the second most 'iconic' yellow lid. It definitely ranks in my top 10/top 5 lids of all time. I really really like Alonso's helmet as well. It's a gorgeous design and something he's always kept apart from his anonymous McLaren year. Vettel's is one that finally people now relate to him, although I feel you can't judge a RB driver's lid till he quits the team. I loathe Ricciardo's design though I love him as a driver.

There's one thing I'd definitely veto on helmets. Rather than ban change in helmet designs mid year, I'd ban the advertising halo that plagues practically all helmet designs of this era. It just sucks! The 'monster' and 'kaspersky' do a solid job of ruining the Merc and Ferrari driver designs.

On the subject of Hamilton's 2014-16 design? Colors are fine, glitters are not and I don't like the 'Still I Rise' and the other crap that Hamilton tries to sell. Pretty rich slogan driving a car that's the class of the field. :mrgreen:

Just my opinion.
Maya Angelou. Look her up man! lol That is when you see where Still I Rise comes from.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏